Cricket 24 - General Discussion

cricboi

Club Captain
I'll probably end up buying it this weekend but it's a shame about the fielding.
Any word on if the AI bowlers still don't know how to bowl to left handed batters?

I think one of the reasons people get so upset here is because there are so many good parts of the game that feel spoiled by basic stuff like fielders taking their time to pick up a ball or an easy throw bolting to the boundary. On some level it's worse psychologically when the so-called easy stuff (picking up a ball/throwing) is glitchy because we're accustomed to other games doing that part right.

That said, I remember Cricket 22 being a complete piece of junk for the first 3 months and filing a ticket a day so at this point we should be used to it.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Is that Rohit ?

Boy the TV setup looks damn cool !
Yeh mate managed to download from community makes the whole world seem so much better. and they are just light strips stuck to back of tv only £30 and control from your iPhone called Tapo get from Amazon
Post automatically merged:

I'll probably end up buying it this weekend but it's a shame about the fielding.
Any word on if the AI bowlers still don't know how to bowl to left handed batters?

I think one of the reasons people get so upset here is because there are so many good parts of the game that feel spoiled by basic stuff like fielders taking their time to pick up a ball or an easy throw bolting to the boundary. On some level it's worse psychologically when the so-called easy stuff (picking up a ball/throwing) is glitchy because we're accustomed to other games doing that part right.

That said, I remember Cricket 22 being a complete piece of junk for the first 3 months and filing a ticket a day so at this point we should be used to it.
I had m.Ali lbw from a beauty in swinger from Cummins ball seems to come at you much faster than 22

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

cricboi

Club Captain
Actually I take back what I said after reading some of the reviews in the "Honest Review" thread. If the bowler still wont pick up the ball defended right in front of him then I'm not sure if I'll buy it.
It completely ruins the flow of a test when the AI just defends a ball directly into the wicket and they run for 1 because your bowler is just wandering about. I can't tell you how many tickets I filed about this last year and it's very disheartening to see such a simple mechanic (player picks up the ball) remain broken. Truly makes me wonder what the devs are being assigned to do, as any one who has played the game knows how frustrating this is all too well.
Even more annoying is that this wasn't a problem in Cricket 19 so somehow the fielding is actually getting worse :(

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Actually I take back what I said after reading some of the reviews in the "Honest Review" thread. If the bowler still wont pick up the ball defended right in front of him then I'm not sure if I'll buy it.
It completely ruins the flow of a test when the AI just defends a ball directly into the wicket and they run for 1 because your bowler is just wandering about. I can't tell you how many tickets I filed about this last year and it's very disheartening to see such a simple mechanic (player picks up the ball) remain broken. Truly makes me wonder what the devs are being assigned to do, as any one who has played the game knows how frustrating this is all too well.
Even more annoying is that this wasn't a problem in Cricket 19 so somehow the fielding is actually getting worse :(
I agree the block and run is still there and very frustrating for the good of the game though you have to make yourself not do it unless you need 1 run to win a match with 1 wicket remaining

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I agree the block and run is still there and very frustrating for the good of the game though you have to make yourself not do it unless you need 1 run to win a match with 1 wicket remaining

I find it SO frustrating that this kind of thing isn't fixed. SO much feedback given on it. All through 22.

Has the fielding got any better? They now catch and sometimes stop the ball.

But that isn't an updraft of any sorts it's just what they should be doing.

I'm really struggling to get my head around this. Pages and pages of chat and only positive things people have said are menus , loading times.. and few minor bits.

AJ MODS

National Board President
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
What's the patch about? General stability improvement?
Maybe PS Players brought to issues of steam players.

We all know issues of gameplays and all but if they are so much promoting licensing, what is use of keeping players in Ipl only?
We should play IPL all the time? And they want us to create same licensed players in custom for international, no logic in this I guess. If there is any concern that players are scanned only for IPL, then why rashid,nabi,faf,rabada and all whosoever in international teams are there then in c22 as well. Others may also agree that, It should be changed in upcoming updates, IPL players should be changed so that they can be added in other teams, if not international, then custom atleast.

My first when i saw licensed Rohit, Gill, Hardik and all was to play them together in a custom team. Looks like that wish will be left undelivered.

Users who are viewing this thread