Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Ricky14

County Cricketer
But what IS "The Date"?
Is it the release Date?
Is it the marketing Date?
Is it Ross going out with his wife Date?
Is The Date really The Date?
Does The Date even exists?
What's "A Game"? What about "The Game"?

:facepalm2:

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great that Ross clarifies about release date...

About game promotion etc, i personally don't think they need to release screenshot or trailer one month before release date... Because they don't have any kind competition for cricket games in console or in PC, also by now most of buyers know about BA and there Cricket games, so even they promote and show some glimpse of that games 10 days prior, it works for them i guess...
My opinion on this is that - This marketing strategy is fine if they want to stick to their current or past sales numbers, but if want to increase the sale, they need to advertise and market their products more vigorously. Basically they need to keep the on the limelight in every possible way in a positive way as much as possible so that it flashes on every cricket enthusiasts gamers and increase their sales.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
My opinion on this is that - This marketing strategy is fine if they want to stick to their current or past sales numbers, but if want to increase the sale, they need to advertise and market their products more vigorously. Basically they need to keep the on the limelight in every possible way in a positive way as much as possible so that it flashes on every cricket enthusiasts gamers and increase their sales.
That's why the need to pay me to streak at the Pakistan v India match at the World Cup with 'Cricket 24' written across my backside.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
The lack of hype around this is weird. With less than a month away from release I'd have expected at least a few videos of gameplay.

This makes me think that it'll be any absolute shitshow when it's released and will be months until the patches get it to a playable state.

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
There's every chance there's a exclusivity deal that's been done with the world cup. It might be intertwined with some sort of PR campaign.

Here's me being massively optimistic - they wanted to release in June, game was ready, get World Cup offer and decide to delay......

........actually I'm probably being way to optimistic

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I even doubt game fully ready for Oct 5...
This is standard in the industry and the general way that games are going these days. There's any number of examples from across a range of genres, developers and platforms.

"Release date" is probably outdated as an idea. There's the date that a game is available to the public, yes, but fewer and fewer games are at in a good state when this date is reached. It's certainly not a date to be excited about or look forward to like it once was.

The real "release" date for Cricket 24 should probably be, say, November 5. Release + a month of patches and bug fixes to get the game to a better place. Like it or not, the first few weeks/months of a game's release are just widespread user testing.

As I say, it's not just Cricket 24, or just Big Ant games (looking at you, AFL....), it's a general industry thing. It's also not all games I should add, some do follow a different cycle, but more and more games do seem to be going that way.

Anyone hoping for the future of cricket games on October 5 is going to be disappointed.

You'll prolly still be disappointed in November and December like, but at least you'll have a better chance by that point :sweat:

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Great that Ross clarifies about release date...

About game promotion etc, i personally don't think they need to release screenshot or trailer one month before release date... Because they don't have any kind competition for cricket games in console or in PC, also by now most of buyers know about BA and there Cricket games, so even they promote and show some glimpse of that games 10 days prior, it works for them i guess...
Thats not how you release games mate. Sept/Oct is usually the peak release times for games...NBA 2K, FIFA, etc...you're competing with other games for the $$ that players have...in a time when inflation is rife worldwide. You can't just release a game to the market on day 1 without much fanfare and then wonder why there's very few sales. Its all about marketing to create the hype, to leverage off actual cricket being played (and they just missed a trick with the Ashes all finished now...) otherwise it'll release and noone will know about it. Not everyone goes into the local gaming store. I pretty much buy my stuff online now so if I don't see any 'coming soon' and follow up marketing to make me want to spend it on a 'lesser' game like Cricket 24 vs a AAA game like EA FC, guess where my money is going? Remember no $$ = no future development.

These guys better pull their finger out.

Users who are viewing this thread