Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer
Having hearing negative rumors also I went went ahead and bought the game. It totally changed my opinion.Was playing in my oled with hdr on its just mind blowing next level great work by big ant and team loved it.
But there are few minor issues needs to be patched.
Bowling was good.
Fielding is just 5 percent better than 22 need more patches not significant what we saw in trailor.
Batting also needs few minor patches there are minor issues with animations. Especially what is felt when you try to loft over point making space still mostly it plays in cover region need to be looked on.
Really impressed sweeps are not that much overpowered like before.

shan111

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They were smashing me. 20/20 game I was the Windies. Butler was smashing Hossein and Rakeem all over the park. Some great sweeps and lofted drives. I did manage to get Bairstow out top edge sweeping Hossein to deep backward square.

I’m playing on medium with a couple of sliders for spin flight and swing turned up a bit.
They were smashing me. 20/20 game I was the Windies. Butler was smashing Hossein and Rakeem all over the park. Some great sweeps and lofted drives. I did manage to get Bairstow out top edge sweeping Hossein to deep backward square.

I’m playing on medium with a couple of sliders for spin flight and swing turned up a bit.
This was my experience playing Ind vs Aus ODI with Veteran AI. Against the pacers it was going nicely. Got Warner caught at fine leg mistiming a lofted shot. Didn't allow Smith to score with offside field and got him LBW with a full, fast inswinger.
I brought Ashwin & Jadeja on around 25th over. They tonked Jadeja around. But against Ashwin they simply fell like a pack of cards. I was bowling stump to stump line and he got 4 wickets in 6 overs with most of the dismissal coming from full balls that AI tried to play across the line but playing down the wrong line.
Same thing happened with Lyon bowling against England on a green pitch. 5 wickets in 15 overs.
I can ignore plenty of bugs. But not this. I guess Slider Tinkering season will be upon us soon, again.

abhishek aggarwal

School Cricketer
Having hearing negative rumors also I went went ahead and bought the game. It totally changed my opinion.Was playing in my oled with hdr on its just mind blowing next level great work by big ant and team loved it.
But there are few minor issues needs to be patched.
Bowling was good.
Fielding is just 5 percent better than 22 need more patches not significant what we saw in trailor.
Batting also needs few minor patches there are minor issues with animations. Especially what is felt when you try to loft over point making space still mostly it plays in cover region need to be looked on.
Really impressed sweeps are not that much overpowered like before.
I agree, when c22 was launched it was in much worse state.
So i have lots of hope that this game has the potential to be great with regular updates.
For me the most irritating thing is same batting styles for every player....

Azamkisran

Club Captain
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I just have some questions before buying seeing the YouTube videos Licensed players are looking good so my questions, 1. All the Cricket 22 academy creations are available there in C24 academy? 2. Can we Download All international teams including Pakistan from academy because it's licensed Do their faces get downloaded from Academy? 3.Style 7 I saw in the video and 3-4 new bowing actions that's it no other new shots or bowling actions for leg spinners and medium? 3. The main question for me is That Data corruption issue is it still there ?

freeshead55

Club Cricketer
Crowd reaction is ZERO. They react randomly. Many times i hear crowd clapping 10 seconds after ball crosses the rope.
Want @MattW to pass this message to Big Ant if he can..
- Crowd should react when ball passes the edge ( They can set crowd noise coding equal to commentary coding, when commentator also react when ball misses the bat)
- When bowler appeal, crowd should also react ( they can set coding with appeal button)
- When ball goes high in the air, crowd should react louder
- When ball just crossed the rope, crowd should react
- Frist ball the match for both innings crowd should react
- When team takes DRS, crowd should react

Also if they can set crowd noice level according to home team and away team that can be a greatest coding if they can...

Next patch surely they can do this..this will lift u p the tempo for playing with whatever gameplay they offer.

avis5256

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Crowd reaction is ZERO. They react randomly. Many times i hear crowd clapping 10 seconds after ball crosses the rope.
Want @MattW to pass this message to Big Ant if he can..
- Crowd should react when ball passes the edge ( They can set crowd noise coding equal to commentary coding, when commentator also react when ball misses the bat)
- When bowler appeal, crowd should also react ( they can set coding with appeal button)
- When ball goes high in the air, crowd should react louder
- When ball just crossed the rope, crowd should react
- Frist ball the match for both innings crowd should react
- When team takes DRS, crowd should react

Also if they can set crowd noice level according to home team and away team that can be a greatest coding if they can...

Next patch surely they can do this..this will lift u p the tempo for playing with whatever gameplay they offer.
Crowd reacts when ball is well stopped and when batsman wants to play a shot but hits the body not even for a jaffa ball.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Playing the devil's advocate, I think the main focus in this version (C24) was to get the licenses (I assume it would be a bulk agreement running for 3-4 years?) to appeal to the casual gamers who would rather have real names and appearance and not worry about downloading things from the community (it's another thing that licenses seem to not have taken full effect for now).

Perhaps once this is covered, the next iteration would be on fixing things that were present in earlier version and/or improvements in other aspects. Just a wild speculation though.

In any case, there's no doubt that the core fanbase here would rightly feel it's unfair to price this as a full game as there doesn't seem to be much difference form the last version. I guess most of us already knew deep within that there wasn't much to be expected given the lack of marketing until the last 2-3 days.

As things stand, I'm likely to give this a miss as well as the price point is too high for me to invest in game just for the sake of licenses. But I sincerely hope things change for me to make a u-turn on this.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sorry was there a patch released on steam? I see different reports from different ppl saying they got a patch.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
So what was it about Mattw and day one patch? The game still looks like C22 in many aspects. Has the patch released for xbox?

BTW currently there are more in-game C22 users playing then C24 on steam , People didn't fall for license BS atleast on the PC arena , dunno about console sales.

Having been disappointed by C24 lack of novelty and new features , It would be a lie if I say I am not having fun with C24 , it's a blast literally from offline to online mode , I am having a great time.

Last edited:

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Can anyone confirm on PS5 if spinners are OP and AI can't play them? Or is it just related to Xbox version?

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A patch was released

Yes. 170+ mb or so but same batting style and same sidestep fielding
Was it today? coz I cant see any on my steam.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ah Cricket 24, the only game where you have three different builds on three different gaming systems with each of them playing out differently and having different bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread