Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I’ve been playing all day on ps5 and had more overcast games than any other type.

There seems to be a huge discrepancy in what different people are seeing. I read most of these posts and I must be playing a different game. I’m sitting at home in Covid iso and playing hours of this but a lot of peoples experiences aren’t anything like what I’m seeing. It’s bizarre.

Platform differences alone are enough to cause all sorts of bugs on one that may present entirely differently or not at all on others dude ;)!!!

PS next gen vs legacy, vs Xbox next gen vs legacy, vs PC. Unless you have a copy for every platform & you're still managing to somehow out hours into each every day, then yeh, there may well be discrepancies to what you see vs others. (Worth remembering ;).)

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@MattW , thanks for the extra visibility once again after another patch & helping to provide some additional clarification :)!!

Like others I can certainly appreciate some of the new updates (such as the return of the quick hide for the score HUD as an example). I can certainly understand why they were a lower priority especially with certain other issues outstanding so things like that can definitely wait.

Otherwise, can you please give some transparency on this infuriating broken shot issue that so many continue to find unacceptable? (Back foot square drive to the back foot late cut animation glitch off fast bowlers, & the plain broken lofted back foot late cut (through or over the backward point region & around to the third man region) off spin bowlers that won't ever get above head height.)

Inexplicably, they've been left unresolved for yet another week at a minimum, so that'll now be at least 5 weeks with another group of shots broken as with the broken cover drive issues dragging on for a painful 5 weeks too.

Batting & shot making is obviously a fundamental part of cricket that undoubtedly ranks as one of the most important aspects, especially in a cricket sim/game. (Not that I need to tell you that personally but someone at BA seems to have significant trouble understanding this & that any broken shot needs fixing with the absolute highest priority as it is ultimately game breaking. (It doesn't matter that it's not actually causing the game to crash etc.)

A cricket game with broken shots is akin to a golf game where the devs put in all the other clubs but couldn't be bothered to code in a tee driver, or a flight sim where you can aviate in every direction except to make any right turns, or a Formula One sim where they simply left the rear wing off the cars entirely so driving at high speed is impossible.

It all completely defeats the purpose as long as the end user is left to simply make do with broken or missing fundamentals. I'm not alone in issues like this making the game unplayable & just not bothering with it as it just robs any enjoyment back out again. (Especially for extended periods with complete radio silence.)

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Platform differences alone are enough to cause all sorts of bugs on one that may present entirely differently or not at all on others dude ;)!!!

PS next gen vs legacy, vs Xbox next gen vs legacy, vs PC. Unless you have a copy for every platform & you're still managing to somehow out hours into each every day, then yeh, there may well be discrepancies to what you see vs others. (Worth remembering ;).)
Rowdoss said what he did as they're both on PS5. Although of course there could be factors giving them different experiences.

Rowdoss

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned

Pretty sure I’ve been beating that drum constantly.
My comment you’re referencing was directly related to a fellow ps5 user.
But I defer to and respect anyone that rivals the writing out put of Stephen King with your rollicking tales of woe being published thrice daily on here..

cricboi

Club Captain
I've really enjoyed the game as of late and had some truly fantastic tests. Hate to keep on asking the same question but has anyone had success in making batting for lefties harder? No matter what I do (increase bowl quality, create leg side fields, re-skill, etc.) it is still far too easy to milk leg side runs. It's literally the only thing holding back the longer form batting for me so hoping someone has a solution. (Actually, I do have a temporary solution, which is not playing lefties; however, there are some very cool lefthanders I'd love to play with one day)

Other than that, my next challenge is re-downloading teams so I can play T20 tournaments without undoing so much re-skilling. Has anyone tried this?

Last edited:

dudsyyy

School Cricketer
is anybody else using "Hard" bowling on Ps5. I cannot get the release to stop in "IDEAL". Feels like a bug, but wonder if others can confirm?
Ive gone into the nets to try this out to make sure it isnt just my bad timing. On medium bowling you can stop it in the "IDEAL".

If you lower the sliders it works until "10 above" hard and then when you press the closest you can get is top of "good", when you press within the "Ideal" zone, the press just doesnt register and you get a "weak" result.

I am on PS5 and have all the patches. This just seems broken to me. Note: this is on releasing the ball.

Last edited:

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I am having a very weird problem on ps5.
In community creations I am not able to download only south africa and sri lanka international team.
whenever i search for SA or SL team by any user and download it, the game freezes after the download is done and bcoz of it I have to restart the game and then the the downloaded team is gone.
its happening only for SA and SL which is even more surprising

Mr Snrub

International Coach
There is no point in bowling in this game I think. Second edge goes down in 3 overs in the same fashion. @MattW Could you guys do a hotfix on this because it is really annoying.
View attachment 262957
This was a post I was unsure about, as I'd had two games with good experiences (NZ vs Australia - Australia AI) and then a 2 player game with my wife (NZ vs Ireland). Other than a couple of keeping fumbles here and there which seemed odd and two dropped nicks, it was generally fine. Today I played (Netherlands vs Scotland - Scotland AI) and not long after my spinner took the second wicket, things started to go this way.

The keeper was dropping things left right and centre. The AI batsmen, once they'd begun nicking the ball, they'd do it every 2nd-3rd ball and the keeper was catching about one in four. I probably got 7 nicks over 4 overs and the keeper caught two and the rest were dropped by him or first slip. He also fumbled and dropped a couple that just came through without nicks.

It really seems that the game is caught in no man's land between an automated catch and giving you the catching mini game, but isn't slowing enough post nick to decide which to do. Anyhow these were limited overs matches and I'm just backing up the quoted poster. This does seem bad enough to deserve a quick fix as the fumbling and drops did happen in the earlier games, but not as much as today's.

