Cricket 24 - General Discussion

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
This is what it comes down to : is Cricket24 finally going to be the game that lets us replay the 1934 Ashes series but replacing Jardine with Betty Snowball, who we can re-imagine as 9 feet tall, 500kg and sporting a huge wang.

That's what the serious gamers are asking.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I would say it will be delayed again and a apology given by Ross

That’s my guess, the delay probably for another month so they can fix bugs

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would say it will be delayed again and a apology given by Ross

That’s my guess, the delay probably for another month so they can fix bugs
Maybe they are just doing proper testing this time. Maybe Bajo is on leave and not available to record a trailer :laughter::laughter::laughter:

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
i really doubt this game is coming on october 5 ,if it is it will be in terrible state.
Not showing even a single screenshot just 15 days before the release is a sign of a disaster waiting to happen. I am not very hopeful.

Karachi

Associate Captain
i really doubt this game is coming on october 5 ,if it is it will be in terrible state.
Not showing even a single screenshot just 15 days before the release is a sign of a disaster waiting to happen. I am not very hopeful.

BA has put itself in a precarious position. The best time was to have it released during the Ashes this year. They missed out on that. Their second best option is to release it during the CWC, and they opted for the 5th. However, it seems unlikely that they'll make it to the promised date. They may release it on latter date in October but the problem is, no matter which date they intend on releasing the game they'll be up against major AAA releases like the Assassin Creed Mirage, Spider-Man 2, and Alan Wake 2. November isn't looking good either with The Day Before and MW-COD-III releases. I for one will gladly go for these games over BA's cricket.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
BA has put itself in a precarious position. The best time was to have it released during the Ashes this year. They missed out on that. Their second best option is to release it during the CWC, and they opted for the 5th. However, it seems unlikely that they'll make it to the promised date. They may release it on latter date in October but the problem is, no matter which date they intend on releasing the game they'll be up against major AAA releases like the Assassin Creed Mirage, Spider-Man 2, and Alan Wake 2. November isn't looking good either with The Day Before and MW-COD-III releases. I for one will gladly go for these games over BA's cricket.
Yes true it will be delayed for sure. Just like Rugby 24 Ross will check 1 day prior to release with the developers and they will tell him to delay the game

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Don't want to sound harsh but this is just my thoughts. BA don't do a full fledged marketing or advertising, but expect most cricket fans around the globe to buy their game and increase their sales. And amid the competition from other games if they don't get the expected sales they say making cricket game isn't profitable, they are doing it for the love of the game.

If not for the monopoly in cricket gaming, BA wouldn't have lasted this long in this market.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Don't want to sound harsh but this is just my thoughts. BA don't do a full fledged marketing or advertising, but expect most cricket fans around the globe to buy their game and increase their sales. And amid the competition from other games if they don't get the expected sales they say making cricket game isn't profitable, they are doing it for the love of the game.

If not for the monopoly in cricket gaming, BA wouldn't have lasted this long in this market.

The early days when 14 came along you could feel the love and passion. There was a real connect between them and the community and the desire to capture the excitement of the sport was prime time Planet Cricket.

Sadly this place went to the dump and so did the relationship between BA and the community.

Times got hard in the real world and it felt like games were being chucked out rather than the care and attention that came previous.

For what it's worth I think BA are being smashed into the group work wise and quite frankly it's not doable hence the delays and lack of quality.

But people KEEP FORGETTING. This isn't BA it's NACON with the marketing.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Yes true it will be delayed for sure. Just like Rugby 24 Ross will check 1 day prior to release with the developers and they will tell him to delay the game
What delay? It's already delayed for 4 months from June to October. Only brainless people will not release the game in the hype of Cricket world cup that too in India. Cancel the game is better than second time delay after CWC

Karachi

Associate Captain
The early days when 14 came along you could feel the love and passion. There was a real connect between them and the community and the desire to capture the excitement of the sport was prime time Planet Cricket.

Sadly this place went to the dump and so did the relationship between BA and the community.

Times got hard in the real world and it felt like games were being chucked out rather than the care and attention that came previous.

For what it's worth I think BA are being smashed into the group work wise and quite frankly it's not doable hence the delays and lack of quality.

But people KEEP FORGETTING. This isn't BA it's NACON with the marketing.

The developmental responsibilities lay with BA. If their product is not up to the mark of course NACON would not market it or even release it.

This whole thing feels somewhat reminiscent to Trickstar and 505 Games saga on Ashes'13.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
The developmental responsibilities lay with BA. If their product is not up to the mark of course NACON would not market it or even release it.

This whole thing feels somewhat reminiscent to Trickstar and 505 Games saga on Ashes'13.

Does it?

Feels like any other NACON game to me. Minimal marketing. If any.

Users who are viewing this thread