Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

pavanjorige

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd agree that it shouldn't happen. I think it should be fixed, but as far as refunds go, that's down to Sony, Microsoft, Steam or whatever retailer you bought the game from, not Big Ant.

It's no good trying the I want a refund line with Big Ant, it's a pointless course. As many people as possible need to get the message across that the slo-mo shots for no reason need to go. Perhaps by a poll on a separate thread?

The real hint that it's just there as a mindless deterrent to oversweeping is that Matt has not actually ever told us the purpose or function of it's inclusion.

It's one of a couple of dozen step backs from Cricket '19, where Cricket '22 has maybe the same number of steps forward.

The frustration of it all is that you naturally expect decent things to improve not regress, like the Academy, Stadium Creator, spinners, slo-mo shots, wicketkeepers, general fielding, catching, AI game pacing and many others.

Most of this stuff you'd hope for a continuation of quality from the previous game. Not a massive nose dive on release, then a many-month patchathon to reclaim the previous game's finishing point!

(Although the academy has received zero improvements as far as I can tell and has issues. What the heck does middle lip actually do!!! Why do many sliders resume on new creations where they were left on the previous?)
Yup I`d Agree but Simply adding non sensical stuff to the gameplay makes me go nuts.. I Mean we have struck with Big Ant for 8 years bought all their games (cricket games) but cannot simply put forward a single feedback is extremely annoying. Long Story Short Slow Motion in any sense has to go and I need the support of the community to put it across to the devs

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yup I`d Agree but Simply adding non sensical stuff to the gameplay makes me go nuts.. I Mean we have struck with Big Ant for 8 years bought all their games (cricket games) but cannot simply put forward a single feedback is extremely annoying. Long Story Short Slow Motion in any sense has to go and I need the support of the community to put it across to the devs
Agreed. I think it was the BA way of solving lack of LBWs and bowled dismissals for human batting. Anyway that has to go.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't get the slow motion shot complaints. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that happen when you're late on timing a shot and thus its down to user error. Just time shots better or lower the difficulty.

Now, having said that allow me to get out the way as the s**t is thrown at me. Be gentle. (I'm not trying to instigate here.)

giphy (1).gif

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I don't get the slow motion shot complaints. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that happen when you're late on timing a shot and thus its down to user error. Just time shots better or lower the difficulty.

Now, having said that allow me to get out the way as the s**t is thrown at me. Be gentle. (I'm not trying to instigate here.)

View attachment 266257

That’s how I saw it… fearsome tweak the input and it goes into that slo mo thing.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

View attachment 266257
You have a valid point tbf although surely everyone agrees it would look better just missing shots in real time like in real life

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It’s only a few particular shots though isn’t it?
It has happened to me only twice or thrice in the past few weeks. But when it happens it looks a bit odd. Anyway got to admit, after the latest patch and with your slider settings I am enjoying the game more than Cricket 19.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
It has happened to me only twice or thrice in the past few weeks. But when it happens it looks a bit odd. Anyway got to admit, after the latest patch and with your slider settings I am enjoying the game more than Cricket 19.

Glad to hear.. people struggle with levels of perspective some times.

The smallest things are made out to be the biggest things. “It’s broken” etc.

As you said, same for me, couple of times, makes no difference really.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
It’s only a few particular shots though isn’t it?
Yeh it is it’s normally when I try play a ridiculous shot or the timing is nowhere near. If this is my only real annoyance then that’s not bad as I only really get annoyed when everyone starts mentioning it in here ha ha On a plus the AI seem to be playing beautifully at the minute especially in tests

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Yeh it is it’s normally when I try play a ridiculous shot or the timing is nowhere near. If this is my only real annoyance then that’s not bad as I only really get annoyed when everyone starts mentioning it in here ha ha On a plus the AI seem to be playing beautifully at the minute especially in tests

No game is perfect, every single game has flaws. No game will suit everyone’s needs. It seems here people go looking for issues or if they find one they will continue to expose it to ruin their own experience.

There’s a determination to not enjoy

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
No game is perfect, every single game has flaws. No game will suit everyone’s needs. It seems here people go looking for issues or if they find one they will continue to expose it to ruin their own experience.

There’s a determination to not enjoy
Agree on that. One thing that I really respect is the guys that do all the community stuff takes the game from good to brilliant just adding all the county teams now for the 22 season waiting with excitement for Yorkshire to be done

Users who are viewing this thread