One other thing, fielders tapping back are now at times forgetting to go back to the ball (acting for a while like they had support) and the throw in buttons won't respond at times, needing multiple of re-presses.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Yup this happens (as I said earlier) way too often, like 4 out of 5 balls in an over once.

What I feel is that the transition is too quick and not enough time is being given for player to react and sometimes it doesn't ask for input at all.

Since I play tests all the time, I don't mind it but those who play Limited overs may not be so lenient about missing so many catches.
My keeper put 2 down in a session, and one went down at slip off a spinner for me tonight.

For all 3, the catch mini game was up for less than half a second, if that, and at a funny angle through a player's body as well

I try to have fairly hard fielding settings so the mini game isn't so easy it's automatic, but this still feels too fast to me. Like, I barely have time to see it flash up, let alone line things up.

I don't mind dropped catches, and all 3 were dives. I think the one off the spinner would have been a worldy, so I don't mind that coming out, but I'd like to think my keeper could have pouched at least one, his fielding attributes are nearly full.

Anyone know a solution for this, bar turning all the fielding stats down? I don't really want to do that if I can help it as any catch in the ring or outfield will then become so easy I could give my 8 year old the pad and tell her to do it.

As an aside, I am having a blast with this game. Just been bowling a load of overs and engrossed in trying to get some 4th innings wickets. Before I knew it, nearly 1am. Got work in the morning as well haha

Keep up the good work @MattW!

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This was a post I was unsure about, as I'd had two games with good experiences (NZ vs Australia - Australia AI) and then a 2 player game with my wife (NZ vs Ireland). Other than a couple of keeping fumbles here and there which seemed odd and two dropped nicks, it was generally fine. Today I played (Netherlands vs Scotland - Scotland AI) and not long after my spinner took the second wicket, things started to go this way.

The keeper was dropping things left right and centre. The AI batsmen, once they'd begun nicking the ball, they'd do it every 2nd-3rd ball and the keeper was catching about one in four. I probably got 7 nicks over 4 overs and the keeper caught two and the rest were dropped by him or first slip. He also fumbled and dropped a couple that just came through without nicks.

It really seems that the game is caught in no man's land between an automated catch and giving you the catching mini game, but isn't slowing enough post nick to decide which to do. Anyhow these were limited overs matches and I'm just backing up the quoted poster. This does seem bad enough to deserve a quick fix as the fumbling and drops did happen in the earlier games, but not as much as today's.

One other thing, fielders tapping back are now at times forgetting to go back to the ball (acting for a while like they had support) and the throw in buttons won't respond at times, needing multiple of re-presses.
I personally think they have gone a few steps backwards in terms of fielding after the latest patch. Overthrows are more than usual after the latest patch. Although they haven’t cost many runs for me. Like @Mr Snrub said the fielder takes a while to throw back the ball after tapping it back from the boundary. I think the solution for wicketkeeper thing is to take out the first slip. After I removed the slips, my wicketkeeper was catching everything.

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Had a fair play of C22 last night. Few quick takeaways:
- Really liked the lighting updates, a few shadow issues in the morning (really dark and a bit too much of a green tint on players), but apart from that really good.
- Lighting in the academy, not a fan. Just keep it clear and simple. (Side note, can BA reduce the movement of models, gets annoying when the player looks all over the place every five seconds when trying to model.)
- Batting animations seem smoothed out (career mode, I use batting style 5, seems smoother.)
- Batting in career mode seems a lot easier these days. I set it to hardest and with custom AI but still seems too easy to score.
- Bowling is still a chore against over aggressive AI in FC/Test Matches. Even with custom AI sliders, run rate at 18 (when simming they're fine, but always attack my bowling - career mode.)
- Fielding - haven't seen any of this reported diving about yet, so can't make a opinion on it.
- Generic players in licenced teams still don't have the ability to be linked/un-linked. And yes @MattW, I'll keep harping on about this until its brought back or until someone can actually give an answer.
- Academy seems more stable, still some nagging issues (I can't be bothered doing tickets anymore).
- MCG still has blue seats.
- I still like The Smashing Pumpkins.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I’ve been playing all day on ps5 and had more overcast games than any other type.

There seems to be a huge discrepancy in what different people are seeing. I read most of these posts and I must be playing a different game. I’m sitting at home in Covid iso and playing hours of this but a lot of peoples experiences aren’t anything like what I’m seeing. It’s bizarre.

Pretty sure I’ve been beating that drum constantly.
My comment you’re referencing was directly related to a fellow ps5 user.
But I defer to and respect anyone that rivals the writing out put of Stephen King with your rollicking tales of woe being published thrice daily on here..
Rowdoss said what he did as they're both on PS5. Although of course there could be factors giving them different experiences.

You (he) did actually say "different people" in the original comment which is what I was responding to, & meant no disrespect by it at all I might add. (Clearly, adding regular smiling emoticons everywhere ( :) ;) ) to replies specifically to let others in a conversation know that a post is actually made with good intent & in good humour still isn't sufficient for some & immediately assume it's some sort of unprovoked personal attack, (case in point).

I was merely pointing out a matter of fact from the comment originally posted :)!! (Had you specified you were actually seeing very different issues to "another PS5 user" I would of course have said absolutely nada.)

While I have certainly enjoyed much of Stephen King's collection over the years, that's one hell of an output even when one is taking the piss or firing back with a response that just wasn't required to begin with. Hemingway would have been more appropriate anyway :).

Users who are viewing this thread