Cricket 24 - General Discussion

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
C
I find it SO frustrating that this kind of thing isn't fixed. SO much feedback given on it. All through 22.

Has the fielding got any better? They now catch and sometimes stop the ball.

But that isn't an updraft of any sorts it's just what they should be doing.

I'm really struggling to get my head around this. Pages and pages of chat and only positive things people have said are menus , loading times.. and few minor bits.
Fielding seems ok and I mean just ok as in everything seems a little bit faster pick up throws etc plus the game I’ve been playing the WK seems pretty switched on attempted stumpings and no 10 second delay giving you time to get home easy on a run like C22 pretty basic what we would expect my only positive thoughts are the state 22 was in and got to an ok point if this is the start hopefully they listen to things and it improves

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I'll try something different:

What was in 22 that annoyed you..

That 24 has now fixed..
▪️facing bowling feels much better pace feels like pace without touching sliders
▪️WK doesn’t dive in front of slips to catch a ball that wasn’t his
▪️fielders don’t stare at the ball like it’s a grenade that might go off before realising it’s ok to pick up
▪️batting feels different bit more fluid and you know if you’ve played a poor shot just feels different

So far
Post automatically merged:

▪️facing bowling feels much better pace feels like pace without touching sliders
▪️WK doesn’t dive in front of slips to catch a ball that wasn’t his
▪️fielders don’t stare at the ball like it’s a grenade that might go off before realising it’s ok to pick up
▪️batting feels different bit more fluid and you know if you’ve played a poor shot just feels different

So far
Oh and a big one for me

▪️batters haven’t been doing the stupid “I’m out motion” before umpire has given a decision

cricboi

Club Captain
I agree the block and run is still there and very frustrating for the good of the game though you have to make yourself not do it unless you need 1 run to win a match with 1 wicket remaining

Yeah when I'm batting I can easily just avoid doing it, just the way I can intentionally not take an extra run on balls hit directly to outfielders but as a bowler it really is quite annoying and having to place someone at silly point just to stop it feels stupid too.
I mentioned this in the Cricket 22 thread but I went back to Cricket 19 when I was travelling and only had my Switch and it was wild to think how much better the bowler was at fielding. It really makes you feel like they don't care about user experience when so many of us took the time to complete tickets and upload gameplay videos all for them to completely ignore it.

You can see from my previous posts earlier in September that I was really ready to buy this game on launch but their inability to fix such an easy thing (THAT WAS FINE IN 2019) really turns me off supporting BA—which is a shame because it's clear they have many people there who want to make a good game.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Is the acadamy smooth?
Only downloaded India and some umpires all went fine tried downloading rehan ahmed but he doesn’t show think it’s because he’s licensed in game also tried replacing all county teams with best replacement but said none found

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's arrived a day early.

386508382_3609805772623239_940813861822414082_n.jpg

Harigoks

County Cricketer
But I don't get one thing. There are seven batting styles and they all have similar shots and animations except the stance. This is very poorly built game. I can't drive the ball but instead I can only attack. This is only when the batsman faces pace bowling. Against spinners looks decent though.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Something that I liked about the game was that Yorkers don't do six now when you time the ball well.

This was also there when C22 launched but they took that out for some reason.
It was same with c22 day one, let few patches come and you will be able to hit sixes also on Yorkers, all the good that you have right now mostly gets traded for new additions improvement they make

sashu_91

County Cricketer
But I don't get one thing. There are seven batting styles and they all have similar shots and animations except the stance. This is very poorly built game. I can't drive the ball but instead I can only attack. This is only when the batsman faces pace bowling. Against spinners looks decent though.
They only added batting style 7 that's it, that is very less for a new world cup game, they always do bare minimum.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
They only added batting style 7 that's it, that is very less for a new world cup game, they always do bare minimum.
I would have been okay with no extra batting style. I don't want to play batting style 7 shots when I have opted for an other batting style. Clearly they haven't made any effort to do anything in this game except license.

Users who are viewing this thread