Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
In a test for 5 consecutive overs I bowled 5 dot balls and experimented in each over of delivering something completely unplayable for the last ball e.g. bouncer that's too high, something too wide or both, or even the delivery that for the previous 5 balls was deemed too difficult to score off.

Every. Single. Time. The batsmen found a way. Even hooking something that if they left probably would've given them 4 byes over the keepers head.

One ball I even put every single fielder on the offside and bowled very wide. They just went over the top.

It really is game breaking. I understand that the whole AI thing is probably the most difficult to program in for BA but it's far too scripted. Same as wickets, the game decides if a wicket will be taken rather than your bowling quality.

Again I understand its difficult to put in as we would simply bowl good length/back of a length on off stump swinging away 9/10 times knowing that in real life that's a surefire way of taking wickets nicking off but there needs to be some balance there as it just feels too random at the moment. The AI know what will and won't hit the stumps and leave accordingly which defeats the whole object of bowling classic line and length.

If we were to break down the game at its basic level in quarters you have, bowling right handed, bowling left handed, batting right handed and batting left handed.

I would argue that only batting right handed is working to an acceptable level at the moment. So therefore in my eyes 75% of the actual game of cricket being played out is broken.
What I don't understand is why the AI has gone backwards. There was a little of this in DB17 and Ashes but you could beat the AI 'last ball 4' with good bowling. Now it's so scripted it's ridiculous.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
@MattW ...That last ball boundary while bowling is breking all the realism of the game..no matter what i bowl..they play for boundary..A reason alone enough to keep me away from bowling,,..pls look in to it ...
I've just played a test match and the AI batted for 146 overs.

I had 41 maidens though.

It's how you set the game up, not so much how you bowl, so there is hope my friend.
Post automatically merged:

In a test for 5 consecutive overs I bowled 5 dot balls and experimented in each over of delivering something completely unplayable for the last ball e.g. bouncer that's too high, something too wide or both, or even the delivery that for the previous 5 balls was deemed too difficult to score off.

Every. Single. Time. The batsmen found a way. Even hooking something that if they left probably would've given them 4 byes over the keepers head.

One ball I even put every single fielder on the offside and bowled very wide. They just went over the top.

It really is game breaking. I understand that the whole AI thing is probably the most difficult to program in for BA but it's far too scripted. Same as wickets, the game decides if a wicket will be taken rather than your bowling quality.

Again I understand its difficult to put in as we would simply bowl good length/back of a length on off stump swinging away 9/10 times knowing that in real life that's a surefire way of taking wickets nicking off but there needs to be some balance there as it just feels too random at the moment. The AI know what will and won't hit the stumps and leave accordingly which defeats the whole object of bowling classic line and length.

If we were to break down the game at its basic level in quarters you have, bowling right handed, bowling left handed, batting right handed and batting left handed.

I would argue that only batting right handed is working to an acceptable level at the moment. So therefore in my eyes 75% of the actual game of cricket being played out is broken.
I'll group this one into the response as well

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW ...That last ball boundary while bowling is breking all the realism of the game..no matter what i bowl..they play for boundary..A reason alone enough to keep me away from bowling,,..pls look in to it ...
If ITS Test match no odi not played them.

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
. overs Interested in your experience playing tests. I've had the AI bat first in 5 or 6 tests - in every game they went to around 60/5 before batting for 120 overs and making around 300. Every single time. Would be interested in how the AI in your games has been batting!
i Can Comfirm yes .playing against west indies and they were 105/5 then all out for 337 .
they were both reskilled teams 154 overs it took .

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I've just played a test match and the AI batted for 146 overs.

I had 41 maidens though.

It's how you set the game up, not so much how you bowl, so there is hope my friend.

I'll group this one into the response as well
Same Here Rumple 43 really enjoyed it with your sliders west indies were All out for 337.

must have been at least 50 plus maidens not complaining though.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
It's quite embarrassing for BA that aside from graphical improvement there's no huge advancement there. This game is littered with errors and bugs that weren't even in the old Brian Lara games over 20 years ago.

I genuinely feel sorry for @MattW as he is the face of BA and has to come on here and face the music when deep down he is probably quite embarrassed by this product and its subsequent so-called 'fixes' and as a cricket fan is surely as frustrated as the rest of us.
This post is a bit over the top really. If you compare what this current cricket game has to achieve compared to cricket games from 20 years+ ago, there are obviously hundreds of factors and details more going on in this game. The attempt to bring more realistic physics is a very complex one for starters, the various camera angles, the variety of deliveries, the range of shots, the edges, the stadiums, custom stadiums, players, logos, customisable game physics and difficulties, downloadable creations from others, customisable match types and lengths. The list could seriously go on for a while.

All this within pretty close to the most complex sport to turn into a video game that there is, which has three different official versions (t20, odi, test) and nowadays women's versions of all three. The rules of cricket down to tiny details like the width or height of a wide or what constitutes a no ball are many and then you have to have all three key areas batting, bowling and fielding all working together properly. Does Fifa have as much to worry about detail wise? Does it have the same budget?

Have some perspective. Yes, given how many versions they've released the start has been poor and disappointing, but they are improving the game and to say they should be personally embarrassed to a level where their staff coming on here should be thought to feel that, is to me a step too far.

These are the only people on this planet making an in-depth version of the sport I assume you love.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I've adjusted sliders and still get the 5th/6th ball runs. It's not always necessarily a boundary but they will definitely score off it.

