Cricket 24 - General Discussion

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
Was just going to post this. Everytime I've heard the commentators mention an edge they've got it the wrong way round. Twice on inside edges and once on an outside edge.

They couldn't have mixed that up, surely. Could they?
There's been a theory for some time that inside and outisde edges are sometimes reversed due to a bug somewhere.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'm a BA fan. Always have been. I have bought every game on top of sometimes a free build when doing the beta to support the company.

But I can't find any reason what so ever to buy this and it genuinely makes me sad. I love cricket games. I remember the buzz of Brian Lara when I was a kid. The first game I got my hands on. Was class.

This is just literally the same game. If anything playing 22 makes more sense as it has all my sliders saved and creations downloaded.

I can't find a single thing that currently would enhance my experience.

Unless a miracle patch.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Entered PC forum almost every day since the game announcement only to be this disappointed. Probably we all had unrealistic expectations for this game. Everything that they shared in the announcement press release, are missing. I guess game owners do have the right to sue BA, for lying and making fake promises to the consumers.
As David Bowie said: This is not America

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
If it’s between Spiderman 2 and this then there’s no contest, Insomniac seem to have made one of the best games ever with the former.
I'm not actually a huge fan of the web swinging mechanic because it's so incredibly forgiving. The near impossibility of faceplanting Spider-Man into anything just makes me feel like it's not skilful or accurate enough to be really fun.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
I'm a BA fan. Always have been. I have bought every game on top of sometimes a free build when doing the beta to support the company.

But I can't find any reason what so ever to buy this and it genuinely makes me sad. I love cricket games. I remember the buzz of Brian Lara when I was a kid. The first game I got my hands on. Was class.

This is just literally the same game. If anything playing 22 makes more sense as it has all my sliders saved and creations downloaded.

I can't find a single thing that currently would enhance my experience.

Unless a miracle patch.
I remember you were the first person on the forums who got hold of Ashes 09 and we were huddled around the thread waiting for your updates.

The beta processes were great up until cricket 22

There is a correlation between diminishing beta involvement from here and diminishing quality of the games.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm not actually a huge fan of the web swinging mechanic because it's so incredibly forgiving. The near impossibility of faceplanting Spider-Man into anything just makes me feel like it's not skilful or accurate enough to be really fun.

Spiderman 2 needing it’s own impact engine moment is not something I expected on my bingo card…

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
Let's say it's c22 with new skin (I really doubt that) and now what? We just blast at the only company that makes cricket games and the company really took cricket gaming to a new level. I am surprise as I remember you were much more positive about international cricket 2009 than this one.
Anything to add me old lovely?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I remember you were the first person on the forums who got hold of Ashes 09 and we were huddled around the thread waiting for your updates.

There is a correlation between diminishing beta involvement from here and diminishing quality of the games.

Oh mate I remember doing a test match and posting wicket updates and explaining how the wicket fell etc.

People's frustration comes down to their love for the sport and recreating it.

Bashing developers is moronic. But I can certainly criticize a product and this is the first year I have been gobsmacked.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume a lot of things but I’d say BA has been trying to get the Indian market interested in their games for a while now. The regional pricing attempt in C19 and the current drive to get IPL licenses and the Sony bundle all seem to be geared towards it. Along the way they’re trying to get other markets if possible such as NZ, Ireland and West Indies (though I’m not sure how successful the last one would be). Pakistan is the next step on this path, imagine giving people the ability to play with a PSL team against an IPL team with both of them being officially licensed?

Users who are viewing this thread