Cricket 24 - General Discussion

has the patch come out on ps5? because i'm currently getting a crash every time i try to create a team in the academy, and hope it's not caused by the patch.

it's 100% the close catchers more than the spin, I think
I haven't gotten the patch on ps5 yet. I am based in USA though.

In C22, I had messed with all sorts of sliders to try and create decent/balanced games for T20, ODI and Test/FC all separate. In the end I found that the best balance was actually by using default (hard/hardest) for all player-controlled stuff, but fiddling with the AI sliders, and physics a teeny-tiny bit, actually seemed to give the best results. I feel like there was already some kind of built in trigger between the different formats, as with the identical controller difficulty sliders (Batting Hardest, Bowling Hard for all formats), test batting was legitimately harder, T20 was much easier to hit boundaries, and ODI was somewhere in between (ODI probably the easiest format as AI could never decide whether to score at 10s or .8s). I definitely noticed differences in the AI bowling "fields" (wouldn't call them plans exactly), and AI batting aggression. In T20s they would charge and loft often, making spinners both likely to get lotsa wickets, but also get pumped, in Tests I don't recall ever seeing a charge, and in ODIs only some batsmen would do it. (Admittedly I had different AI run rate slider for each format), I don't think that was down to mentalities, as they never worked anyways, so it felt like the AI recognised the different formats, and would play accordingly.

Is there this kind of feel in C24? Does there appear to be a difference between formats, without changing too much off the settings?

Something that might reduce the AI's spinner problem. I have set the 'Spinning Difficulty' to 90 and rest of the sliders on default. Basically it is extremely difficult to get Perfect-Perfect delivery now. On a Green/Dusty Day 2 pitch I got 4 wickets in 20 overs. Now, 2 of those were because of superman WK and rest of them were normal dismissals. So basically 2 wickets in 20 overs if I exclude the WK dismissals. Not bad TBH!

Something that might reduce the AI's spinner problem. I have set the 'Spinning Difficulty' to 90 and rest of the sliders on default. Basically it is extremely difficult to get Perfect-Perfect delivery now. On a Green/Dusty Day 2 pitch I got 4 wickets in 20 overs. Now, 2 of those were because of superman WK and rest of them were normal dismissals. So basically 2 wickets in 20 overs if I exclude the WK dismissals. Not bad TBH!
Doesn't help. I have it on 90 too and you saw those videos I posted earlier. Will try some extreme settings later see if it helps.

I have downloaded wasteyouryouth’s international teams and batsman’s bats have no stickers. Am I missing something? I used to do the same in previous games and have never had such an issue

Doesn't help. I have it on 90 too and you saw those videos I posted earlier. Will try some extreme settings later see if it helps.
That's a bummer. Only other option is to make bowling even harder as I don't like tinkering around too much. That or only ODIs.

One of the frustrations I have with this (I haven't bought C24 yet because it was the same in C22), is that we end up with a meta-game of slider tweaking to try to find a setting that will then look plausible when the cricket is initiated. We use the game merely as a way of testing our slider tweaking, which just seems bizarre to me. I know that sliders were requested way back when DBC14 came out but I think they have been a detriment to the game as a whole and can't make it easy for BA to QA either.
I agree with @Dutch that it would be great if BA could rebuild starting with the core gameplay mechanics. I would strip away all of the bloat (Career Mode, sliders, licenses, commentary, cut scenes...even the Academy and Stadium editor) first and add them back in only when the rest worked as intended. For instance, Career Mode is the one mode that I've played the most of over the years and the mode I would potentially want to play more of but it is really poor in its design and implementation as a simulation of a career and the effort to keep this limping along as a 'feature' seems indulgent when the base game doesn't work as intended or advertised.
I am encouraged to see that some patching is happening (delays on XBox nothwithstanding) but I don't think much of this is addressing root cause issues in design.

has the patch come out on ps5? because i'm currently getting a crash every time i try to create a team in the academy, and hope it's not caused by the patch.

it's 100% the close catchers more than the spin, I think
Close catchers are a killer. I stopped having them during 19 and have done ever since. I felt that this way I will at least ‘earn’ my wickets with spin.

Still get the odd annoying one which the keeper takes, but I do find it odd how people are like ‘spin is broke, you get so many wickets, just look at this video’ and then they have silly mid on, silly mid off, short leg etc.

It’s like come on, give it a chance. I even seen a comment the other day about how someone had got 2 bat pad catches in an ODI - why do you have a man in at bat pad in an ODI??

Users who are viewing this thread