Cricket 24 - General Discussion

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Great that Ross clarifies about release date...

About game promotion etc, i personally don't think they need to release screenshot or trailer one month before release date... Because they don't have any kind competition for cricket games in console or in PC, also by now most of buyers know about BA and there Cricket games, so even they promote and show some glimpse of that games 10 days prior, it works for them i guess...
Thats not how you release games mate. Sept/Oct is usually the peak release times for games...NBA 2K, FIFA, etc...you're competing with other games for the $$ that players have...in a time when inflation is rife worldwide. You can't just release a game to the market on day 1 without much fanfare and then wonder why there's very few sales. Its all about marketing to create the hype, to leverage off actual cricket being played (and they just missed a trick with the Ashes all finished now...) otherwise it'll release and noone will know about it. Not everyone goes into the local gaming store. I pretty much buy my stuff online now so if I don't see any 'coming soon' and follow up marketing to make me want to spend it on a 'lesser' game like Cricket 24 vs a AAA game like EA FC, guess where my money is going? Remember no $$ = no future development.

These guys better pull their finger out.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Thats not how you release games mate. Sept/Oct is usually the peak release times for games...NBA 2K, FIFA, etc...you're competing with other games for the $$ that players have...in a time when inflation is rife worldwide. You can't just release a game to the market on day 1 without much fanfare and then wonder why there's very few sales. Its all about marketing to create the hype, to leverage off actual cricket being played (and they just missed a trick with the Ashes all finished now...) otherwise it'll release and noone will know about it. Not everyone goes into the local gaming store. I pretty much buy my stuff online now so if I don't see any 'coming soon' and follow up marketing to make me want to spend it on a 'lesser' game like Cricket 24 vs a AAA game like EA FC, guess where my money is going? Remember no $$ = no future development.

These guys better pull their finger out.
EA FC is football based game and Cricket 24 is Cricket based... if you want to play cricket, Cricket 24 is the only option... and that is there pull...

manan19995

Club Cricketer
EA FC is football based game and Cricket 24 is Cricket based... if you want to play cricket, Cricket 24 is the only option... and that is there pull...
There are older cricket games if one want to satisfy itch to play cricket game. Nobody should buy overpriced "modded cricket 22".
if you have disposable income then that's fine.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
according to past release experience and radio silence indicate one thing, right?
Don't d**k ride bigant.
last title didn't even justify 50% of price tag.
Only game of BigAnt I have played is 19. I don't think I even have 100hours(maybe even 50 hours) on it so I am not here defending anyone.
Just don't make statements you can't back.

MrDependable

County Cricketer
EA stopped making cricket games due to similar reasons. The largest market is the Indian subcontinent, but games can't profit from them because of piracy. The sales in other cricketing countries aren't that much.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Ah.. yet another developer that thinks every pirate is a lost sale even when it’s been proved on multiple occasions that it isn’t the case.

The ‘no PC version’ talk has been a running theme since DBC17… I’ll see it when I believe it. If they do ditch the PC version it’ll result in many of the Academy’s creations becoming worse which may also further affect their sales alongside not being on an entire market.

Bevab

Staff Member

This only works for big annual gaming releases that have cornered a portion of the market with a brand name built on years of releases and also delivering a mostly functional product at release. For all the talk of stagnation, lack of innovation and predatory practices you can throw at NBA, Fifa and even FM… their product ships out in a mostly playable state for their core gaming experience. BA doesn’t meet any of these. Sure I’ll miss out on a cricket game this time around but I’ve got older games that aren’t really worse off than the newest one alongside other big game releases that don’t happen everyday like Starfield. In that scenario Cricket 24 will definitely not be as popular as it could have been.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
May be is this the reason for @BigAntStudios to not advertise or market Cricket 24 as much as it should have by now (less 4 weeks for release). Wondering why no trailer or teaser or screenshot are released till now. Do they think more marketing will lead to more popularity and hence more chances of piracy??

Bevab

Staff Member
May be is this the reason for @BigAntStudios to not advertise or market Cricket 24 as much as it should have by now (less 4 weeks for release). Wondering why no trailer or teaser or screenshot are released till now. Do they think more marketing will lead to more popularity and hence more chances of piracy??

I hope this is sarcastic meta commentary on the “owning the libs” ideology.

Users who are viewing this thread