Cricket 24 - General Discussion

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Does the AI batsman still randomly start slogging balls for no reason? As captain, are we able to choose whether to enforce follow on? Or does it randomly pick an option everytime?
Yes this has been a major problem in the previous iteration as well
That there is no uniqueness or distinction bw players acc. to their attributes
doesnt matter if a batter is conservative/aggressive both will play pretty much the same way
I was baffled to see Anderson(AI) bowling bouncers in just the 2nd over of the innings on a green top
There are no condition specific AI tactics, they just try random stuff

niksopikso

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
What was the purpose of launching it on World Cup Day? Academy will take its time, till the time all teams are in place the charm will be over plus no correct fixtures. I feel they should have launched it with the next IPL window seeing the work left for this game. Would have been perfect and at least justified their licensing brag.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yes this has been a major problem in the previous iteration as well
That there is no uniqueness or distinction bw players acc. to their attributes
doesnt matter if a batter is conservative/aggressive both will play pretty much the same way
I was baffled to see Anderson(AI) bowling bouncers in just the 2nd over of the innings on a green top
There are no condition specific AI tactics, they just try random stuff
“But its a small studio…..”

Sorry for going on and on and being so cynical. Will stop now. Just gets my goat that there is obviously a broader audience who is happy to buy this.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
“But its a small studio…..”

Sorry for going on and on and being so cynical. Will stop now. Just gets my goat that there is obviously a broader audience who is happy to buy this.

I understand it's a small studio - but their earlier versions were generally great games. Every iteration seems to have been worse than the last. It's been 10 years since DB14 and honestly, I don't see anything that I would say is better.

Why advertise stuff and just not do it? BA advertises newly updated Feilding AI - is it genuinely worse (IMO)? You advertise a FIFA-esque Ultimate Team - it's not in the game?

This game is £50!! It's not even a DLC or a £25 game. £50 is just unreasonable.

niksopikso

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I understand it's a small studio - but their earlier versions were generally great games. Every iteration seems to have been worse than the last. It's been 10 years since DB14 and honestly, I don't see anything that I would say is better.

Why advertise stuff and just not do it? BA advertises newly updated Feilding AI - is it genuinely worse (IMO)? You advertise a FIFA-esque Ultimate Team - it's not in the game?

This game is £50!! It's not even a DLC or a £25 game. £50 is just unreasonable.
I think he meant it as sarcasm. "Small Studio" excuse

Users who are viewing this thread