Cricket 24 - General Discussion

hj576

Club Cricketer
I appreciate everyone's feedback so far, I know there's a lot of posts tagging me to try and reply, but I will just comment in general on some of the things mentioned. I really am not in a position to speak for Big Ant, so I'm always very cautious about what I post on here, as many seem to interpret anything I post as a company line, it really isn't.

I can first point out and confirm the day one build numbers, you can see the build numbers on the main menu (the final 4 digits) - including in some of the photographs posted.
PS4 1412/1413 (depending on region), PS5 1414, Xbox One 1338, Xbox Series 1339, Steam 1415.

Due to processes the Xbox is slightly behind the other platforms at launch, however we intend to synchronise them with an update early next week.

I know people hear it a lot and think it's a bit of a cliche, but the development process means many improvements require a lot of work on the foundations before they can fully shine - content that has been worked on for months and months in the lead up completes final approvals and polish after the points where deadlines are for getting discs made, the nature of cricket as a year round sport is that the timeframes can vary wildly.

That's true even between the builds you're watching being played and the builds you'll play from launch day onward. I suppose one example of that, the statistics update pass was left as late as possible to make it as up to date at launch as it can be.

There's a good chunk of feedback in the thread that is already addressed in the day one build, but once people have had their hands on it, we'll be looking to take that on board.

One I suppose I'll comment on that you've seen from the videos isn't there is a hud update. We have a refresh designed and planned from the graphical design standpoint, just it's one of those things where people have polar opposite opinions. Some view a change like that as just a "coat of paint" and we should focus on more important improvements, and then the opposite view is the idea that the game is the 'same' because a visual aspect remained unchanged. It was a coin flip in terms of priorities, it landed on putting other UI changes above it in terms of the coding - so you got stuff like the different frontend themes, which a lot of players appreciated in Cricket 19, as well as a lot of changes to the other screens that make up the in game UI.

I know there's some strong critics in the thread, even if you're someone not convinced on day one, I hope there's stuff you'll see as people get the game, or if need be through post release updates that change your mind. I hope we can make even our harshest critics happy over time.
Thanks for this
Yes I am disappointed, and yes I was also hoping for something better, but I think the hate here is a tad bit unjustified. People are lashing out too hard. But i guess thats expected

Best of luck, hopefully day 1 game is better than what we saw and it gets better with every patch

one thing if you can find the time to reply. Pakistan team and PSL, we have seen PSL team names in the videos, but faces and kits arent the same. As some one posted that the scans will happen on Pakistans tour of Australia, is that ture ?Is somewhere in first quarter 2024 is when we will get proper Pakistan and PSL teams ? A lot of Pakistani fans on different social media need some clarity on this and an answer from you would be highly appreciated.

Reactions: DAP

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Another noticeable thing is the inability to choose if you want overcast conditions in the quick play match mode from that video, unless it’s been hidden in the rain sub-setting or has been postponed to be introduced in a day one patch.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Previously games have come out on steam 12am Melbourne time world wide which is about 50 mins from now.Its not listed on steam yet so who knows.Possibly not even big ant as no time has been given.
Midnight UTC is my understanding, some platforms/regions may differ.

Reactions: DAP

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I appreciate everyone's feedback so far, I know there's a lot of posts tagging me to try and reply, but I will just comment in general on some of the things mentioned. I really am not in a position to speak for Big Ant, so I'm always very cautious about what I post on here, as many seem to interpret anything I post as a company line, it really isn't.

I can first point out and confirm the day one build numbers, you can see the build numbers on the main menu (the final 4 digits) - including in some of the photographs posted.
PS4 1412/1413 (depending on region), PS5 1414, Xbox One 1338, Xbox Series 1339, Steam 1415.

Due to processes the Xbox is slightly behind the other platforms at launch, however we intend to synchronise them with an update early next week.

I know people hear it a lot and think it's a bit of a cliche, but the development process means many improvements require a lot of work on the foundations before they can fully shine - content that has been worked on for months and months in the lead up completes final approvals and polish after the points where deadlines are for getting discs made, the nature of cricket as a year round sport is that the timeframes can vary wildly.

