Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
I just played a T20 world championship match in C19 with rain interruption midway in the match. After I had bowled and restricted SA for a Subpar target in 19 overs which looked like a walk in the park, the reduced overs DL target chase in 12 overs still made it more interesting.

Not really complaining unless entire games are washed out, which is pointless.
Totally agree with complete games being washed out particularly in T20. However, is this a true assimilation of the sport then most of the early County Championship games would be affected but that would be daft.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Right it’s actually messed up, I’m surprised to see that no one has pointed this out but AI shot force has changed. Since the ball don’t go anywhere, their last resort is to smash the ball every over.

Not sure if increasing the run rate would improve the ground shots. It’s currently looking messed up and taking the immersion away.

@MattW - is the BA team aware of this and fine tuning it further?

There's been some obvious & some not so obvious behind the scenes changes to certain sliders, timings, shot timings, etc. in this last patch & it's not entirely clear that they were actually intentional (again).

I completely wiped my C22 a few hours after this most recent patch due to so many ongoing problems & noticed after looking through following this latest patch that there were several changes to some very long term defaults, (they'd been the same for years & for good reason). Also noticed that even though everything was 100% fresh, some values are set at some really odd numbers, but if you then highlight them & click the relevant button to revert them to their defaults they change again even though they were technically already at their defaults with a 100% fresh install. (Don't ask me what on earth is going on there but not exactly surprised.) Some of these values that seem to have double settings throws certain things off even more. I suspect the changes to the timings is a part of it as many are now essentially mis-timing frequently & will be for some time unless the defaults are reverted or anyone who's played previously will have to completely rewire the timings in their heads they've been used to for so long, especially for online play where there's no option to change the local sliders, or for those that may still elect to play both C19 & C22 where the timings had always been the same until this last patch. But, other areas such as the shot force may also be affected by this sudden change.

Until a patch or so ago, even though the default hard bowling ball marker timing was always set to 21, as another example, it was still out & was triggering far, far too late regardless of the slider value itself. (The slider timing was ineffective & didn't match an actual hard coded timing.) They've since fixed that & the timing is now correct but if it's this easy to mess a sliders hard coding regardless of the actual slider value we see, then it wouldn't be hard to unfortunately mess with any other timings, numbers, values, & so on, that can affect shot force etc. All of a sudden, everything is out of sync or out of whack to what you're used to.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Haven't touched the game in a long while now, what's the crack how is the game now?

Just seems like more problems from reading the posts but would like to know how the test/odi vs AI fair now compared to release. I left off with striker timing and run rate both on 20 and was getting good games out of the AI when they were batting

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Haven't touched the game in a long while now, what's the crack how is the game now?

Just seems like more problems from reading the posts but would like to know how the test/odi vs AI fair now compared to release. I left off with striker timing and run rate both on 20 and was getting good games out of the AI when they were batting
If you haven't touched the game in a while then why don't you give it ago now, I feel you'd be in the best position to inform us on any improvements or if it has actually got worse. So say you played at least six patches ago there must be a difference now.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
R.e. rain, I think we should only have it if it is done properly. As a video game designer, every time you take something out of the control of the players, it's a huge risk. Rain is very much "in God's hands", and in games in the past the user felt like there was no control because it would just come and go randomly and you kind of had no idea it was coming.

Rain in real life actually does give some control to the player. Do I declare early because rain is coming? How does that affect my run rate? Does this affect my strategy of blocking out for a draw? All of this could be in a video game but only if the player had a clear idea what was going on. Weather radars, commentators talking about it, proper forecasts that weren't just a google weather thing.

That all sounds like a lot of work, because, well it is. I don't think it's the most important thing either. So overall I'd rather just not have rain than some half-arsed implementation. I'd also probably rather have smarter batting and bowling AI than a proper implementation, at this time.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
@MattW are the wicketkeepers being looked at? Especially against spinners they dont react to edges at all. Sometimes happens with fast bowlers as well

also, is the field placement being looked at? I think quite a lot of work is needed in that regards. Not only do the AI sometimes keep changing fields 3-4 times in an over without much logic but in general the field placements are pretty poor atm. Like when left arm fast bowler to right arm batter and viceversa (for some reason they keep bowling legstump to straight line which is another major problem), i keep flicking the ball to leg side for easy runs and the AI rarely changes to relevant fields. This is just one example

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

I'm not bothering at the moment either.

Honestly, I'd advise now waiting until they at least fix these broken back foot shots if nothing else.

