Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Do you use manual or automatic fielding. I stopped using manual fielding the day after the game came out and don't get any run outs...
This.

It's a sad price to pay, but BA put the new throw mechanic in the game and it just creates problems.

Set it to auto and have done with it.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@WealeyH what is the hotkey to record last 15 sec of gameplay? I saw you do it in your last posted video.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
My last test match just proved again that the scripting is horrible. When the AI bowled all of the edges went straight to a fielder or slip. Not one single edge flew to the boundary or into a gap between slips. When I bowled 90%+ of the edges flew to the boundary and sometimes straight through a fielder that stood there like a statue. Between the AI's 2 innings they scored 120+ runs from edges that went to the boundary. The AI had I think 4 successful caught and bowled wickets and when I bowled they all just went straight through my bowler. These things should have been fixed a very long time ago but BA just shows their lack of support. I still play with @Rumple43 sliders. Played a couple of The Hundred matches today that were completely a different experience and really enjoyed it.

As you can see loads of my edges go safely to ground and add a lot of variety in close moments.

I have found that pitch friction influences this.

Just an FYI if interested

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa

As you can see loads of my edges go safely to ground and add a lot of variety in close moments.

I have found that pitch friction influences this.

Just an FYI if interested
I set my pitch friction exactly to values by @Rumple43 slider spreadsheet. Would you recommend higher or lower pitch friction?
I have to add that the issue with edges always happens when the AI is having trouble to score. That is the reason why I say that the scripting is poor. I have tested this many times. When I put up a big score the AI will score via edges and fielders that behave strangely. You get the odd 2 AI batsmen that will bat very good and score with proper shots into gaps and not the edges.

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I set my pitch friction exactly to values by @Rumple43 slider spreadsheet. Would you recommend higher or lower pitch friction?
I have to add that the issue with edges always happens when the AI is having trouble to score. That is the reason why I say that the scripting is poor. I have tested this many times. When I put up a big score the AI will score via edges and fielders that behave strangely. You get the odd 2 AI batsmen that will bat very good and score with proper shots into gaps and not the edges.

Out of interest what would normally be your field placements.

As you can see from the last two tests the AI have gone at 2 an over. My run rate is 35 so it isn't trying to achieve something realistic.

Because my fields are quite attacking there's single to be had. Sharma only hit 7 fours in his 70 but worked lots into gaps.

The edge for runs I find happens if you give the AI no out shot OR the run rate trying to be achieved is forcing some kind of scripting.

No word of lie in my last two tests I reckon 4-5 edges from the AI have gone for boundaries.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Out of interest what would normally be your field placements.

As you can see from the last two tests the AI have gone at 2 an over. My run rate is 35 so it isn't trying to achieve something realistic.

Because my fields are quite attacking there's single to be had. Sharma only hit 7 fours in his 70 but worked lots into gaps.

The edge for runs I find happens if you give the AI no out shot OR the run rate trying to be achieved is forcing some kind of scripting.

No word of lie in my last two tests I reckon 4-5 edges from the AI have gone for boundaries.
Usually I go for aggressive or start of innings fields. As soon as a batsmen gets settled (20-30 runs) I will change to more defensive. I think it is like you said with the run rate that it cause more edges. I watch Twistie3 on youtube and couldn't understand why I don't see the edges in his gameplay too. Only now that you mention it do I remember that Twistie plays with default AI settings. Will push up my run rate to 35, think it is on 20 at the moment.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Usually I go for aggressive or start of innings fields. As soon as a batsmen gets settled (20-30 runs) I will change to more defensive. I think it is like you said with the run rate that it cause more edges. I watch Twistie3 on youtube and couldn't understand why I don't see the edges in his gameplay too. Only now that you mention it do I remember that Twistie plays with default AI settings. Will push up my run rate to 35, think it is on 20 at the moment.

Also make bowling hard. Bowl without the HUD bowl the odd bad ball that they knock away so they don't have to manufacture runs from edges etc

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Ok started fresh today. Played as NZ vs England. England decided to bat first.
AI Veteran
S\R 70
Run Rate 35
WIcket Chance 30
Bowling 80

Some beautiful wickets in the slips, cover and mid off. I even had my first caught and bowled. England 1st innings were bowled out for 98 and there were no dodgy wickets or silly run outs. Had them under pressure early on and they just couldn't get the ball through the gaps. My first inning at the moment are 38/2. Lost 2 wicket early and also struggling to get the ball through the gaps. I am thinking of upping the run rate to 40 as both teams could not achieve more than 2.2 an over. Thank you @WealeyH for the tips in adjusting the sliders.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Also make bowling hard. Bowl without the HUD bowl the odd bad ball that they knock away so they don't have to manufacture runs from edges etc
Unfortunately I can't bowl with classic controls as my L and R sticks are both stuffed. I use to play Cricket 19 with classic controls. Controllers are not cheap but will eventually get a new one. I do however bowl on hard difficulty and do bowl the odd bad delivery to mix things up. Batting on hardest difficulty which is a new challenge.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
@WealeyH what is your shot force value? I find if the value is too low that the batsmen run 4 singles too easily.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@WealeyH what is your shot force value? I find if the value is too low that the batsmen run 4 singles too easily.

Need to check. Will do that tomorrow for you. I adjust it on what speed I want the outfield if that makes sense.

If you want the AI to put up good scores your have to really lower your jump and release windows.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Did they change something with the simulation? I’m now getting more varied results when simulating T20s especially if I change the AI values which wasn’t the case in any previous titles. Might honestly make me run another version of the lockdown tournament with my friends if it is the case.

Users who are viewing this thread