That's true even between the builds you're watching being played and the builds you'll play from launch day onward. I suppose one example of that, the statistics update pass was left as late as possible to make it as up to date at launch as it can be.

There's a good chunk of feedback in the thread that is already addressed in the day one build, but once people have had their hands on it, we'll be looking to take that on board.

One I suppose I'll comment on that you've seen from the videos isn't there is a hud update. We have a refresh designed and planned from the graphical design standpoint, just it's one of those things where people have polar opposite opinions. Some view a change like that as just a "coat of paint" and we should focus on more important improvements, and then the opposite view is the idea that the game is the 'same' because a visual aspect remained unchanged. It was a coin flip in terms of priorities, it landed on putting other UI changes above it in terms of the coding - so you got stuff like the different frontend themes, which a lot of players appreciated in Cricket 19, as well as a lot of changes to the other screens that make up the in game UI.

I know there's some strong critics in the thread, even if you're someone not convinced on day one, I hope there's stuff you'll see as people get the game, or if need be through post release updates that change your mind. I hope we can make even our harshest critics happy over time.
Thank you very much for the message Matt. Very obviously there's a lot of disappointed messages on the forum at the moment.

I think people can understand that a lot of changes don't make it into builds until very late in the process often after shipping of discs etc. Although I suspect that many here would have thought the game would have been significantly different enough even in mid process builds, that even with the late build stuff missing until day one patch, that the game would be noticeably different.

Nacon and Big Ant would not have to have been that far-sighted to have realised that fundamental changes being advertised like an overhauled fielding system, should be showcased in videos so as the audience will realize it has actually been fixed post-day one patch.

I'm unsure why such a feature, requiring a lot of testing to get the balancing of Fielder positionings, throw in speed, accuracy, running speed, user targeting control systems etc, would even be in a day one patch it surely would require a significant enough amount of work that it should be fixed and ready to show prior to release.

The ability to show us all, that there have been significant improvements is something Big Ant and Nacon have control of, and for some reason chose not to.

Seriously a 20s teaser 1 day prior to release with next to nothing in it was hardly going to appease an audience which had a ridiculous release last time.

Bevab

Staff Member
Thank you very much for the message Matt. Very obviously there's a lot of disappointed messages on the forum at the moment.

I think people can understand that a lot of changes don't make it into builds until very late in the process often after shipping of discs etc. Although I suspect that many here would have thought the game would have been significantly different enough even in mid process builds, that even with the late build stuff missing until day one patch, that the game would be noticeably different.

Nacon and Big Ant would not have to have been that far-sighted to have realised that fundamental changes being advertised like an overhauled fielding system, should be showcased in videos so as the audience will realize it has actually been fixed post-day one patch.

I'm unsure why such a feature, requiring a lot of testing to get the balancing of Fielder positionings, throw in speed, accuracy, running speed, user targeting control systems etc, would even be in a day one patch it surely would require a significant enough amount of work that it should be fixed and ready to show prior to release.

The ability to show us all, that there have been significant improvements is something Big Ant and Nacon have control of, and for some reason chose not to.

Seriously a 20s teaser 1 day prior to release with next to nothing in it was hardly going to appease an audience which had a ridiculous release last time.

Spot on mate. I’m also curious as to what important improvements were given more priority over a refresh of the match scorecard…

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Why can’t they just replicate the crowd from C19 to now really ruins it for me the whistling and the fact crowds don’t cheer properly with a wicket or boundaries etc it’s all out of sync

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Well very disappointed by the fact that even the Hud remains the same. You guys are the ones who used to tell us different teams work on different things. I mean someone among you could have put up your hand and said you need to change the score hud. I am not going to buy C24 unless it looks new and has some good features in it. Again I hope you guys have D/L method in a "Cricket Simulation". Since DBC 14 I have purchased all the games on day 1 but not this time!

Bevab

Staff Member
Answer to questions about PSL and PCT

Does here refer to the Pakistan tour of Australia in December? Looks like history repeats itself yet again with licensed content not being fully fleshed out at the time of release but this has been an issue in FIFA too.

Users who are viewing this thread