While the entire cover drive/lofted drive mechanics were busted a lot of us simply carried on playing purely for the sake of it to experience the new game we'd been looking forward to & ultimately to get out money's worth. (Not to mention getting more & more frustrated & annoyed in the process though.). However, with such a fundamental shot mechanic being broken yet again it completely changes how we essentially play the game as we're losing several shots in one glitch that we then end up trying to work around, using others, or just putting up with a glitched shot that goes straight to a fielder every time anyway. It doesn't really get much worse as the busted cover drive also highlighted for some weeks.

This may be acceptable if one is a goldfish but it significantly limits stroke play & the overall experience which just robs a lot of the fun, especially when added to many of the other existing issues too.

I'd carry on as you are & wait TBH!! The main issue there, however, based on time taken to fix previous basic mechanics is how long will that wait be??

D

Deleted member 185125

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
With the latest patch I’ve observed that the AI ground shots have lost power and doesn’t travel much, hence they are left with one slog every over to compensate. This is for the ODI’s

For tests it’s even bad - They don’t slog on lower run rates and given the ground shots aren’t travelling much, they are stuck with a score of 70/5 in 41 overs.

anyone else?
I Can Vouch For That Pal . Same With Me today 45/2 from 33 overs just singles twos and maybe the odd boundry .

There Was no Attacking from them . still bowled loads of maidens though . Might After put run rate up and reskill the players Again .
might be wrong though But It feels like it to me.
Post automatically merged:

I think bigant have been messing around with the sliders though,because I had run rate slider at 17 and it was fine,now they only score at about 1.7 an over,so i've had to up it.Matt said they were trying to slow down run rate,so I suppose they would turn down shot force.
Yes It Was Same For Me Mate.

andrew56

Club Captain
When batting I do off drives or on drives I sometimes have bowler jumping unrealistic to catch me, I can understand if it was leading edge.
Has anyone else had trouble with boundary catches and jumping over the rope.
I have found that that the ball files of the bat and the outfield doesn't matter
There should be types of outfielder slow,med and fast

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
When batting I do off drives or on drives I sometimes have bowler jumping unrealistic to catch me, I can understand if it was leading edge.
Has anyone else had trouble with boundary catches and jumping over the rope.
I have found that that the ball files of the bat and the outfield doesn't matter
There should be types of outfielder slow,med and fast
Yes the bowlers of there own bowling re ridiculous like superman been caught a lot like that and the inside edges fly square ridiculously like a bullet to the Rope

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
I'm really disliking this horrible back foot slog drive from the AI,seems to have crept in with the last patch.
Not noticed it during a test match,but just played a t20 and there was loads of them.Reminds me of that horrible get out of jail shot they played off spinners in 19.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

With a mix of sliders and reskilled players I am finding it very good except still moments of the fielding. Like today had the AI go aerial where I had a man on the boundary - he ran in and then suddenly stopped so the ball dropped a metre in front of him. Frustrating. But otherwise I’m deep into my 3rd test match in a row with different teams and conditions and they’ve all been pretty good.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Just played first match (PS4) since latest patch, well, first session of a Test. I’m batting first and game is much more real.

Firstly, it rained (Visibly) for first few overs but we played on. It’s cloudy with sun around and the light seems to switch between three shades which, if those clouds keep keeping out the sun then not doing so, is reasonably dynamic.

I’m on Custom Difficulty, not a million miles away from hard. One or two tweaks either way but batting made harder, bowling easier I guess. I lost a couple of wickets with increased difficulty having an effect but they were me getting out as such. I steadied things with a fifty partnership. Lots of threes meanwhile timing of the ball, chances of boundary clearly lower. Not Arcade cricket, much more challenging but still didn’t feel like I would edge defensive shots (Ie still slight lack of threat). I did however edge a slightly wide attempt at a drive that was caught at slip. It was probably my most satisfying moment in Cricket 22 yet, even though it was me getting out! It felt incredibly real, losing wickets, grafting partnership, starting to score easier, push outside off and caught at slip. Even the replay that came up from behind the slip fielder was spot on.

I finished about 120-4 at lunch with a nice contrast partnership going of one player scoring freely and one bedding in. Been good mix of RHB/LHB facing R/L bowlers and scoring/not scoring. SLO bowled good line with field setting not allowing regular easy get out shot to, (think it’s fine leg, behind square on leg side). Bowling line contributed to my scoring being all around the wicket, no leg side glance dominance.

Not sure what this means for shorter formats as batting is definitely Test match vibe. Played some lovely shots, had to work a bit harder and leave ball more, scoring runs more rewarding, good AI lines and field placing. Hugely encouraging… even if I ran a four that was only given as a three!

Users who are viewing this thread