Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Hester

County Cricketer
I havent played the game for a few weeks.... it was frustrating.... please tell the pace bowlers now take wickets (seemed impossible before) - the only way to take wickets in test matches was through spin. Off the boot. Off the pad. It was too easy. Is this something that can be sorted in the settings? Or is this a BigAnt thing - if so, why do you think they havent fixed it?
Pace bowlers do indeed take wickets now. More than spinners. Put a fielder close in and bowl full length inswingers. Many bat/boot catches will follow.

Hester

County Cricketer
Is there a way to change the start date for custom competitions? I set up a custom competition for the County Championship so I could play with 10 teams, 11am starts, 96 over days etc but it starts on 1 Jan so that it's cold, sun never gets high and it gets dark at 4pm. I can't see a way to change the calendar. Have I missed something obvious?
I had a similar issue the other day. All matches start in January. It probably isn't going to be fixed.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This isn’t true. It’s for one pitch specifically.
I haven't tried the settings with ball friction and stuffs yet, but I was playing in spin friendly pitch where warne took 9 out of 10 wickets in first innings. I understand in a spin friendly wicket spinner is likely to get wickets more but the issue for me was how easy it was to get the wickets and how similar almost every wicket was. So I don't think it's a green pitch only issue.

I did play the second innings of that test match with the new patch and interestingly had a harder time to take wickets. Spinners still took 7 out of 10 wickets (warne 5 and m waugh 2) but the initial damage was done by the pacers with 3 wickets up front (2 caught behind including 1 inside edge and 1 bowled,)

pavanjorige

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
When are they going to fix the slow motion being played out while Sweeps and reverse sweeps it is definitely changing the outcome of the delivery I am playing a sweep on a ball that is turning away from the batsmen had the freaking Slow Motion not there I Would have a boundary here but since the game decides it is not a correct shot i had to get bowled ... what the hell... I have a raised a ticket long back but still no response ... Slow Motion is a very bad idea and i have not seen it in cricket 19 or in any other game @MattW How can we take it to Big Ant Notice

Last edited:

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
When are they going to fix the slow motion being played out while Sweeps and reverse sweeps it is definitely changing the outcome of the delivery I am playing a sweep on a ball that is turning away from the batsmen had the freaking Slow Motion not there I Would have a boundary here but since the game decides it is not a correct shot i had to get bowled ... what the hell... I have a raised a ticket long back but still no response ... Slow Motion is a very bad idea and i have not seen it in cricket 19 or in any other game @MattW How can we take it to Big Ant Notice
They are not as it was a deliberate addition, so why "Fix" it ? yeah I dont get it either, just play a normal speed shot and miss damnit.

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
From what I recall, Matt has said that these slow motions animations are playing out as Big Ant would like them.

Apparently they occur only when you've mistimed a shot. Although I've played plenty of shots with good or better timing and still had the slo-mo.

pavanjorige

Club Captain
From what I recall, Matt has said that these slow motions animations are playing out as Big Ant would like them.

Apparently they occur only when you've mistimed a shot. Although I've played plenty of shots with good or better timing and still had the slo-mo.
They are consistently playing out while playing a sweep shot which is making me not play any sweep shot at all ... while AI is playing sweeps for fun even of good length delivery and stepping out and whacking a six with an advance down shots makes it frustrating as hell. So we need to have no slow motions Period. This is not what we signed up for ... fix this nonsense or give me a refund as simple as that BA

pavanjorige

Club Captain
No news regarding the xbox patch.

Fix the damn slow mo shot , it's not a feature its an immersion breaking bug.
I am with you on the Slow motion thing it is irritating as hell and if we could do without it in the entirety of cricket 19 ... why are we suddenly needing it if i play a wrong shot i will miss it as simple as that

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
They are consistently playing out while playing a sweep shot which is making me not play any sweep shot at all ... while AI is playing sweeps for fun even of good length delivery and stepping out and whacking a six with an advance down shots makes it frustrating as hell. So we need to have no slow motions Period. This is not what we signed up for ... fix this nonsense or give me a refund as simple as that BA
I'd agree that it shouldn't happen. I think it should be fixed, but as far as refunds go, that's down to Sony, Microsoft, Steam or whatever retailer you bought the game from, not Big Ant.

It's no good trying the I want a refund line with Big Ant, it's a pointless course. As many people as possible need to get the message across that the slo-mo shots for no reason need to go. Perhaps by a poll on a separate thread?

The real hint that it's just there as a mindless deterrent to oversweeping is that Matt has not actually ever told us the purpose or function of it's inclusion.

It's one of a couple of dozen step backs from Cricket '19, where Cricket '22 has maybe the same number of steps forward.

The frustration of it all is that you naturally expect decent things to improve not regress, like the Academy, Stadium Creator, spinners, slo-mo shots, wicketkeepers, general fielding, catching, AI game pacing and many others.

Most of this stuff you'd hope for a continuation of quality from the previous game. Not a massive nose dive on release, then a many-month patchathon to reclaim the previous game's finishing point!

(Although the academy has received zero improvements as far as I can tell and has issues. What the heck does middle lip actually do!!! Why do many sliders resume on new creations where they were left on the previous?)

Last edited:

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Because some.. and myself personally get a very enjoyable game out of it. Costs me 40 o so quid. (Tank of petrol) and i don’t revolve my life around it.

Like I have said on numerous occasions that he guys at BA work hard and care.

I’ll critique the game but I won’t doubt their commitment. Everyone ****s up times.

Give battlefield a go.. that will win on amount of bugs present. So will Vanguard actually.

Just had a close drawn test.

An AI collapse for me to win on Day 5

And now I’m about to set the AI a target to chase on Day 5.

All wickets been genuine. All been very enjoyable.

I will add though that the game was a complete mess on release.
I know you mentioned it before but could confirm what settings you are on ,default? Thank you

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I havent played the game for a few weeks.... it was frustrating.... please tell the pace bowlers now take wickets (seemed impossible before) - the only way to take wickets in test matches was through spin. Off the boot. Off the pad. It was too easy. Is this something that can be sorted in the settings? Or is this a BigAnt thing - if so, why do you think they havent fixed it?
Also lack of edges from AI of Pace bowling

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

I'd forgotten just how cool the catch animation is for the De Grandhomme wicket. Looks class!

Users who are viewing this thread