Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Hester

County Cricketer
I may be preaching to the converted but I'm sure the AI wanting to tonk the ball into the ground so often is causing too many bat bad/boot dismissals.

Has anyone got any idea if increasing striker timing for the AI helps with this?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I may be preaching to the converted but I'm sure the AI wanting to tonk the ball into the ground so often is causing too many bat bad/boot dismissals.

Has anyone got any idea if increasing striker timing for the AI helps with this?

When you say tonk the ball into the ground what do you mean? I only get the bat boot on forward defensives?

Hester

County Cricketer
When you say tonk the ball into the ground what do you mean? I only get the bat boot on forward defensives?
It's when the AI tries to hit the ball directly into the ground, mainly on leg side balls. When they time it, it can bounce over the infielders and go for runs but mostly it will either just hit the pad or boot and dribble along the ground, or, if there's someone there to catch it, it'll be caught

It happens with full length in swinging balls on leg, and with spinners.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
It's when the AI tries to hit the ball directly into the ground, mainly on leg side balls. When they time it, it can bounce over the infielders and go for runs but mostly it will either just hit the pad or boot and dribble along the ground, or, if there's someone there to catch it, it'll be caught

It happens with full length in swinging balls on leg, and with spinners.

Oh never had that. I just have it off forward defensive.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Playing NZ VS WI test match again after finally getting the new patch. Conditions are standard medium with default sliders at veteran.

There seemed something mature about A.I batting. A.I started off well run rate went to 3.5 to 2.5 to 2 till over 30th, then probably due to my poor bowling now they are 231/0 in 53 overs.

Frusteratingly so though i haven't been able to get any wicket and there hasn't been alot of edges either, infact very, very few which is a point of concern (or is it my poor bowling?)

One thing i am struggling with is Batter moving across stumps to glance any middle-off, and off stump ball to towards the legside for easy 1s,3s and 4s.

Most frusteratingly so, this happened sometimes even when i bowled at 5th stump literally.

It has happened every single time i have tried to bowl a better line i e. Swinging out from off stump or middle stump, or swinging in from 5th stump.

Any thoughts/suggestions on this, is it an A.I bug in this patch or just me? Any slider suggestions or bowling advise?

P.S: One more thing, After new patch A.I is playing alot of dab to 3rd man (for four mostly) which, while good is also frusterating when it picks up an inswinging 5th stump delivery for 4 to third man. Has it been happening to anyone else?

On some positive note, i am noticing reduced swing with old ball. Can we get low/uneven bounce off the pitch too please MattW as the ball & pitch gets older? Please:(

Sorry for the long thread but thought i'd record all my observations in a go.

From C17 there is an issue with unusually high bounce for cutters with a pace bowler, usually even with lower bounce slider setting, a cutter delivery (leg cutter or off cutter) bounce a good 2-3 inch above a swinging delivery, thereby missing out on many lbw chances imho. Does anyone else feel the same or just me?

If yes, i'm thinking of adding this as support ticket to maybe, just maybe have a logic fix applied. While we don't want each swing or cutter to bounce the same, the difference shouldn't be that much since this doesn't happen in actual cricket

Last edited:

Hester

County Cricketer
Playing NZ VS WI test match again after finally getting the new patch. Conditions are standard medium with default sliders at veteran.

There seemed something mature about A.I batting. A.I started off well run rate went to 3.5 to 2.5 to 2 till over 30th, then probably due to my poor bowling now they are 231/0 in 53 overs.

Frusteratingly so though i haven't been able to get any wicket and there hasn't been alot of edges either, infact very, very few which is a point of concern (or is it my poor bowling?)

One thing i am struggling with is Batter moving across stumps to glance any middle-off, and off stump ball to towards the legside for easy 1s,3s and 4s.

Most frusteratingly so, this happened sometimes even when i bowled at 5th stump literally.

It has happened every single time i have tried to bowl a better line i e. Swinging out from off stump or middle stump, or swinging in from 5th stump.

Any thoughts/suggestions on this, is it an A.I bug in this patch or just me? Any slider suggestions or bowling advise?

P.S: One more thing, After new patch A.I is playing alot of dab to 3rd man (for four mostly) which, while good is also frusterating when it picks up an inswinging 5th stump delivery for 4 to third man. Has it been happening to anyone else?

On some positive note, i am noticing reduced swing with old ball. Can we get low/uneven bounce off the pitch too please MattW as the ball & pitch gets older? Please:(

From C17 there is an issue with unusually high bounce for cutters with a pace bowler, usually even with lower bounce slider setting, a cutter delivery (leg cutter or off cutter) bounce a good 2-3 inch above a swinging delivery, thereby missing out on many lbw chances imho. Does anyone else feel the same or just me?

If yes, i'm thinking of adding this as support ticket to maybe, just maybe have a logic fix applied. While we don't want each swing or cutter to bounce the same, the difference shouldn't be that much since this doesn't happen in actual cricket
I can say I've never had a bowled or a lbw when bowling cutters on a good length.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

In terms of wickets I just played my first full test match bowling and batting every ball. Was ashes series and after bowling aus out first innings for 147 I thought wow this is pretty easy. Wicket chance 50 and timing 50. The second innings was a real slog and at one point they were 110-0 I eventually bowled them out for 357 with archer taking 4 Parkinson 2 broad 1 and 3 (yes 3) run outs. I had a few edges but not as many as I’d like, Im not a fan of the edges flying off at 100mph hopefully that can be tuned down a touch lots of near misses which feels good the ball zipping past as they stand motionless. Also agree you can notice the ball doing more when you take the nee ball which is good and despite what everyone says my spinner didn’t clean up easily and bowled 20 overs with only one bat/boot incident Game feels really good to me even the fielding is good in two innings I reckon there were 2/3 max dodgy looking dives towards ball apart from that bang on

sahil1087

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Are there any steam users facing issues when playing online quick match or online with friends after network update on apr 22? Guys can we please escalate this collectively with big ant? This is the third day and no one has neither responded or updated.

Users who are viewing this thread