Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Its this that has killed the game for me mate too - in any conditions, with any settings, i can just rip through the AI with spin for under 100, pretty much at will.

How can you play a cricket game where you would literally have to stop yourself bowling spin to give the AI a chance?

Unless BA sort this, this game, as good as it is in many ways, is dead to me.

Hoping for a miracle.

See I'm still not seeing this. Even playing in "spin friendly" conditions with sliders aimed at mimicking playing in India. Maybe I suck at bowling spin? :laughter:

20220415_180832.jpg

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Its this that has killed the game for me mate too - in any conditions, with any settings, i can just rip through the AI with spin for under 100, pretty much at will.

How can you play a cricket game where you would literally have to stop yourself bowling spin to give the AI a chance?

Unless BA sort this, this game, as good as it is in many ways, is dead to me.

Hoping for a miracle.

This isn’t true. It’s for one pitch specifically.

lexluger

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I said many months before the game was out that Big Ant are turning into a money grab company like EA in many ways. This game is overall not an upgrade graphically over their previous two releases and gameplay wise it solves some issues but has tons of bugs.

The player and team creation from what I've seen online and through their free tool is a massive downgrade

How do people tolerate this and put not only their hard earned money but countless hours playing poor simulations of test matches ?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I said many months before the game was out that Big Ant are turning into a money grab company like EA in many ways. This game is overall not an upgrade graphically over their previous two releases and gameplay wise it solves some issues but has tons of bugs.

The player and team creation from what I've seen online and through their free tool is a massive downgrade

How do people tolerate this and put not only their hard earned money but countless hours playing poor simulations of test matches ?

Because some.. and myself personally get a very enjoyable game out of it. Costs me 40 o so quid. (Tank of petrol) and i don’t revolve my life around it.

Like I have said on numerous occasions that he guys at BA work hard and care.

I’ll critique the game but I won’t doubt their commitment. Everyone ****s up times.

Give battlefield a go.. that will win on amount of bugs present. So will Vanguard actually.

Just had a close drawn test.

An AI collapse for me to win on Day 5

And now I’m about to set the AI a target to chase on Day 5.

All wickets been genuine. All been very enjoyable.

I will add though that the game was a complete mess on release.

Last edited:

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

My test match simulations are alright tbf

silentuk

Club Captain
Is there a way to change the start date for custom competitions? I set up a custom competition for the County Championship so I could play with 10 teams, 11am starts, 96 over days etc but it starts on 1 Jan so that it's cold, sun never gets high and it gets dark at 4pm. I can't see a way to change the calendar. Have I missed something obvious?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Is there a way to change the start date for custom competitions? I set up a custom competition for the County Championship so I could play with 10 teams, 11am starts, 96 over days etc but it starts on 1 Jan so that it's cold, sun never gets high and it gets dark at 4pm. I can't see a way to change the calendar. Have I missed something obvious?
Custom competitions seem to all be set to start on Jan 1. The preset comps do start at more appropriate dates.

silentuk

Club Captain
Custom competitions seem to all be set to start on Jan 1. The preset comps do start at more appropriate dates.
Thanks. Disappointing, but the answer I expected. Will have to make do with the preset version. I guess it's because it's not licensed that the preset is the incorrect format. Seems a shame the start date can't be changed though.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The game is good now after last patch. Yesterday I payed ODI Bangladesh vs South Africa on Legendary Hard batting and bowling. I bowled Bangladesh out for 208 after an opening partnership of 102 runs. They played very aggressive and had me changing field 2-3 times an over. I thought I could get that total in 35-40 overs but got bowled out for 189. Today played ODI India (Me) vs Sri Lanka with the exact same settings and I scored a massive 435 runs with Kohli top scoring 117. Still have to bowl but didn't have time today. Only thing I could find wrong is the fielders that responds a bit slow when they have to throw the ball to keeper or bowler. In test matches I haven't found anything wrong yet.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Are you seeing mentalities in action @WealeyH ? Everyone batting at about 3-3.5 an over for me all the time.

Enjoyable AI no doubt but mentalities was so important to me.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Are you seeing mentalities in action @WealeyH ? Everyone batting at about 3-3.5 an over for me all the time.

Enjoyable AI no doubt but mentalities was so important to me.

I’ll be honest haven’t thought about it.. I want to say yes but it’s subtle.. the aggressive guys seemed to play more shots. But it didn’t translate into higher strike rates as much. If it did the aggressive players were 50 strike rate conservative 35-40.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’ll be honest haven’t thought about it.. I want to say yes but it’s subtle.. the aggressive guys seemed to play more shots. But it didn’t translate into higher strike rates as much. If it did the aggressive players were 50 strike rate conservative 35-40.

I guess it should be fairly subtle, but want to sort the Rishabh Pant's from the Sibleys.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I guess it should be fairly subtle, but want to sort the Rishabh Pant's from the Sibleys.

I’m going to say.. when I was testing Warner was playing more shots than Harris. Same for Markham and Elgar. BUT you won’t see them going at a strike rate if 70 etc.

They seemed “busier” though..
Post automatically merged:

Tried to recreate similar to what we saw in South Africa recently..

Bangladesh certainly wasnt out to entertain anyone, very watchful and dogged.

View attachment 266210View attachment 266211

Mahraj grabbed 5 after 30 overs of bowling. 1 Bat Pad to leg slip. 1 LBW, 2 bowled, 1 lovely catch at 1st slip

View attachment 266212View attachment 266213

Its the best i have seen the AI bat by an absolute mile.

@Langeveldt the conservatives and balanced.. are different. But subtly.. the balanced are going at around 50

Users who are viewing this thread