Cricket 24 - General Discussion

hadz2567

Club Captain
Has anyone seen anything in the albeit limited gameplay to excite them or that looks that it might justify a new purchase?

Lets keep the rhetoric down a notch. No need to talk of firing and bla bla bla. Be critical if you wish, but keep it cool .
1. The batsmen follows the ball when playing a shot.
2. When cancelling a run, both batters back up properly, dragging their bats back as opposed to ‘teleporting’ back into the crease like in C22.
3. Batters sliding bats before going for second run.
4. New batting animation? The shot by Dawid Malan ?

Small minor differences, i wish we could see a test match between 2 licensed teams, then tweak the sliders and see how the game plays out.

IF and it’s a big IF the game plays as it should in terms of different playing conditions, varied ball bounce/swing etc then it’s worth buying but just for minimal changes? I don’t think so.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
For the love of god. If the game is going to be the same chuck up a scorecard inbetween overs or something to freshen it up. I can't see any change in presentation or anything.

I'm baffled. Genuinely. It looks pretty much identical.
Ive honestly never seen a game as untouched between versions.

Ctrl+V. Thats quite literally all thats happened here, simply because a real life World Cup is about to start.

Quite staggering what they are trying to pull off here - credit for ballsiness if nothing else.

kamrul

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hope BA is smirking at their office seeing our comments. I really do.

But so far, it seems like BA was right all along. We are not their TG. They are targeting a completely different set of consumers who has not played it before (which is a lot of people). Consumer retention is also a part of a campaign, however, they don't care about the base consumers atm.

sytrics

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Having been a dedicated fan of Big Ant Studio's cricket games since DBC14, I've purchased each instalment with excitement , including DBC14, DBC17, Ashes Cricket, Cricket 19 and even C22. However, I must express my disappointment with C24, to say this regrettably that C22 was the final purchase from the series, unless there are significant and truly compelling improvements in future releases. As a long-time supporter, I genuinely hope for new and innovative features that will reignite my enthusiasm for the games developed by Big Ant Studio. A truly disappointed fan...after all the hype and wait !!

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Big Ant didn't even bother to make an accurate Chris Jordan. Still the same appearance from C22. Looks nothing like him. I bet Kane Williamson will also look the same from C22. Mark Wood still has the Mitch Starc action, which makes no sense.

That's the frustration, this should have been the easy bit. It doesn't take an army of developers to do this stuff. YJB looks like he's been on the cabbage soup diet, a 10 minute change by a BA staffer making him significantly more hench (bloody love that word) and it's more realistic immediately. Obviously there are a finite number of bowling actions, just get someone to A) watch a clip of licensed players bowl and b) assign the closest matching action and ffs tweak the overlay a bit from C22, just to show you've done something.

It's not rocket science, these superficial changes should be easy wins for BA.

That said, there were seemingly some gameplay improvements in that video, possible Big Ant redemption arc incoming?

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ive honestly never seen a game as untouched between versions.

Ctrl+V. Thats quite literally all thats happened here, simply because a real life World Cup is about to start.

Quite staggering what they are trying to pull off here - credit for ballsiness if nothing else.

They were originally planning to release the game 6 months ago around the time of the Ashes - but postponed it to the WC.

Arguably they have had an extra 6 months or so.

thivakar

School Cricketer
I'm just going to preface this by saying I am far from an equipment junkie, it really isn't something that moves the needle for me, but even I couldn't stomach this one:
View attachment 284398
View attachment 284400
:thinking:

Good luck to anyone who's getting this today, tomorrow, or anywhere close to release date. There does seem to be a hefty number of red flags around, but hey, maybe they're unfounded? Guess we'll find out.

Who is this ? Danushka Gunathilaka ? lol

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Big Ant are riding on the "success" of this game through licensing and they still can't get the playfaces right. While they updated certain players' appearances like Phil Salt and Harry Brook as seen through the screenshots, they are still using that poor playface attempt of Dawid Malan all the way back from Cricket 19 as his official appearance in both Cricket 22 and Cricket 22 2.0. Same with a lot of other licensed players smh.

Maximus

Club Captain
I do wonder if the AFL issues killed any chance of making serious improvements to the game.

Not claiming to be an insider or anything but BA is a small studio and it’s likely they just had no time or manpower to set aside for Cricket 24, hence the delay and complete lack of any sort of marketing.

Will be interesting to see actually if there are new commentary lines for the Ashes like there were in 22.

Users who are viewing this thread