Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Champions,

I have a question on game settings/ sliders and a very important one at that wondering if anyone here can help me out:

Q: Cricket leather ball is hard, when it hits the cricket bat or is pitched it creates a heavier or a thud sound upon impact however Cricket 22 ball seems too light/ softish/ tennis ballish on impact on the bat. The sound of ball hitting the bat is one of the beauties of cricket and has to be experienced in a game too for its realism. I read here on one of the posts that decreasing ball bounce adds weight to the ball and makes it feel heavier on impact to the bat, I tried the setting (currently at 35) whilst it helped a bit but the ball still doesn't feel as hard as it should on impact, feels quite spongy/ soft when it pitches and on impact. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem before n have a solution for it?

Thanks in advace for helping me out
Please raise genuine ticket regarding Ball weight. I also feeling the ball seems to be like light weighted tennis ball.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Matt I am still not able to share any teams on ps5
This is likely something you'll need to work out with the Support team as they'll be able to collect and check your academy data as to what isn't uploading. I've passed your post on though in case there's enough to go off there.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
In my opinion...
  • Players batting (power and footwork) and bowling (swing, seem or spin etc) ratings need to get boosted or get a hit around 10% to 20% based on pitch type and wether conditions... Currently, I can't feel any major difference in bad or good pitch...
  • Ideal timing need to be rare occurrence... Currently, in hardest settings too, I can easily time a ball in ideal... It need to be too rare, atleast in hard and hardest settings...
  • Need a recent lineup and stats option (overall and current in a tournament) in a tournaments...
  • Currently Swing happens only when ball pass the bat, ball need to swing before it come close to the bat...

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
No patch this Wednesday as it’s fortnight patching
yes i know actually i said bcoz matt only appears on tues/wed for 1 or 2 comments, he also knows that game this time still far from good enough (in terms of basic batting bowling fielding & AI) after 4 months even but cant accept. One example Ross on other started saying d*** to mods due to frustration.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Playing a test and bowling with spinners is broken.
They get so many silly wickets. Like the AI always collapses to spinners. Spinners are so OP.
I have reduced the flight. I don't use the flight modifier. I have stopped having close in fielders. I have increased the spin difficulty to 75.
Still I keep getting wickets by spinners. And all of those stupid bat pads. Even without close in fielders the wicket keeper comes forward and catches them.
This is absolutely ridiculous. With spinners I can literally get the whole team out in about 25 to 30 overs.
What to do???
Post automatically merged:

Mate what are your bowling settings?

Thats true challenging AI by BigAnt this time …hahaha

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Anyone please mention current PS5 version of the game

Last edited:

USA

County Cricketer
It's not too late. You have rights as a consumer. At the very least, Microsoft need to hear about Bigant making a game that turns off Xbox's.
Yes, I will be reaching out to Microsoft and let them know.

I am so fed up with this game that it may be the last cricket game I will ever purchase. Given that Big Ant is the only one that is making cricket games. There are no other choices.

I have bought every cricket game that there has been. Including all Big Ant ones. This is the worst experience of a cricket game I have ever had. Enough for me to post on this forum where I seldom post.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

I am so fed up with this game that it may be the last cricket game I will ever purchase. Given that Big Ant is the only one that is making cricket games. There are no other choices.

I have bought every cricket game that there has been. Including all Big Ant ones. This is the worst experience of a cricket game I have ever had. Enough for me to post on this forum where I seldom post.
No, it's random, not everyone's console is turning off. My cousin Xbox

It's random and unique to you. My cousin Xbox series s console running the game fine. So it may be your Xbox console fault but not Big Ant's.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

It's random and unique to you. My cousin Xbox series s console running the game fine. So it may be your Xbox console fault but not Big Ant's.
I played on Xbox with my pal Saturday and he’s had no problems at all with it also so maybe the console not the game

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
One thing I noticed the other night was a batsmen coming down the pitch and hitting the ball, they no longer slide then play the shot, the animation has their feet moving down the wicket too now.

USA

County Cricketer

I played on Xbox with my pal Saturday and he’s had no problems at all with it also so maybe the console not the game
Is that Xbox One or Xbox One X? Mine is Xbox One X.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
One thing I noticed the other night was a batsmen coming down the pitch and hitting the ball, they no longer slide then play the shot, the animation has their feet moving down the wicket too now.

I had an absolutely beauty in my test. He had come down the track twice and plonked me over my head for 6. So dropped it a lil shorted he came but played a defensive prod. Lil bat pad and snaffled.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Is it me, or are these deliveries pitching nowhere near the ball marker?

You using custom sliders?

I think it happens when you use your own settings, had this in C19 and now in C22. I don't mind it, makes me concentrate a bit more lol.

Users who are viewing this thread