Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Interesting one after the latest patch. The AI will happily just drop the ball at their feet with a defensive shot and sprint a single.

The bowler is completely uninterested in trying to stop it. They amble over, do a slow pick up animation, stand still then throw to the keeper long after the run has been completed. Unless you have a close catcher in short mid-wicket/short cover don't try to come in and stop it either.

The AI has done it to me about 10-15 times now over two sessions. No way to stop it apart from slot a silly mid-off or similar into the set up.

Here are 2 examples:

Not sure if I'm willing to call it a bug. I mean, you can do this IRL, it is possible, but it all feels a bit cheap if my fielders are just going to let it happen without really trying to do anything. If it happened all the time, a close catcher in real cricket would be a must, but isn't. Idk, a bit odd all round.
I've been seeing this since launch so not sure its a patch thing, at least on my end. Perhaps they bumped up the frequency for doing it.

Hester

County Cricketer
Interesting one after the latest patch. The AI will happily just drop the ball at their feet with a defensive shot and sprint a single.

The bowler is completely uninterested in trying to stop it. They amble over, do a slow pick up animation, stand still then throw to the keeper long after the run has been completed. Unless you have a close catcher in short mid-wicket/short cover don't try to come in and stop it either.

The AI has done it to me about 10-15 times now over two sessions. No way to stop it apart from slot a silly mid-off or similar into the set up.

Here are 2 examples:

Not sure if I'm willing to call it a bug. I mean, you can do this IRL, it is possible, but it all feels a bit cheap if my fielders are just going to let it happen without really trying to do anything. If it happened all the time, a close catcher in real cricket would be a must, but isn't. Idk, a bit odd all round.
What is your run rate setting? My guess is that the AI won't do it so much at lower (around 20) settings.
I could also be totally wrong.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I've tried this and can honestly say AI bowling quality on 0 is harder, for me at least.
AI lines seem more consistent and length is more awkward.
No idea what's going on.
Maybe a lot of the sliders settings being put at 0 sets it to exactly how it should be that’s bowl quality and miss input influence that works better with 0 as settings. Has anyone ever tried all the settings on 0 lol ?

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
One thing I’d love to see is whilst batting be able to move around the crease after the ball is bowled freely you see the AI doing it and it looks really good and natural and opens up so much more in terms of shot selection

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Anyone else noticed that outside edges act like inside edges? Watch your replays.
Thats been there since DBC 14.. Lets come back when the next version releases and is still there present with all its shitty glory.. I feel thats the issue for my across angle leading edge issue as well because when its across angle you would see that you always end up getting out off an outside edge by the batsman moving way past towards to legside even when your footwork is straight.. Something is way off but again not an issue many have talked about so not sure whether that would be looked into..

Jake Azazel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Anyone else bothered by how out of place the release points are on some of the bowling actions? Really kicks my OCD hard. Sorry if the video is a bit janky but I wanted to emphasize Neil Wagner's release point, which is way off.

Attachments

• cricket.mp4
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone else bothered by how out of place the release points are on some of the bowling actions? Really kicks my OCD hard. Sorry if the video is a bit janky but I wanted to emphasize Neil Wagner's release point, which is way off.
You shouldn't zoom in then and see the seam angle release as well.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Another interesting slider vid - AI bowl quality on 0

I've tried this and can honestly say AI bowling quality on 0 is harder, for me at least.
AI lines seem more consistent and length is more awkward.
No idea what's going on.
Maybe a lot of the sliders settings being put at 0 sets it to exactly how it should be that’s bowl quality and miss input influence that works better with 0 as settings. Has anyone ever tried all the settings on 0 lol ?

Since release C22 has been plagued with certain fixes, settings and/or sliders actually doing the complete reverse to the intended action or setting. (If you suspect you're possibly seeing this, reverse your settings/sliders to what you actually intended & then see what effect that has. (Obviously, there's no guarantees as it may just simply be broken period, but I've literally lost count of the amount of times I've seen a patch/fix where something ends up working the complete opposite to how it's actually meant to or certain sliders working in complete reverse.))

Read back through this thread or bug reports, you'll find countless complaints of users specifically setting something for effect only to then experience the complete opposite altogether.

BA have applied multiple untested fixes for bugs that have had the complete reverse effect to what was intended too & it's still ongoing (clearly), & you're all surprised lol?. (At one point I had a (long) list of these "reversals" & many had been reported anyway but I just lost all interest in C22 with everything that's happened & especially after multiple game wipes/corrupted data incidents before posting them. (There's only so many times anyone will take that happening regardless of their level of enthusiasm or willingness to help!!))

Otherwise, I've had a little play around with the latest patch (Series X) & while it's ultimately 4 months far too late, C22 is at last finally starting to look like it really should have from the start to be improved from here onwards, & not the farce we've all seen to date.
Finally, they've fixed the insane mistimed bowling release bug too that was allegedly fixed several patches ago yet still users were experiencing & reporting it, but voila, this latest patch finally just fixed it completely out of the blue with no mention of it in the patch notes whatsoever. (So, was it never truly fixed to begin with & instead they decided to BS it'd previously been fixed, or are they still fixing things in the same way they keep breaking them too??? (By accident & without a clue how!) It's no longer the "nails on chalkboard" experience that it was but gees has it been an utter ball ache at times, & in all fairness there is at least finally some enjoyment to be had despite certain ongoing issues still being present that they just refuse to fix despite ongoing & repeated complaints since release.

AnmolJ

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
The release point? Look at the batsman’s head.

They can’t even get the animations right.

Users who are viewing this thread