Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Anyone use Pro Cam when bowling? I've just given the new patch a go and what used to be an excellent smooth experience is now motion-sickness inducing. I haven't tried this with pace bowling but bowling legspin in career mode it is a lot more twitchy than I remember it. Also noticed that the chasing score isn't updating in the fourth innings in the HUD.

My game in general is jerky as hell!

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
@MattW here you go if this would help in quick resolution before the next patch. FIRST 2 clips are on semi automated field and third is on fully automated

1st ball

2nd ball

3rd ball

Whats even more frustrating is the AI dismissals, if you drop a catch once, the AI would continue eding back to back balls before it gets dismissed. This has been so obvious since day 1 and surprisingly was never worked upon. This obvious scripting makes you quit the game and call it a day.

can we get both the issues resolved? FYI - these clips were recorded today after the latest patch on Ps5
Top work recording these, pretty exactly the sort of thing I've been experiencing.

Hopefully @MattW can use this to pinpoint the problem, especially since this is from the latest patch.

FaizanN

Club Captain
Guys I am playing on PS4 and my profile data has been corrupted second time and it’s really making me angry…any fix for this?

Last edited:

azkhan

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
This happened to me a few weeks ago and it got fixed by BA. File a ticket with them and they will write you back within a few days asking for your username (Psn ID for me) and then they will request to download your data. Once they do that they can work on fixing it. To give you an idea, the entire process was resolved for me in less than 72 hours but I guess it depends on how busy they are.
Thanks for that information. I, too, cannot load my tour match after the new patch, lol I was actually doing quite well in the match as well.

Noticed the custom stadiums vanished and renamed N/A after the latest patch. Lucky I only have a few custom stadiums, had to delete and re-add them to a team to fix it. Seems ok now.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW here you go if this would help in quick resolution before the next patch. FIRST 2 clips are on semi automated field and third is on fully automated
What difficulty are you playing on - just so I can try and fully replicate that?

---

To cover off a few of the common things seen so far,

- If you're having career or tour progression issues, contacting support is the only thing I can offer there, so that we can get your save file and work out what is going wrong in your case, but it is being looked into right now with some saves we've already received.
- Those cases of catches not being registered - will look into those.
- Found the issue relating to the bowling timing on harder difficulties, will keep people updated about a resolution.

Last edited:

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
The exact same thing happened to me with the same shot. Its an issue with a bouncer when u sorto cut it to slips they dont appeal

I had this happen tonight when I was bowling/fielding but it was off a spinner. Took a perfectly legitimate slip catch but the game just moved on without the wicket registering. (PS4).

azkhan

Associate Captain
@MattW

Noticed that the World championships team selection screen has changed. Looking good and a step in the right direction. The problem that is still present is for the T20 Championship, if you don’t change the teams, group A & B will be unchanged and never randomised. If you change the teams, then the groups do change, but it's not 100% how it’s been calculated to form the groups. Again, not easy to customise the groups.

I noticed that the teams are in a column when selecting them and if unchanged they form the original Groups. The Top 6, teams 1-6, is group A and the bottom 6, teams 7-12, is Group B. My suggestion is that you could lock the first 6 teams to Group A and the last 6 teams to Group B, so when you change any teams in the first 6 columns that will form Group A. For Group B any teams you change in the last 6 columns will form Group B, that way you don’t need to worry about randomising the groups as we will be able to choose Groups A and B ourselves. Sorry if I am going on a bit or if it sounds a bit confusing, but I wanted to pass on my thinking. Again, appreciate the work and improvements being made :thumbs Thanks.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW Will the game force you to update if auto updates is disabled on Steam?
All steam games require updates before you can launch them - disabling auto updates just means it won't update until you try and play it.

If you change the teams, then the groups do change, but it's not 100% how it’s been calculated to form the groups
Right now that will be doing standard swaps, so swapping a group A/B team will replace their same position. I will find out if there's a way to make that clearer - but as it's based on a fixture it's deliberately not randomised to ensure that by default it plays out as expected.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's too bad. So we can just hope that future patches don't break gameplay again. :noway

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But wont it force you to update the game as soon as you launch it?
on PS5 the beauty is, we can play without updating the game ever. On Xbox we can't play without updating.
Post automatically merged:

Anyone finding it really dark when cloudy?

I'm playing day nighter in Aus and it's very dark at 2pm.. Also temp is only 12 c which seems a bit odd
Not odd, overcast weather should be like that. You put summer then we can get sunny and shadows.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
- If you're having career or tour progression issues, contacting support is the only thing I can offer there, so that we can get your save file and work out what is going wrong in your case, but it is being looked into right now with some saves we've already received.
Just an update on this one - there are some cases where there won't be any way to progress for the moment - but if you are pre-match, selecting a different stadium before the match will allow you to play it. This has been reproduced and we're holding back the Xbox update to get that resolution in to it, and will be doing updates for Steam and PS4/5 shortly with a resolution to that, as well as the issues with how custom grounds are showing.

Apologies for the inconvenience here.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Anyone else noticed that in career mode the AI team selection is pretty questionable?

India vs NZ test series in India - NZ has 5 seam bowlers

India vs SA test series in SA - India has 3 spinners in the XI

Guess the game is looking at the best players available from the squad than considering pitch and conditions.

caprikaps

Club Captain
What difficulty are you playing on - just so I can try and fully replicate that?

---

To cover off a few of the common things seen so far,

- Those cases of catches not being registered - will look into those.
- Found the issue relating to the bowling timing on harder difficulties, will keep people updated about a resolution.
Medium for fielding but I’ve tried changing it to easy but nothing changes, it is still as bad.

Users who are viewing this thread