Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
This has been happening to me since I've been playing (1 month or so). In around 10 tests, the AI batters leave, on average, 1 ball every 10 overs.

Ok interesting. That definitely wasn’t the case before. but as I haven’t played for about a month it makes sense that I’m only seeing it now..

@Rumple43 when did you notice it change mate?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Ok interesting. That definitely wasn’t the case before. but as I haven’t played for about a month it makes sense that I’m only seeing it now..

@Rumple43 when did you notice it change mate?
Honestly couldn't tell you when, but I have certainly noted it. The AI will pretty much regulate it's scoring by hitting 90% of balls at fielders for zero, then mix in the odd boundary and the odd wicket.

Keeps the lads in the field busy, if nothing else. They've paid their subs, after all....

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Honestly couldn't tell you when, but I have certainly noted it. The AI will pretty much regulate it's scoring by hitting 90% of balls at fielders for zero, then mix in the odd boundary and the odd wicket.

Keeps the lads in the field busy, if nothing else. They're paid their subs, after all....

I could at the begining or pre christmas get the AI leaving at will!

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I was watching someone's stream, he was playing on semi-automatic fielding.
The wk dropped at least 15 catches within a few overs of a T20 match.
What's going on here? It seems like the AI isn't improving and we are getting new bugs with every patch. @MattW

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
In terms of the AI not leaving or blocking. It was 3 weeks ago I really noticed it after the latest patch then the AI just smack needless shots mainly just to fielder for no runs Hopefully it can be reversed if enough people mention it I played 2 tests last night and the AI was leaving and blocking but not nearly as much as they should

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There is a thing in Batting with Pro controls, I don't know how to term it so let's just say it as 'half-defense'

Basically we have to press R2 for defense, but while batting particularly against pace, we decide to defend balls according to merit of ball & sometimes we press R2 pretty late, not holding it down completely too.

On such instances, the batter neither plays a proper defense (as he should) nor a normal shot, its an in-between kind of defensive shot which gives unnecessary edges and puts off the experience.

So, if we could just make it so that pressing R2 always plays a defense shot irrespective of how late/how much pressure is inputted by the user, it'd be good for us especially those who are using amped up max pace.

To replicate this is pretty easy, just press r2 like half way & try playing and you'll get what I'm telling about.

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
In terms of the AI not leaving or blocking. It was 3 weeks ago I really noticed it after the latest patch then the AI just smack needless shots mainly just to fielder for no runs Hopefully it can be reversed if enough people mention it I played 2 tests last night and the AI was leaving and blocking but not nearly as much as they should

Yeah agree… it’s random.. and they can go a while without even playing a leave would you agree?

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can Anyone tell me please when i download teams i get the players but uniforms are white and numbers on.

But no logos on or sponcers . thanks ian

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Yeah agree… it’s random.. and they can go a while without even playing a leave would you agree?
Its been like this since as long as I can remember, I think I saw Matt mention somewhere that they are yet to do any significant changes to AI behavior, but they have their focus set on, so hopefully next patch brings some good stuff..

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Its been like this since as long as I can remember, I think I saw Matt mention somewhere that they are yet to do any significant changes to AI behavior, but they have their focus set on, so hopefully next patch brings some good stuff..
Prior to Christmas I could get them to leave the ball at will in an area outside off.

The frequent hitting the ball to fielders nearly every ball is certainly new post Christmas!

Hester

County Cricketer
I posted a week or so ago that I'd been playing with the AI run rate at 0 and the AI would leave or block every ball. At run rate at 1 or 2, they try to hammer the F out of the ball every single time but it would generally go straight to a fielder. However, I think C19 had this problem too as I remember posting about it a year or so ago.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Prior to Christmas I could get them to leave the ball at will in an area outside off.

The frequent hitting the ball to fielders nearly every ball is certainly new post Christmas!
Well in that case, welcome to 2022 :lol

Users who are viewing this thread