Cricket 24 - General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
And what did they mean by a fully immersive gameplay and did we see any of it in the game?
Fully immersive gameplay - I would expect to mean that your experience leaves you engaged and feeling like you are playing real cricket. As much as that is possible in a video game.

It could be the visuals, the sounds, the gameplay that contribute to the feeling of immersion.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
“But its a small studio…..”

Sorry for going on and on and being so cynical. Will stop now. Just gets my goat that there is obviously a broader audience who is happy to buy this.

They must be the only small gaming studio that prices their products at AAA standards.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anyone finding obvious mentalities in tests? Ben Duckett is striking at 84 IRL according to his stats, amazing. Or is everyone always scoring between 3.6 and 3.8 and over in the game as usual?

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Aye, forty quid on Steam isnae too bad, but it's not worth the outlay yet. I got '22 at launch and as decent as it got it did not start that way and with the missing faces etc and no community stuff just yet it doesn't seem really worth the jump. Remember we couldn't do defensive shots early doors in '22.

Bevab

Staff Member
Gotta be honest, I looked on Steam and there was a WWE game with 50% off that was still more expensive than Cricket 24. Basic edition of new FIFA is £20 more, the ultimate edition is £50 more.

The price differences in the Indian store are 400-500 rupees more for those respective games. Baldur’s Gate is priced at the same rate as Cricket 24, as is Cyberpunk.

I assume it’s the regional pricing effect because Starfield is 2000 rupees more expensive.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
The price differences in the Indian store are 400-500 rupees more for those respective games. Baldur’s Gate is priced at the same rate as Cricket 24, as is Cyberpunk.

I assume it’s the regional pricing effect because Starfield is 2000 rupees more expensive.
The first two about 1000R more, Starfield 2000 - so blame Todd.

thivakar

School Cricketer
I guess I'm going to skip this game as well. I think Im going to purchase AC Mirage instead lol. Been waiting for a good cricket game since forever. Probably the oldest member here.

Bevab

Staff Member
The first two about 1000R more, Starfield 2000 - so blame Todd.

It’s a Microsoft thing I would assume, the new Motorsport game is at the same price.

Not sure where you’re seeing the 1000 difference, EASFC 24 (what a hideous name) is at 3,500 for me and WWE a hundred rupees less. Still feels ridiculously expensive, I remember buying Fifa 13 for 1,500 rupees back when EA still had regional pricing and sold physical disks in India.

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
I must be playing on something different because I’m having an overall positive experience.

In regards to the academy I now have wastes India version all complete I just need to give the players real bats.

Oddly I downloaded wastes Pakistan side , uniforms are all good but the players are generic and come up with the licence symbol on them. Tried multiple times, even if you download a player like Babar separately on the academy he looks realistic and you download that version but as soon as you go to edit players or even go into a game he has reverted back to being bald , beard and generic face.

South Africa download has worked fine also so it’s got to be related to licensing which is going to be extremely annoying if you can’t use any academy downloads of any teams / players that are licensed.

Still can’t apply bats to players either.

I will submit as a ticket also but just stating that so far my only issues with the game have been via the academy.

Playing wise I’ve managed to play a few 20/20s now and some of test match and I’ve gotta say personally I feel like the AI is a lot better, it feels more like real cricket with the way in which they have approached the innings and I’ve noticed that players will actually play to their strengths.

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I guess I'm going to skip this game as well. I think Im going to purchase AC Mirage instead lol. Been waiting for a good cricket game since forever. Probably the oldest member here.
What age are you?

sytrics

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Anyone finding obvious mentalities in tests? Ben Duckett is striking at 84 IRL according to his stats, amazing. Or is everyone always scoring between 3.6 and 3.8 and over in the game as usual?
I tried playing hard difficulty in Ashes and I could smash pretty much 10 per over. Mind you this is without patch on Xbox. I guess batting difficulty needs some tuning. It’s too easy at the moment.
Every ball you drive it goes between the field for a boundary. Plus AI fielding is poor at places.

Timing windows are slightly changed compared to C22

Some gameplay if would like https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1943428273

Mr Snrub

International Coach
All new fielding: a complete overhaul of the fielding systems to provide the most realistic and responsive fielding controls ever seen in a cricket video game.

This winds me up. It isn't REMOTELY any of that
In this circumstance, it's actually safe to say we've been lied to.

cricboi

Club Captain
I'm watching some of the streamers play and the fact that the backwards throw direct hit is still in the game is just embarrassing. The people who made the game play it and have to know it's still in there and yet they don't have the time/budget to take it out? C'mon, it's such a small but stupid glitch and to not even bother fixing it just makes me feel like the quality control is non-existent.

I don't even care that much about it really, and would happily take a bunch of other fielding improvements instead. But the fact that they didn't have the time or desire to fix such a silly little thing is telling.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread