Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

AmanT94

School Cricketer
“This game is so rubbish, every time I walk off this ledge I die”……..
Hey if you want to spend you hard earned money or your parents on a game where you have to restrict yourself because the games not smart enough go for it man.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Just attributes
Think it was DBC 14 I started doing this because there were no edges, so my thoughts were if they weren’t as good maybe I will get some. Ever since I have always gone through and made all the players worse than the on disc version.

On 19 I put together a rating system, so like the very best in the world were maybe between 80 and 85 overall (Smith, Kohli, Williamson, Root etc) then the likes of Buttler, Warner, Stokes were between 75 and 79 and so on with others.

Bowlers were similar although I pretty much made them all bad at batting, apart from the odd one who were still only rated like 25-35 batting ability. I had the likes of Anderson as little as 10 I think. This made their overall lower, but it had the desired effect.

I also made sure I reduced the rating spinners had, so if Cummins was an 80 rated bowler, Ashwin would be 73 for example, as they were too overpowered anyway.

I know you haven’t touched the perks and stuff, but I also tried to stick to a general rule of like a Gold perk for the very best, or where obvious (Buttler white ball focused) and thats it, then lesser players would only get the odd one based on my knowledge of them, Sibley strong leg side for example.

I’m a stickler for detail (doing a 2008-2009 ’campaign‘ with England and giving every player I played with and against, the correct stats as of that time) so happy to help where I can if something does get started

AmanT94

School Cricketer
AI bowling and field setting is probably a long term issue, I would say- in addition to the above, I have played a couple of matches where I found that the AI didn't have any fielder to prevent me from scoring through fine sweep/ fine reverse sweep against spinners. I kept playing the same shot, kept scoring a huge amount of runs, but the AI simply didn't stop me.

I feel there are 2 logics that if implemented would make the batting gameplay terrific:

1. Common cricketing logic/ sense- for a certain type of batter and bowler, in a certain match situation- what kind of field is set in real life, try to replicate it a little bit

2. React to what areas the user is targeting against any given bowler.

3. Fix the irritating leg side bowling issue- this often happens especially when my batter's handedness is opposite to the bowler's

Maybe this is something extremely difficult to implement in a game I don't know

Yeah plus you can hit any ball even on a 5th/6th stump line behind square with power which you can't do in cricket, i feel like the line of with the ball is coming is a little under valued like if a player tries to hit it behind square to a 5th/6th stump ball it should either go in front of square or it should be a top edge regardless of timing.

2. Just make finding the gap harder on the legside, so it goes to fielder more often.

3. Also just make the box to move around smaller on the crease or if you don't want to do that and you move to early over to the offside just script the AI for a 85% chance to the spear in a yorker at the stumps that you can't hit.

4. in regards to "React to what areas the user is targeting against any given bowler." I reckon if the player hits 2-3 boundaries in a certain area then either the AI should put a fielder in that exact spot or the AI bowler should adjust the line opposite to side of which the boundaries were hit regardless of length eg, if you hit it legside then the AI bowls it 10% more outside offstump and vice versa on the offside. With obviously some randomness with like every 10-12th ball where they dish up a boundary ball depending on the skill level of the bowler could be more or less balls.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does the diving ability do anything to fielding, ie: diving catches? I set that to the max for every player but not sure if it does trigger diving catches.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
In my opinion, every player in the game must have 3 set attribute and skill ratings for 3 type format... What you guys think?...
I've been saying this from release of cricket 19days. There is a cricket sim game called cricket coach. Not sure how many has played that game. That game has different batting positions for each format and different aggression/bowling skills for each format. It's really sad to people like dekock and pant batting at number 6 in t20s because that's their test batting number.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have tested this and it doesn't seem to be there still on PC...
Intresting. I'm on Xbox and it seems to be working for me.

Would be ideal if someone from BA could confirm it but we all know how likely is that.

Anyway, releasing early/late is something you can try. I'm on the original controls of whatever it's called - the ones we got in DBC 14.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does anybody got sponsorships in career mode?

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
anyone know how to check build number on xbox please?
Yes, go to My games & apps, see all, find cricket 22 and press more options. (Button with three lines) and select manage game and add-ons. It’ll tell you the version there. Currently 1.1.13.0.
If you have auto update on and the Xbox on standby when off, it’ll just do it when available.

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
I guess I am one of the older players here and have been a member of the forum for over 15 years. I have also been playing cricket games for over 60 years. I have a few points to make:
Might we all develop a little patience.
Cricket is a phenomenally complex game to simulate.
Big Ant are doing a superb job and this game is very close to being very good indeed.
Yes, it was released before it was perfect.
We have the opportunity to mold it how we want it.
We will never all be completely satisfied with the end product.
Can we all chill a bit and show a bit more respect for the hard work BA have, and continue to put in to this excellent cricket game?
You are right. If Ajaj Patel of New Zealand team would have taken 10 wickets in an inning in Cricket 22 game then it could have become bug by some.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hey if you want to spend you hard earned money or your parents on a game where you have to restrict yourself because the games not smart enough go for it man.
I think the big issue being raised here is that the AI should at least react to your style of batting and set fields accordingly. That's a major issue in my opinion too

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think the big issue being raised here is that the AI should at least react to your style of batting and set fields accordingly. That's a major issue in my opinion too
That has been an issue since dawn of cricket games, AI has always had lack of situational/match awareness. Can only assume it’s a minefield to program?

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Rahul wafting outside off missing regularly.. eventually succumbing to slip.

Rohit couldn’t get anything away off his pads drove and nicked.

Rahul shit driving stats.
Rohit shit glance stats

opening up a can of worms haha
That's pretty interesting mate. But did they get a decent score? Also is this only for tests?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ok lads, I have been golding off posting this as I wanted to test it thoroughly but im confident in what im about to type...

I have always felt the players are over skilled and I know @wasteyouryouth has felt similar i think in the past especially the lisenced teams.

Anyway, I think they are DRASTICALLY over skilled.

So for the final test and to showcase my results I downloaded Wastes India and did the following:

Sharma : Lowered Glance, Judgement, Control and Drive skills.
Rahul: Lowerd drive skills considerably, judgement and defence.
Pujara: Drastically lowred attacking ability.

Results:

• No last ball smash anywhere in the innings. I think in the whole 30 overs only 5 boundaries were hit.
  • Pujara couldnt get it off the square
  • Rahul (I kid you not) played and missed outside the off stump 15 times in the session before nicking to the slips.
View attachment 260357
  • Sharma couldnt get it away off his pads, kept miss timing or inside edging it. Was then forced to drive and nicked to keeper.
View attachment 260358
  • Run rate stayed below three throughout with ability to bowl maidens.
  • The lowered attaciking ability meant not every shot raced to the boundary.
  • Rahul, nicked 3 defensive shots that dropped short of fielders.

View attachment 260356

View attachment 260359

Proper, Poper Test Match Cricket

@Ken Tremendous @Rumple43 @blockerdave
Completely agree. Very similar experience in my last match - run rate about 2.9 over 130-odd overs and tons of maidens.

Didn’t reduce skills as methodically as you so will go back and adjust.

Still had the number 9 morphs into Bradman issue though!!

Users who are viewing this thread