Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just after Tea on Day 3 of 4 in a Rebel “Test” Match.

Grassy Hard pitch with custom sliders and ratings reduced but not as methodically as @WealeyH has done.

South Africa (AI) 391 in 132.2 overs (run rate just under 3) with 23 maidens (14 to one bowler, Chris Old (RFM) out of 35 overs!)

Had them 208/7 but the tailend boost kicked in: their 8/9/10 scores were 80, 64, 40*. (None are rabbits but still this is extreme and annoying.)

Blown away first inns for 163 in under 50 overs and AI enforced follow on. One of those where every mistake you’re out.

Batting much better 2nd inns. Everyone’s got a start and Gooch made a ton and Amiss 50. Currently just under 100 ahead, 5 down. New ball due, 25 overs left in the day and 96 on day 4.

Nice set up and good match.

Positives
AI batted reasonably for a test, mentalities on show, decent maidens and no regular boundary or last ball smash. Decent variety of dismissals. Visual pitch change and probably affected play too - less grass = easier batting? AI doesnt seem to bowl too leg side.

Negatives
Tailend “balancer”. Bounce is way too low for a hard pitch even taking into account that grass reduces bounce. Batting is hyper restricted - 90% of my runs being extra cover drives and behind square on leg. The few shots I hit in other areas (straight drive and mid-wicket) felt lovely but very hard to repeat regularly. I have not played a single successful cut shot (that was how Gooch got out for 122!). Spin took 4 wickets on day 1 grassy pitch.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Just after Tea on Day 3 of 4 in a Rebel “Test” Match.

Grassy Hard pitch with custom sliders and ratings reduced but not as methodically as @WealeyH has done.

South Africa (AI) 391 in 132.2 overs (run rate just under 3) with 23 maidens (14 to one bowler, Chris Old (RFM) out of 35 overs!)

Had them 208/7 but the tailend boost kicked in: their 8/9/10 scores were 80, 64, 40*. (None are rabbits but still this is extreme and annoying.)

Blown away first inns for 163 in under 50 overs and AI enforced follow on. One of those where every mistake you’re out.

Batting much better 2nd inns. Everyone’s got a start and Gooch made a ton and Amiss 50. Currently just under 100 ahead, 5 down. New ball due, 25 overs left in the day and 96 on day 4.

Nice set up and good match.

Positives
AI batted reasonably for a test, mentalities on show, decent maidens and no regular boundary or last ball smash. Decent variety of dismissals. Visual pitch change and probably affected play too - less grass = easier batting? AI doesnt seem to bowl too leg side.

Negatives
Tailend “balancer”. Bounce is way too low for a hard pitch even taking into account that grass reduces bounce. Batting is hyper restricted - 90% of my runs being extra cover drives and behind square on leg. The few shots I hit in other areas (straight drive and mid-wicket) felt lovely but very hard to repeat regularly. I have not played a single successful cut shot (that was how Gooch got out for 122!). Spin took 4 wickets on day 1 grassy pitch.

Got my next video… may find it encouraging!

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone else had their career player 'retired hurt'? Mine was today on 98. Unfortunately not counted as a not out either. I was trying to see what happens if I bat using aggressive ground shots every time. Well, that's what happens.
Not had this myself, but sounds like fatigue may have some effect.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Got my next video… may find it encouraging!
Good day mate,
Can you please guide a bit of reducing ratings. Like in general what should be reduced for batsmen and how much?
Also do we need to tinker rating for bowlers as well?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Good day mate,
Can you please guide a bit of reducing ratings. Like in general what should be reduced for batsmen and how much?
Also do we need to tinker rating for bowlers as well?

It’s a minefield so I haven’t touched bowlers yet. So in theory at the moment you could suggest that the bowlers are far more skilled than the batsmen. If they can score on better pitches I’d be tempted to not touch the bowlers.

I will outline everything.. I just haven’t had the time to write it up. If you want to experiment just start low and bowl and innings. Issue is you have to bowl so much to get a good solid idea!!

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Getting seriously 'vexed' over the amount of crashes this game suffers from!!!!

moutoshi

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Anyone facing Gloves issue while changing to pattern 2 or 3 what ever it always shows the pattern 1. Any solution ?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is there any noise about this tailender balancing stuff that goes on at Big Ant, or any way around it?

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Who has the best reskilled teams to download?

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Anyone facing Gloves issue while changing to pattern 2 or 3 what ever it always shows the pattern 1. Any solution ?
I've noticed that you always end up with dark blue gloves.Ive put a comment on the bugs page.I first noticed it in career but it seems to happen on any customizable player.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I generally put a positive spin on this game. Having played around with custom difficulties, I’m getting a lot closer to Test matches been ‘lifelike’ whilst already enjoying white ball cricket but…

After this many patches, to suddenly have batsmen wandering out of their crease after playing a shot or starting another run despite no input from me and getting run out is bloody annoying! I mean, I can quickly switch the PS4 off but it’s a bugger when I’ve already scored runs in that over. I don’t mind getting out… but not like that!

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I find that there is a lot more wrong in career mode than any other play modes. Things like the fielders walking on quicksand, overthrows, AI super batsmen and fielders. For now I am only playing the Play Now and Competition modes.

Users who are viewing this thread