Cricket 24 - General Discussion

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Its cool how Dream cricket 24 also got Shoaib Akhtar bowling action and run up.
Wish Big Ant can add more bowling run ups and action.
hope these guys expand and make games for pc and consoles in the future. Maybe big ant should partner with them, i've played cric 22 on android it was pretty fun and it's refreshing to see the fielding compared to big ant cricket fielding.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
It's no word of a lie - if BA included Robin Smith as a C24 player with supersonic shot repertoire, a GN Elite or Ultimate and retro gear, Robin Smith VO for running between the wickets (and the ocassional bit of chat in the field), I would immediately double the maximum amount I would pay for the title.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's no word of a lie - if BA included Robin Smith as a C24 player with supersonic shot repertoire, a GN Elite or Ultimate and retro gear, Robin Smith VO for running between the wickets (and the ocassional bit of chat in the field), I would immediately double the maximum amount I would pay for the title.
I would pay as much for a full retro dlc pack of 70s/80s/90s kit and hair styles as I would the game, easily. And more if they had the players

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
I guess individual player licensing is probably not a possible thing but I don't see any issues with including retro stuff from any company they've got modern gear for.

Still, the idea of themed sets of greats from particular eras is quite appealing. Robin Smith, Dean Jones, Carl Hooper, Jonty Rhodes, Aravinda de Silva, Mohammad Azharuddin, Martin Crowe, Inzamam. Box office players.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
And maybe a retro game mode where defending is key. None of this Bazball shite. You know, like 737 ball 50s are the norm.
Batting is already quite difficult on the hardest settings. I think on DBC14 hardest settings my most BazBall knock was a FC triple century off less than 100 balls with something like 40 sixes. I can't get anywhere near that on C22 hardest batting without exploits.

The key thing is always the relationship between good/bad balls and ease of playing shots. As the current Hundred has demonstrated, the difference between a bowler getting a movement and not getting movement can be the difference between being incredibly difficult to score against and getting carted around the park.

IMO C22 doesn't really model that relationship all that well, so "waiting for the bad ball" sort of batting isn't that rewarding - when the bad ball comes along you're not usually, as far as I can tell, much less likely to get out to it.

moon89

School Cricketer
Wonder if we're about to see more info, if the game is going to the Cricket Content Creators in September.

Screenshot_20230818-075912.png

Users who are viewing this thread