Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I really wish they include this kind of batting pads..the batting pads we had in C19 is nowhere near to the attached pic..
If there are no inclusion of modern batting pads then atleast they should make some changes to make it more look like the modern ones it will really make the game look good..
BA has license for NB, GN and Kookaburra they should consider making gloves and pads according to the brand just AC09 had..View attachment 257127
Here is the batting pads difference between AC09 and Cricket 19..View attachment 257139
Good point I remember the pads in DBC14 were perfect and then was shocked AC17 had regressed to Cricket 2004 style model and texture

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
THIS!! One of my biggest pet peeves is equipment, i spend hours making sure no one has old looking pads and gloves and I don’t used the licensed teams because of it, Joe Root using his NB bat with some random blue gloves. I know it’s minimal, but this is just something that bugs me. Having the real equipment like in Ashes09 would be great, but if not, at least let me edit it and then save pads and gloves like you can with bats, so I don’t have to make them again and again for every player, because for my sins, I do. Prep for a test series takes me like 2 days haha
I was thinking the same thing... imagine if we could create, share and download gloves, pads, arm guards, glasses and shoes the same way we can download bats from the community. It would save a lot of time fine tuning each individual player's equipment. And yes, being able to edit the equipment of the licenced players, and definitely more modern styles of pads. I think in DB14 and DB17 we had some more decent option to choose from.

Another thing I was thinking about today... hopefully the logo creator tool has also been updated in C22. And maybe they can add some sort of templates to be able to create the different types of shirt fronts and backs, pants, caps, etc. So you select the template and it fits 100% and all you do is create the rest of the shirt's design instead of starting from scratch and having to fine tune a collar or the size of the shirt for example. I know we have some brilliant creators in the community, but this might save everyone a lot of time.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I have your Eng and SA teams..and each players batting gears are matched with their sponsors..this really makes the gameplay look good.
I done the same with Australia, India, New Zealand and the West Indies, couldn’t go into a series without making sure they were all looking good

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I know some people have been asking big ant and ross on twitter about licences for teams, if they couldn't get licences for more of the test playing nations would people be happy if they managed to get the licences of the Associate members of the ICC? To me I feel if that was the case it would help make some of those nations gain more recognition with the cricket gaming fanbase.

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I know some people have been asking big ant and ross on twitter about licences for teams, if they couldn't get licences for more of the test playing nations would people be happy if they managed to get the licences of the Associate members of the ICC? To me I feel if that was the case it would help make some of those nations gain more recognition with the cricket gaming fanbase.
I think it'd be great but at the same time, the resources to put in the art for those teams and players might not really have much benefit from a business POV and take away from more popular stuff.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think it'd be great but at the same time, the resources to put in the art for those teams and players might not really have much benefit from a business POV and take away from more popular stuff.
Enter Russia.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Low Confidence Vs High Confidence Bowler ,

Confidence meter need to be big role in gameplay , Good Bowler with low confidence Should have difficult to pitch right bowl same .

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
I guess the Cricket 22 game launch is planned once Australian Cricket Team is back in the country after T20 WC. Similar launch was done for. Ashes Cricket in 2017 I guess. It's all a built-up to Ashes Series starting Early next Month.

Hoping today England ensure Australia reach home sooner :p

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Something I’d like to see and I can think of a few others who would agree with me, is how jumpers, and hats are used/assigned. I would like to think it shouldn’t be too hard as they are already in the game, they are just implemented in the wrong way.

Jumpers (long sleeve/sleeveless) should be easy enough, just have the option to create and edit them like we have at the moment, but keep them separate from the shirt. At the moment adding colour or a design to the shirt means doing the same to the jumper, which is annoying, just have them as a separate piece of clothing, like they have with the trousers.

Hats should be simple enough as well, they have multiple options, so just make it so that teams can also have multiple options as well. Test match cap in blue for example, but the sun hat in white, then when you edit a player and choose what they wear you can choose out of both or opt to wear neither.

The real wishful thinking comes with this next bit, but it would be great…… So providing the above is in place, players are now given the option too. So when you edit them it would be something like;

Default Hat - Cap / Sun hat / None
Hat when sunny - Cap / Sun hat / None
Glasses when fielding - Yes / No / only when sunny
Glasses when bowling - Yes / No / only when sunny
Long sleeve jumper when fielding - Yes / No / only when cold
Long sleeve jumper when fielding - Yes / No / only when mild
Long sleeve jumper when fielding - Yes / No / only when warm
Sleeveless jumper when fielding - Yes / No / only when cold
Sleeveless jumper when fielding - Yes / No / only when mild
Sleeveless jumper when fielding - Yes / No / only when warm
Long sleeve jumper when batting - Yes / No / only when cold
Long sleeve jumper when batting - Yes / No / only when mild
Long sleeve jumper when batting - Yes / No / only when warm
Sleeveless jumper when batting - Yes / No / only when cold
Sleeveless jumper when batting - Yes / No / only when mild
Sleeveless jumper when batting - Yes / No / only when warm

Then you could have the same for long sleeve shirts as well.

So in theory, you could have a player, Michael Clarke comes to mind, who when it is cold/mild/warm i.e. in England, he bats wearing a short sleeve shirt, sleeveless jumper and his sweat band, but when he fields he wears just a long sleeve shirt. However, when it is hot (Aus, Ind etc) he wears just a short sleeve shirt to bat in.

This last bit is possibly a bit too much in the way of being hopeful, but the first points should surely be doable.

It’s only aesthetics of course, but it would be great seeing your players run out on the first morning of a test match at Edgbaston, thinking it’s glorious because it’s 21 degrees, then seeing the Indian batsman slowly follow all wrapped up in jumpers because for them it’s freezing

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
cricket 22 Vs cricket 19 Batting Net training , Which is Best

For me, it's the sound on these videos.

Every shot on 19, regardless of just hanging the bat out to guide it to third man or smashing the cover off it over the bowlers head, the sound on contact is nearly identical.

On 21, there's way more variety and intelligence to the sounds attached to various shots.

Agree on the animations as well. Makes a good combo.

Users who are viewing this thread