Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I just bowled 13 overs with Joe Root for........zero wickets.

13 overs, 2 maidens, 0-39.

At Lord's. On a grassy pitch.

I think my Cricket 22 is bust. Either that, or the end of the world is coming.
Try bowling on leg stump line constantly with leg slip and short leg on which they try to flick and often hits the ball onto the pad for it to lob up slightly and catch.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Try bowling on leg stump line constantly with leg slip and short leg on which they try to flick and often hits the ball onto the pad for it to lob up slightly and catch.
Oh, I didn't really want the wickets haha Thanks for the tips tho.

I did take all close catchers out TBF, that helped.

Also, in my second shock of the day, the AI just gave me this.

Right arm over AI bowler to my left handed batter

20220421_230203.jpg

:wow:

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
It's the main reason I write the story I've got in the other thread.

I like to write, so that helps, but I find without my own added layers of story/wider world, just playing games for the sake of it is pretty thin.
Same with me, the ‘campaign’ as I call it, that I started doing, whereby I have played the same series England did from summer 2008 would most likely have been binned if i didn’t create some sort of background to it, something other than just playing the game

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Why would you actively do this?
Good question. For me, I would prefer not to babysit the game where I limit myself to a particular line and fielding positions only. I have no intention to keep bowling on leg stump line but it's something that should be looked at as the chances of wicket dramatically increases. One way to counter this would be batsman moving playing straight or moving leg to play on off (which probably isn't possible given how the footwork works). I have been bowling on that leg stump line to see if sliders changed anything. Even if I bowl on middle and off by only in my mind I will always know I can just get them out by bowling full/good length on leg stump .

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good question. For me, I would prefer not to babysit the game where I limit myself to a particular line and fielding positions only. I have no intention to keep bowling on leg stump line but it's something that should be looked at as the chances of wicket dramatically increases. One way to counter this would be batsman moving playing straight or moving leg to play on off (which probably isn't possible given how the footwork works). I have been bowling on that leg stump line to see if sliders changed anything. Even if I bowl on middle and off by only in my mind I will always know I can just get them out by bowling full/good length on leg stump .
I somewhat agree. I don't like to take advantage of loopholes as well, but bowling to the leg is a defensive strategy that we use when we want to contain the runs and we should not be getting heaps of wickets from it. Similar to the wide yorkers stuff I mentioned earlier that LOI AI can't really play well. As per wasteyouryouth it has been there since cricket 19 too. Not much of a complaint but I hate that I got to know the fact that such exploits exist hehe.

I mean if you are playing Fifa you won't ask the player to not dribble or use their head because AI can't handle it. At this moment this is the only slight issue I have otherwise the game is feeling much much better and am really enjoying especially the batting aspects.

Last edited:

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh, I didn't really want the wickets haha Thanks for the tips tho.

I did take all close catchers out TBF, that helped.

Also, in my second shock of the day, the AI just gave me this.

Right arm over AI bowler to my left handed batter

View attachment 266389

:wow:
@MattW @Rumple43
This is a Bug, AI always Hit on all leg side wide ball, Can you raise this in ticket

Last edited:

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
@MattW are there any plans for online game support? There’s still issues

1) Fielders randomly moving before bowler delivers
2) The bowling pace is not enough in online games
3) Game lags a lot even with hi speed connection
4) Game keeps disconnecting

Please look into it

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW are there any plans for online game support? There’s still issues

1) Fielders randomly moving before bowler delivers
2) The bowling pace is not enough in online games
3) Game lags a lot even with hi speed connection
4) Game keeps disconnecting

Please look into it
The game lag has a lot to do with pings I think. I played on user in Pakistan and the ping was 300+. Can't do much when playing people so far away.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
I have these on 90 and 80 now and it felt weird at first but you definitely have more control over what you are doing I tried it on 95 and 95 but had ball going through bat twice so lowered a touch and hasn’t happened since these along with visual speed are only things I’ve changed in V4 sliders
I have Miss-Input 95-100 depending on how its playing it out and Miss-Skill at 90 always, I feel its better to not have values like 95,95 or 100,100 as it kinda balances it out imo and then those random shots occur frequently.

Our input should have the slight edge over batsman's skill.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I have Miss-Input 95-100 depending on how its playing it out and Miss-Skill at 90 always, I feel its better to not have values like 95,95 or 100,100 as it kinda balances it out imo and then those random shots occur frequently.

Our input should have the slight edge over batsman's skill.
Cheers pal I’ll try the same. I’ve just started an ashes series after only really playing career mode since day 1 and the game feels much smoother than on career mode (might be all in my head) The camera jolting is still there I wish it would stop shaking around when bowling

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
@MattW @Rumple43
This is a Bug, AI always Hit on all leg side wide ball, Can you raise this in ticket
You mean from the Hawkeye I shared? That's how it should be. Every ball pitches around middle and finishes outside the left handers' off stump.

Was a great over to face, wondering if any deliveries would straighten up on me. I played and missed at two of them trying to hit to leg when it was never on.

Users who are viewing this thread