Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
If the player models are gonna look like this then the game is a pass for me. Not going to make the same mistake with what was done with c22.

To me C22 and its predecessors were a let down because the physics always felt effortful, matches and tournaments were not exciting & were anticlimactic, and the fact that beyond the batting pitch area they failed to visually appease. Player models, however, did not look too bad for me. Although, now completely obsolete, it is remarkable what Codemasters did with BLIC'98. It feels like that game lasted a lifetime for me, unlike the BA's cricket iterations which I would exchange within few months for something I felt was a better option. If the C24 is nothing more than a glorified or hyper glorified C22 I might as well turn to forcefully learning and liking baseball just to play MLB the Show'23. Alas! no other major game developer is pursuing cricket games.

Last edited:

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
To me C22 and its predecessors were a let down because the physics always felt effortful, matches and tournaments were not exciting & were anticlimactic, and the fact that beyond the batting pitch area they failed to visually appease. Player models, however, did not look too bad for me. Although, now completely obsolete, it is remarkable what Codemasters did with BLIC'98. It feels like that game lasted a lifetime for me, unlike the BA's cricket iterations which I would exchange within few months for something I felt was a better option. If the C24 is nothing more than a glorified or hyper glorified C22 I might as well turn to forcefully learning and liking baseball just to play MLB the Show'23. Alas! no other major game developer is pursuing cricket games.
Cricket 14 was an absolute revolution in cricket games and the passion and commitment of the developers was very encouraging. That being said the bowling side was somewhat broken in terms of taking wickets. Unfortunately they weren't able to continue the upward trend of revolutionizing aspects of the game and we are left with what we are left with: each iteration promises a lot but is ultimately let down by shoddy craftmansship and an unwillingness to fix aspects that are clearly broken or break things that were clearly working.

I will give the next game a fair go but am not holding my breath.

As an afterthought I see a lot of posts praising Cricket 09 and 10 from Codemasters as a better game than the BA ones. Oh ye of short lived memories. The game was a joke. Fielding was absolutely awful apart from perhaps the catching mechanics and the animations third rate at best. Not to mention it had about as much depth as Britney Spears grasp of quantum mechanics.

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cricket 14 was an absolute revolution in cricket games and the passion and commitment of the developers was very encouraging. That being said the bowling side was somewhat broken in terms of taking wickets. Unfortunately they weren't able to continue the upward trend of revolutionizing aspects of the game and we are left with what we are left with: each iteration promises a lot but is ultimately let down by shoddy craftmansship and an unwillingness to fix aspects that are clearly broken or break things that were clearly working.

As an afterthought I see a lot of posts praising Cricket 09 and 10 from Codemasters as a better game than the BA ones. Oh ye of short lived memories. The game was a joke. Fielding was absolutely awful apart from perhaps the catching mechanics and the animations third rate at best. Not to mention it had about as much depth as Britney Spears grasp of quantum mechanics.
After cricket 14, player physics were not good, even jumber, etc are missing in cricket games.

Afl 23 player models looks good, hope we see like that in cricket 24

Karachi

Associate Captain

TBH, Codemasters lost it after BLIC'98. With Ashes Cricket 09 and Int. Cricket 10 they picked things up visually but failed to deliver on many other aspects. BA too seems to have had their day in the sun with their early efforts (though I was never truly impressed with their work). Thereafter, things have been on a slippery sloop.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
Cricket is a game of vast possibilities and getting it into videogame form is an enormously difficult task. There are a bunch of wonky things about the BA games in various respects but there's also some of the best and most innovative stuff ever in cricket gaming.

The concept of the original batting controls was a huge improvement from previous designs. There are all kinds of details like Bumrah's run up, quirky Steve Smith animations that are functional, not just entirely cosmetic. The commitment to pro cam is a big plus for me personally because that's by far my preferred camera.

The AI bowling for seamers, in terms of what deliveries they're actually trying to bowl, is better than any other cricket videogame I've played.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Agreed with that. I thought the bowling was good and fun in cricket 09/10 but the re-mapping of bowling controls and how we bowl was a great innovation of the BA games.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I put the wrong date on my story and didn't have a cricket 22 logo on my pc this means nothing I am not getting the game early sorry for being stupid
Gutted by this. Genuinely expected one guy playing on Twitch to be the sum total of BA's pre-launch hype for this game.

Users who are viewing this thread