Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
9/10 times fielding look OK to me , that one being ugly quirk animation not some game breaking bug

Are you misunderstanding the question here?

An overhaul is supposed to revamp the system in place with something new or add onto the existing base if said base is good. None of the clips shown so far have indicated that. The fielding being ‘okay’ is not the overhaul that has been promised two games in a row.

Akshyansh

Akshyansh
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
INR 2999 on Steam, so much for the regional pricing strategy. For reference, AFL 23 is priced at INR 2600.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Are you misunderstanding the question here?

An overhaul is supposed to revamp the system in place with something new or add onto the existing base if said base is good. None of the clips shown so far have indicated that. The fielding being ‘okay’ is not the overhaul that has been promised two games in a row.
If you mean newer animations of fielding and complete overhaul? Then by no means NO , if you are asking state of fielding in C24 , I would say it's good and much much better than C22 with some minor adjustment needed. Weird shit happens one time in every 2/3 overs compare to after every 3 balls in C22

tarangmht

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
can anyone check if player styles for licensed players can be edited or are locked? Thank you

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
OKKKKKK we have an answer. Not looking good regarding the complete new revamped fielding promised……
View attachment 284530
Exactly as Ross said , the frequency of weird shit is rare compare to C22 , but not new animations or new system in place.
Post automatically merged:

So exactly what will be the roadmap for C24 with new features to be added? So far it's just an enhanced C22 with better gameplay feel.

moon89

School Cricketer
Do we have any idea about when this day one patch will land? Downloaded the game and still on v0.2.1414

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
can anyone check if player styles for licensed players can be edited or are locked? Thank you
They cannot.

I played an IPL innings (batting only) then batted for about 20 overs in an Ashes Test.

Good and bad things. Unfortunately, the constant overthrows has made a return. At least 8/9 boundaries from overthrows in 20 overs. I havn't noticed any difference in shots played dependant on Batting Style. Everyone seems to play cover drives, cuts, hook, and forward defenses the exact same way. (I did check to make sure the batsmen I used had different styles.)

Some good things though! I was dismissed by Short Cover making an incredible diving catch to a ball I thought I had nailed. (Played an aerial shot, only got "good" timing.) Looked like it was flying through the gap anyways, until Warner plucked it out of the air. I enjoyed that. Also, playing Pulls against Spinners Red length deliveries is much nicer. Clattered about 4 sixes over Midwicket/Backward Square. I used to get out 99% of the time in Cricket 22, caught at short fine.

I also have a weird graphics glitch, as the bowler runs in, the grass graphics smooth out as the camera follows the bowler. It is quite off-putting.

All uploaded content from C22 appears to be downloadable aswell, which is very nice. (Though I'm not sure how it will work with replacing all the extra licensed players, especially IPL players.)

Users who are viewing this thread