Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

cricboi

Club Captain
Feel like the fielding has decreased in polish since the last patch. I've noticed its near impossible to tap the ball back to keep it in play on the boundary (triangle on ps4), even on very normal ground shots. I've also found that the ball routinely strikes the keeper rather than him catching it on returns. As others have said, the mini game to make a catch also sometimes doesn't load and I routinely get an edge that pops very high in the air only for no one to run to it or trigger a catch.
I'm still enjoying the batting in tests and ODIs, and the bowling is fun too, but working hard for a wicket only for a strange drop to happen can be a bit frustrating.

Lastly, has anyone found any progress yet in AI field settings. (especially those for left handers)? unsure if this is still being looked into or if people have found solutions.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
This is a vent. How do you expect us to play this game when situations like the below happens? 4 th innings of a test match between India and bangaldesh. See what is the last wicket partnership. If you want AI to win in final innings at least script it in a way it's believable.
That does indeed suck and shouldn't happen, but I can assure you the simulation code doesn't care about which team is winning - it doesn't know which team is controlled by which player. I think it's fair to say at times chasing teams are overpowered - to some extent this is reflecting in code what happens in real life - you know the target you have been set, so it's easier to pace your innings. That obviously doesn't explain a crazy last wicket stand like that, but that's the core of what triggers stuff like that.

I'll look in to if there's things possible, AI tuning remains an area of a lot of focus, and simulation is part of that.

@MattW - tagging you if it could help anyways.
Could you clarify this one a bit,

"4. Keepers and slip fielders don’t have the time window to respond to min game catches - absolutely broken and still not addressed for last 3 patches - what has gone wrong here, manual fielding doesn’t work anymore"

I don't think I've seen another post about this before, so more info would be helpful to pass on, beyond just generally looking into manual fielding.

I've noticed its near impossible to tap the ball back to keep it in play on the boundary (triangle on ps4), even on very normal ground shots.
Was a specific issue here that will be addressed in tomorrow's patch.

wav

School Cricketer
@MattW ,

This is a vent. How do you expect us to play this game when situations like the below happens? 4 th innings of a test match between India and bangaldesh. See what is the last wicket partnership. If you want AI to win in final innings at least script it in a way it's believable.
View attachment 263656
They'd chase 800 on this game. They bat better the later in the game it is. Big Ant need to tell the real world cricketers the secrets to batting in the 4th innings.

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That does indeed suck and shouldn't happen, but I can assure you the simulation code doesn't care about which team is winning - it doesn't know which team is controlled by which player. I think it's fair to say at times chasing teams are overpowered - to some extent this is reflecting in code what happens in real life - you know the target you have been set, so it's easier to pace your innings. That obviously doesn't explain a crazy last wicket stand like that, but that's the core of what triggers stuff like that.

I'll look in to if there's things possible, AI tuning remains an area of a lot of focus, and simulation is part of that.

"4. Keepers and slip fielders don’t have the time window to respond to min game catches - absolutely broken and still not addressed for last 3 patches - what has gone wrong here, manual fielding doesn’t work anymore"

I don't think I've seen another post about this before, so more info would be helpful to pass on, beyond just generally looking into manual fielding.

Was a specific issue here that will be addressed in tomorrow's patch.
i also tried once since i always have used automatic fielding since forever from PS1 cricket days. the catching mini game just comes in a flash in which its impossible to trigger the key in right time or given time , but it was fine in earlier patches , as i gave it a go in initial stage of game, this is from my experience. Although the person who said this will elaborate more , i hope this will give a glimpse of issue.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
@MattW can we have gameplay AI sliders affecting the simulated matches scores in career mode too? If we increase the wicket chances slider then there will be more wickets in career mode all formats?
Or we can have career mode AI sliders like , runs scores probability , wickets fall probability , teams overall skill factor probability to influence the scores in simulation for specific format?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW can we have gameplay AI sliders affecting the simulated matches scores in career mode too? If we increase the wicket chances slider then there will be more wickets in career mode all formats?
Or we can have career mode AI sliders like , runs scores probability , wickets fall probability , teams overall skill factor probability to influence the scores in simulation for specific format?
That's a lot harder than what you're suggesting. Not having a dig at BA, but I don't think their simulation code is robust enough for that.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain

That's a lot harder than what you're suggesting. Not having a dig at BA, but I don't think their simulation code is robust enough for that.
Wickets falling in career mode T20 format is horrendously low and it doesn't take in to account for anything like pitch condition , players quality or anything , most of the time you will see a score of 193/2 chased by other team 195/3 , that just not believable and we should have the ability to tinker it to our own liking.

