Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Thanks for the response @MattW , I've raised this earlier. Sorry for the repetition.
It's just an area that we don't want to try a "quick fix" that might have a lot of flow ons, as obviously if it gets it wrong there can be some fairly big exploits. Tentatively it's scheduled for next week - just want to get more gameplay hours into the planned resolution for things like field placement by the AI, their bowling approaches, etc.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Any ideas on when the patch will drop? I don't like starting a match during a patch release

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The support team would need to collect your save data to investigate further. Some cases if you can't access the server may be related to your internet provider, but obviously shouldn't be crashing.

If you have an existing ticket, let me know the number and I'll get that escallated.

Every patch will have gameplay and non-gameplay elements to it - different people work on different things. I can keep saying this to every post that complains about things other than gameplay being worked on, or to each "little timmy" post you want to make, but it'll keep being the same answer.

I'd like to actually know what you mean on "normal bowling" because I really have not seen many if any posts with issues about bowling, other than difficulty. Fielding and batting continue to patch after patch have work done on them, with a lot on batting in this week, and a few important fielding changes.
Thanks Mattw for keep updating us, yes from bowling i am referring same difficulty stuff that's why mentioned normal.

Regarding Batting, can you please comment that why dev team break the things after even fixed it like till previous patch many things were working normal but again they touched batting shots logic etc. that caused it broken?

Same goes with fielding as whose idea is to dive in inner circle causing boundary if that can be fielded as normal along with catch coming to fielder and AI forgot to catch? Plus throw came to keeper or fielder and after touching his body u can easily take another single. These features were not present couple of patch before.

Other than above basic elements, i haven't discussed other important elements like AI field placement, AI batting script like boundary on every specific ball of over with default settings or AI wide balls/extras etc.

For little timmy, it looks priorities are different because in ideal scenario, gameplay must be top focused and after fixing gameplay then u can work on non gameplay elements like fireworks, color options etc. If one cannot play the game what he will do with non gameplay stuff.

Just requesting to please ask BA dev team to fix gameplay first so game can be playable. Thanks

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Would be interesting if people gave context when they say batting is too easy.I am finding it much more difficult on like for like settings compared to c19.i play with the sticks and face the ball as you would when actually playing cricket as opposed to the TV view.
I play as you do but play on HARD batting difficuty (default no slider changes) and am finding it easier than C19, i have the timing bar off and no pitch marker

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
For little timmy, it looks priorities are different because in ideal scenario, gameplay must be top focused and after fixing gameplay then u can work on non gameplay elements like fireworks, color options etc. If one cannot play the game what he will do with non gameplay stuff.
Seems like I do need to repeat it... Different people work on different things. The art team isn't going to work on gameplay fixes, that's not their job, that's not what they are good at. Fireworks and colour options are part of that. We're not going to hold back non-gameplay improvements and fixes to try and arbitrarily make something a "gameplay only" patch.

Just saying "fix gameplay first" doesn't have a grounding in the reality of a development studio of different staff that have their own areas of focus. The people who work on gameplay are working on gameplay, they've made progress - which you will see in the patches as they roll out.

Same goes with fielding as whose idea is to dive in inner circle causing boundary if that can be fielded as normal along with catch coming to fielder and AI forgot to catch? Plus throw came to keeper or fielder and after touching his body u can easily take another single. These features were not present couple of patch before.
The dive doesn't cause the boundary. The fielder was always going to miss the ball, the addition was animating them trying and failing to make it look more natural of a miss than simply not moving as would have happened previously.

There are cases where you'd expect that a fielder should have gotten to the ball, but that's unrelated to the added attempted fields. Wicketkeeper should be better in this week's patch - I'm not suggesting perfect - but improved and work continues.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great Barrier Reef stadium? Defo need to check that out lol.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Don't know why but I was expecting to be playing above coral reefs and turtles lol.

View attachment 263732 View attachment 263733
I think this was Great Barrier Reef ground during the WBBL, so my expectations are high/unrealistic for the sunsets

general-view-during-the-womens-big-bash-league-match-between-the-picture-id1353025788

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think this was Great Barrier Reef ground during the WBBL, so my expectations are high/unrealistic for the sunsets

general-view-during-the-womens-big-bash-league-match-between-the-picture-id1353025788
Still would like some turtles just laying about. Make it so @MattW

Users who are viewing this thread