Cricket 24 - General Discussion

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Haha don't know what they are doing with c24, it's becoming a joke now, it seems they are behind schedule, patching season starting tomorrow with promises to keep everyone happy, they will show batting animations in day one patch that will disappear in flood of patches to come along with loss of good gameplay.

intisar.hasnain

Club Captain
Giving my personal opinions.
People who say 'we should be thankful' has their point, but then they had ample player suggestions and feedbacks to know not to make the same mistakes again and again. Yes FIFA and 2K obviously had more time to fine-tune, but considering the era they started they had to start from step 0. And when BigAnt started there has been exponential improvement to game engines, making it much easier for anyone to enter into the industry straight from step 100. Saying it as a 3d artist myself, simple modifications to player models and adding gameplay animations isn't too big of an ask for their 5th iteration (counting from DBC14).
Pros from the teaser:
- improved overall rendering (contrast, shadows, skin details, ambient occlusion)
- grass blades level of details
- consistent depth of field/camera blur visible in all shots
- Walk in animation for the openers look good, let's see if they include some sort of UI overlay with player stats, in later shots.
- Audience/Crowd looks lovely. If we get proper audio ambience this will be a real good feel.
Cons (might be nit-picking, so you can ignore):
- All these talks of Photogamettry/photo scans of real players, but for the international players like Rohit Sharma (Screenshot 4) they just slapped on the photo scan texture on a base head shape, with no real facial hair, could be because these were included last minute. I hope that's not the case for all the licensed international players.
- Not a fan of stick figures, people might say I have fat fetish, but the player models just straight out look flat and too skinny. But won't affect overall game experience for me though.
- Not a fan of new player coming into the crease, really ugly camera angle, could just be cinematics for the teaser.
- Pyro, fireworks and strobe effects look pre-2010s

Cricket 24 Teaser 0-1 screenshot.png
Cricket 24 Teaser 0-4 screenshot.pngCricket 24 Teaser 0-9 screenshot.png
Cricket 24 Teaser 0-16 screenshot.png

sashu_91

County Cricketer
It's very clear that they don't want us to see the gameplay or the new fielding or anything else. Remember during c22 when the ign guys were playing a 5/10 over game. Mike was asking them to simulate the game and not play it just to show the features. But the hidden thing was they dint want us to see the gameplay.

The street date was broken a week before for c22 and Ross kept telling that day 1 patch isn't there yet. We gave the benefit of doubt. But nothing happened. After spending 4200 rs we were beta testers for a month and then they finally stopped patching after one more month.

If the gameplay or the features were really good any company with sense will boast it with bigger videos to get more reach.
Game looks to be full of bugs tomorrow as per usual, even after taking c22 as a copy.
Post automatically merged:

What about screenshots set 2 now ?
Haha, wait for few hours and swipe your card for same

Kunal Indurkhya

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
What about screenshots set 2 now ?
Game looks to be full of bugs tomorrow as per usual, even after taking c22 as a copy.
Post automatically merged:

Haha, wait for few hours and swipe your card for same
haha! i am not so sure i am going to do the same. No, not for this crap !

hj576

Club Cricketer
Why we have not seen anything from Super Smash, PSL, Pakistan team, and other licensed stadiums? Just a glimpse of Wankhede and a few IPL teams is all we have for now, just feels strange.
So some one commented in a YouTube video and claimed the source was big ant, so take it with a grain of salt.

Anyways, they claimed that Pakistan team scans will be done on Pakistans tour of Australia in December.
So the team will be added after thst.

It does make sense and as i don't really see the big ant team dropping by Pakistan to do thr scans specially when the team will be coming to Australia where they are based

niksopikso

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Actually player model looks really ugly specially with license. All having same model is a waste of licensing the players. Candle figures

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Giving my personal opinions.
People who say 'we should be thankful' has their point, but then they had ample player suggestions and feedbacks to know not to make the same mistakes again and again. Yes FIFA and 2K obviously had more time to fine-tune, but considering the era they started they had to start from step 0. And when BigAnt started there has been exponential improvement to game engines, making it much easier for anyone to enter into the industry straight from step 100. Saying it as a 3d artist myself, simple modifications to player models and adding gameplay animations isn't too big of an ask for their 5th iteration (counting from DBC14).
Pros from the teaser:
- improved overall rendering (contrast, shadows, skin details, ambient occlusion)
- grass blades level of details
- consistent depth of field/camera blur visible in all shots
- Walk in animation for the openers look good, let's see if they include some sort of UI overlay with player stats, in later shots.
- Audience/Crowd looks lovely. If we get proper audio ambience this will be a real good feel.
Cons (might be nit-picking, so you can ignore):
- All these talks of Photogamettry/photo scans of real players, but for the international players like Rohit Sharma (Screenshot 4) they just slapped on the photo scan texture on a base head shape, with no real facial hair, could be because these were included last minute. I hope that's not the case for all the licensed international players.
- Not a fan of stick figures, people might say I have fat fetish, but the player models just straight out look flat and too skinny. But won't affect overall game experience for me though.
- Not a fan of new player coming into the crease, really ugly camera angle, could just be cinematics for the teaser.
- Pyro, fireworks and strobe effects look pre-2010s

View attachment 284366
View attachment 284363View attachment 284364
View attachment 284365
Rohit Sharma looks to have a beard tattoo, can't grow beard in c24, face looks like from a cartoon, bat is also not proper, he is holding a washing bat.

Users who are viewing this thread