Currently I feel like the code is consist of this

TEAM A Score :Randbetween(160-220)
TEAM A Wickets fallen : Randbetween(0-5)

TEAM B Score : Randbetween(170-220)
TEAM B Wickets :Randbetween(1-6)

And then it just distrubute the runs and wickets based on the randomized probability taking in to account of players skills (the higher the skill the higher the chance it will get more share from the runs and wickets.

I have actually designed a simple program for cricket simulation and it looks like BAS also did the same.

caprikaps

Club Captain

on semi assisted/manual fields - the mini games for catches to keeper and the slip fielders is unreal. The response window is super quick and we hardly get a time to react, hence end up dropping all the catches. This has been raised on this forum on various occasions in the past in case if you have missed it. Happy to explain more if required.

I'll also request others on this forum to add if they would like to.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
on semi assisted/manual fields - the mini games for catches to keeper and the slip fielders is unreal. The response window is super quick and we hardly get a time to react, hence end up dropping all the catches. This has been raised on this forum on various occasions in the past in case if you have missed it. Happy to explain more if required.

I'll also request others on this forum to add if they would like to.
What caprikaps is saying here does happen often. Particularly in Broadcast views on PS5 for me.

Unless it's one that pops up into the air, I seldom have a standard nick-to-keeper that displays a catching circle with a normal amount of time to take the catch. I understand that you might have less time, because of the relatively close distance, but quite often we're talking less than half a second for some of them. Some are genuinely impossible.

Also there are many nicks, auto-taken by the keeper where the camera suddenly is almost out of the keepers viewpoint looking at the ground. You just have to appeal, but the viewpoint looks ridiculous.

My situation is on semi-auto fielding, PS5.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
So this is on semi-auto - and I am using an internal thing to force edges every ball to get more catch chances - this is what I get for the catching.

View attachment catching.mp4

Can someone post what they are getting? Maybe some thin edges might be different or something, so not all cases, etc.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
So this is on semi-auto - and I am using an internal thing to force edges every ball to get more catch chances - this is what I get for the catching.

View attachment 263680

Can someone post what they are getting? Maybe some thin edges might be different or something, so not all cases, etc.
Is the late cut bug resolved in tomorrow's patch, can we finally play square cuts and cuts without getting late cut animation triggering??, That is the most awaited, it's stopping ppl to pick up the game,looks horrible, AI aspects etc can be tuned later @MattW

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans

Wickets falling in career mode T20 format is horrendously low and it doesn't take in to account for anything like pitch condition , players quality or anything , most of the time you will see a score of 193/2 chased by other team 195/3 , that just not believable and we should have the ability to tinker it to our own liking.

Currently I feel like the code is consist of this

TEAM A Score :Randbetween(160-220)
TEAM A Wickets fallen : Randbetween(0-5)

TEAM B Score : Randbetween(170-220)
TEAM B Wickets :Randbetween(1-6)

And then it just distrubute the runs and wickets based on the randomized probability taking in to account of players skills (the higher the skill the higher the chance it will get more share from the runs and wickets.

I have actually designed a simple program for cricket simulation and it looks like BAS also did the same.
I totally agree on this with t20s. If you look at the tournament stats number 4,5 and 6 wouldn't collectively face as many number of balls as much as one of the openers.

The other thing is no matter how many straight drives I hit to boundary AI will still keep the short mid on and short mid off. Many such things have to be iron out if this game has to have a balanced gameplay.

caprikaps

Club Captain

View attachment 263680

I don't have the access to my PS5 for a couple of days but you can refer to this post from Rumple as well:

dudsyyy

School Cricketer
Has the release timing been fixed for PS5 yet? I've not been able to use hard difficulty for over two weeks. Totally broken.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Yes, apologies @MattW, I want to say I may have an example or two saved as part of clips I grabbed for other stuff, but I'm away from my PS4 for a week. Happy to look as soon as I can next get on tho
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 263680

How that clip looks is spot on, but I don't feel like I've seen that from the keeper or slips for a few releases now. It's just been blink and you miss it mini games.

Users who are viewing this thread