Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Continuing the testing and the 2nd Test..

Same conditons with the only difference being the pitch was heavily cracked at Adelaide and rock hard instead of medium (allthough couldnt see any visable cracks)

Absorbing cricket and no 550 this time for Australia but for the most part still a good track and they have snuck a little lead. I should of gone bigger.

One lovely thing that I know @blockerdave will love was Smith raced to 100 so i spread the field to try contain and frustrate and he within 2 overs slapped Root to point. Very realistic. Thats twice hes got to 100 now and twice hes been caught in the ring in what i would claim as my trap.

Maybe someone could help me but is Adelaide a smaller outfield than the Gabba, I feel like most shots were flying to the boundary for both teams unlike the first test and im certain the harder pitch contributes to this as well. Which would make sense. But with aggressive mentalities and smaller grounds maybe why people are seeing high run rates!

Good to see the tailenders not stick about! @Rumple43 @Ken Tremendous

Cricket 22 Screenshot 2021.12.20 - 19.29.31.10.png

Abcd9994

Club Captain
[Latest patch on Steam]

Just batted for about an hour in Ashes test match as England,

AI fielding does look all right:

1. they dropped one catch out of 3 or 4, (the one dropped was actually quite a tough chance to be fair- running backwards, very little time to react).

2. Ground fielding looks fine as well... Still some odd weird stuff at times whenever the fielder chases and taps the ball back from near the boundary. But it feels better now with every patch I guess.
in general, it was fine- it was effective.

3. didn't see any overthrows.

Batting (this is on hard/ hardest difficulty with pitch marker =12, AI Bowl quality =100)

1. Not going to talk about the technical issues with the mechanism- many people have highlighted already,

2. I am beginning to sense the most irritating thing of all, certainly, is how the AI bowls and sets fields.

a ) On an average, it seems like every over there will easily be 2-3 balls on your pads/ a bit short. And there's only going to be a fine leg and square leg on the leg side. Help yourselves.

b ) the issues of scoring through cover point on off side, plus the fact that the game allows you to pull good balls outside off behind square (which is practically impossible IRL), in addition to point (a) above, mean that you end up scoring 70-80% of your runs through leg side. Gets boring after some time.

c ) AI feels like they got no plan. They just keep bowling random areas all the time (didn't face any spin btw, only pace). I also felt there's a significant lack of bowling high quality balls consistently ( although it is easy to pull even balls in good quality areas square on the leg side :()- you know like great line and length, around off try and swing it. If not then just try back of a length around off with odd bouncer, put some extra protection on leg side but no... I am not sure but it used to feel different and more fun in C19 for sure.

3. Definitely some issue with pitch marker timing

Last edited:

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
The AI bowling leg side balls is game breaking for me at the moment. Everything else is working pretty well for me but my career player is a left handed batter and I can milk easy runs on the leg side every single over. I have to stop myself doing it every ball just for a bit more realism

waugh machine

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@WealeyH yes Adelaide is smaller than the GABBA square of the wicket, it used to be the longest boundary hitting straight until ropes became a thing

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
I have the AI five down in my latest Test, two more run outs.

Looks like a pattern starting to emerge after the four run outs in the last innings (i use fully assisted fielding for me).

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
I had my first two last innings.. seems worse on smaller grounds. Tbf I quickly back out and restart…
Will play the next game on a much bigger ground see what difference that makes - biggest ground in England on the game what do you think? Oval?

Plotinus

Associate Captain
This really needs fixing - look where hes pulling that ball from, 7th or 8th stump, and you see this way too often.

Its a shot batsman in the real world would never play, they would 100 times out of 100 look to play that through the offside.

View attachment 259772
I'm not so bothered by the AI pulling balls from so far outside off stump...though it would be nice if this induced the chance of more errors (inside edge onto stumps, leading edge popping up for a chance of a catch) rather than whistled to the boundary every time. I'm more bothered by the ability to leave the ball with impunity no matter whether a top-class batter or a tailender. The fact that the AI can leave any ball that isn't going to hit the wicket...no matter how close it gets...is really frustrating and makes bowling a tight line on the stumps irrelevant. The AI cannot leave a ball that would hit the stumps (despite this being something that is not entirely rare in real life) but since it knows whether or not it will hit, it can leave everything it chooses. This removes a whole bowling strategy.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This really needs fixing - look where hes pulling that ball from, 7th or 8th stump, and you see this way too often.

Its a shot batsman in the real world would never play, they would 100 times out of 100 look to play that through the offside.

View attachment 259772
That is the most annoying part of the game for me now.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I think it fair to say the game has came a long way since these patches differently on the ps5

Users who are viewing this thread