Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sounds like progress was made with today's update?
To-buy-or-not-to-buy.jpg

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Sounds like progress was made with today's update?

Thus far it would seem so, yes. I've seen fielders diving to try (and fail) to stop a ball and also AI batsmen stealing singles so far after an hours play.

EDIT: I take some of that back, fielders are diving around like Jack Grealish on an ice rink in slippers.

Last edited:

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So this is how it ended up..

After increasing striker timing from 40 to 50, I expected things might improve a bit, but not to be.

Only Smith tried to hang on for dear life, only for me to bring Ashwin and scrap him off in his first over.

Even though the tail did actually wag, especially the Immortal 9th wkt partnership, I didn't feel as if things were out of control.
Cummins was leaving well, Starc was cashing in on any possible opportunity and Lyon was just having fun playing and missing.

Overall, not a bad first match post patch although I'd have liked some fightback.

Attachments

• Screenshot (148).png
    Screenshot (148).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot (149).png
    Screenshot (149).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot (150).png
    Screenshot (150).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 45

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I’m on PS4 and no sign of the new patch but anyway…

The AI seem to have sent out a nightwatchman after losing their fifth wicket only an over or two into the final session! I only realised when I looked at the scorecard at the end of the day but they’ve promoted the scheduled number nine ahead of seven and eight. This is in their first innings batting second. I know that this did happen in previous games but this one is taken to the extreme! Whether or not the plummeting of their run rate is related to his obligation as nightwatchmen is probably…unlikely/coincidental. He’s 18 from 82!

Abcd9994

Club Captain
I think this issue is there to stay, game breaking ugly late cut shots getting triggered for six, that goes over point lol, game is a joke at times
I hope they fix this issue in the next patch, I really do!

I played the Ashes as Joe Root- batting felt pretty much perfect. Really this was the only issue that stopped my experience from being 10/10, I played 3 innings around ~1.2 hrs

I then started an odi as India vs South Africa and was chasing 172 (simulated the bowling). Everything felt perfect (other than the back foot punch through cover point). But when I lost 3 wickets and started batting as a left hander (Rishabh Pant), I could see that Keshav Maharaj left arm finger spin was bowling very wide lines outside off stump (Shamsi left arm wrist spin looked alright) and then Rabada came back and he too was bowling leg side lines to Rishabh (what would be ideal lines against right hand bat) before i switched off.

So when I was batting right handed, I did not have issues like bowler bowling wide or too straight etc, also I felt that the front foot lofted shots straight and through off side work okay, didn't feel overpowered.

Apart from Cameron Green action, all other pace bowling actions that I faced had a follow through and I could play and score off straight drives.

Great patch this- things are getting fixed, graphics just looked like they have had an overhaul- and the sunlight reflection off player's skin especially forehead etc .. awesome

ap936

School Cricketer
Hello Everyone,
I recently bought and started playing cricket 22 in PS4. But when i went to download teams from community it just freezes my screen and nothing happens.

I will be thankful if anyone can help me regarding the same.

Thanks in advance

abbas486

School Cricketer
Ps5 patch 2 feb patch.
No sliders, settings.
New test match, no stadium crowd sound, not even when hitting a boundary.
Bat, ball, running in sound ok. But feels like playing in the park, dead silence.

Users who are viewing this thread