I'm interested as to which sliders anybody has used to stop this happening though. If anyone could share I'd greatly appreciate it as it certainly takes a lot of fun out of bowling.
Try reducing the striker timing to 20.

cricboi

Club Captain
Interested in your experience playing tests. I've had the AI bat first in 5 or 6 tests - in every game they went to around 60/5 before batting for 120 overs and making around 300. Every single time. Would be interested in how the AI in your games has been batting!
I've had pretty varied experiences bowling but in England I typically get the AI for between 180-260. I've had the expeirence where I get them 60/5 and then they stay around for 100 more overs but for the most part I get them all out in under 90 overs. This could me just imagining it but I find that in each test I come to rely on different ways of getting wickets. That said, the most frequent result is me getting them 2/50 with pace, 3/100 after one AI goes green, 4/130 after said AI gets out slogging, followed by 3-4 wickets taken with spin. Then with the tail they either stick around for way too long going at <2 per over or I get a few quick ones wrap it up.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I'm at the end of a test but I don't want to start a new one until the keeper issue is fixed.

In the last 2 sessions of my game, I had 7 edges off pace or spin and the keeper dropped all of them because of the mega fast mini game. I did get one, but that's because 1st slip caught it after it bounced out of the keeper's gloves.

After the 4th, I switched from my custom fielding slider setting to easiest through the in game menu, and it made no difference.

Shame, as they'd have been really lovely wickets otherwise!

Guess it's raise a ticket and wait until Wednesday, or start a new game and rig it so I'm batting first, idk.

Mark1961

School Cricketer
Cricket 22 - My latest thoughts on the game .... There are a few annoying things in this game. The frustrating thing is its close to being a really good cricket game, and thats not an easy thing to achieve. 1) Training & Stats - No real instructions how these work, my Control setting started on 36 & after one season was down to 19 , and that was after training ?. 2) Career Mode - This is the part of the game I play, too long winded to play whole games, so I play as just my player, which I think a lot would do. Three things I dont like. 1) I can be bowling really well, have a team in trouble, I am then taken off, never get back on, and lose the game. Example: they were chasing 264 in a 50 over match, I had bowled 4 overs 1-11 had them 70-4 got taken off, never bowled again. 2) When you finish batting or bowling your overs it simulates the game so quickly, would be nice to slow it down, you literally just see the result. 3) You win something and get no celebrations, you might get a screen saying you came first, thats it. Overall - Like the game a lot, just feels like it needed fine tuning and tested a little bit more before release.

wav

School Cricketer
What I don't understand is why the AI has gone backwards. There was a little of this in DB17 and Ashes but you could beat the AI 'last ball 4' with good bowling. Now it's so scripted it's ridiculous.
Exactly right. The AI has gone backwards not forwards. It used to be quite realistic. They'd leave good balls, score off bad balls. Not leave 5 balls then MUST score however possible off last ball. Shouldn't need to tinker with sliders to try and alleviate this a bit. They should just bat normal. It's a similar thing now with bowling. Doesn't matter if you get ideal input and a great ball or whether it's poor input and a rubbish ball. Both have equal chance of getting a wicket.

AI realism is the most important thing for a cricket game and it's gone backwards.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I'm at the end of a test but I don't want to start a new one until the keeper issue is fixed.

In the last 2 sessions of my game, I had 7 edges off pace or spin and the keeper dropped all of them because of the mega fast mini game. I did get one, but that's because 1st slip caught it after it bounced out of the keeper's gloves.

After the 4th, I switched from my custom fielding slider setting to easiest through the in game menu, and it made no difference.

Shame, as they'd have been really lovely wickets otherwise!

Guess it's raise a ticket and wait until Wednesday, or start a new game and rig it so I'm batting first, idk.
You could try setting it to completely automatic. I have had an ODI yesterday where the keeper dropped just one catch. But there were no edges of the spinner though. I think the keeper reacts better when the first slip is absent. Not quite sure if this will work in test matches.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Cricket 22 - My latest thoughts on the game .... There are a few annoying things in this game. The frustrating thing is its close to being a really good cricket game, and thats not an easy thing to achieve. 1) Training & Stats - No real instructions how these work, my Control setting started on 36 & after one season was down to 19 , and that was after training ?. 2) Career Mode - This is the part of the game I play, too long winded to play whole games, so I play as just my player, which I think a lot would do. Three things I dont like. 1) I can be bowling really well, have a team in trouble, I am then taken off, never get back on, and lose the game. Example: they were chasing 264 in a 50 over match, I had bowled 4 overs 1-11 had them 70-4 got taken off, never bowled again. 2) When you finish batting or bowling your overs it simulates the game so quickly, would be nice to slow it down, you literally just see the result. 3) You win something and get no celebrations, you might get a screen saying you came first, thats it. Overall - Like the game a lot, just feels like it needed fine tuning and tested a little bit more before release.
Disable the Auto skip to career player. It will help you to simulate at your pace.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
AI Need improvement , There need proper plan execution from AI to make score , every time hitting 6 per is not a game of cricket , need more variety of shot execution , every layer plays shot differently according to skill set , example some player skills for sweep some for pull shot . But Here AI seems like robot no planning and execution result bore for bowling to. AI hits Six on 6th bowl over . wickets falling still no trying to play careful and hitting six is no good way .

Users who are viewing this thread