Cricket 24 - General Discussion

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Edged to WK

And he’s sleepwalking. Sigh. Another thing that would of made a huge difference imagine the WK with fast reactions taking that then celebrating be so so good

Attachments

• IMG_2158.jpeg
    IMG_2158.jpeg
    567.4 KB · Views: 43

Mr Snrub

International Coach
An overhaul is supposed to revamp the system in place with something new or add onto the existing base if said base is good. None of the clips shown so far have indicated that. The fielding being ‘okay’ is not the overhaul that has been promised two games in a row.
Judging by the posted answer Ross has given, they've not done anything at all to the gameplay of fielding, it's not been overhauled or revamped into an actual skill based gameplay mechanism at all.

What he is saying strongly suggests that they call fixing and debugging (something that should've never been an issue in the first place ideally) an overhaul or revamp of fielding.

Fielding represents 1/3 of cricket. It's the most boring part of the game and it needs to be made a little more skill and reaction based to make it even remotely exciting, but Big Ant apparently can't learn from the various gameplay mechanisms throughout gaming history and find something that makes the action of throwing in the ball and targetting the stumps, or diving for a catch an interesting prospect.

Merely fixing their crappy past issues is a promotable feature? This is extremely poor.

Last edited:

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I think the weird shit in fielding is programmed intentionally (with rare %) to allow for over throws , drop catch , mis field , but it just feel unnatural , may be they can change the animations to make it more believable?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I don't know how hard it is to add tailenders batting style and lower order batting style as well , atleast give us the variety in terms of gameplay so that not all players looks and play similar.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Cricket 24 patch notes

▪️Improved WK reaction time
▪️Improved crowd noise depending on where playing
▪️Improved fielding (don’t throw opposite way to looking
▪️score hud - option of three now available including custom option

IMG_2159.jpeg

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
On current state the game doesn’t deserve to be released as a full priced game and more of a $25 DLC for C22 because of new licensing stuff and smoother animations and gameplay feel.
I skipped 22 due to negative feedback here. Should someone like me get Cricket 24. I am more of a gameplay kind of guy hardly bothered about licenses and cosmetics. Also can you please give feedback about AI? I only play sp so it is important for me

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I skipped 22 due to negative feedback here. Should someone like me get Cricket 24. I am more of a gameplay kind of guy hardly bothered about licenses and cosmetics. Also can you please give feedback about AI? I only play sp so it is important for me
If you have Xbox C22 is free or game pass on pc also free download that and the community teams created until something changes with 24

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
atleast this around they will not be busy in fixing bugs and adding cross play functionality to the game (these two things took 90% of their time during C22 patch feast) This time the game build is stable and relatively bug free , this time the focus should be on adding more features instead.

Having said that the OP spinners bug need to sorted ASAP because it's killing offline play atm. Fielding improvements are not necessary at the moment because the weird shit is very rare.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
If you have skipped C22 then I would definitely recommend you C24 ,it's enjoyable and relatively bugfree and major upgrade over C19 in every facet of the game.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Starting odi. World cup
Hey mate. Can you give feedback on AI? Is AI chasing or defending properly?
Post automatically merged:

If you have skipped C22 then I would definitely recommend you C24 ,it's enjoyable and relatively bugfree and major upgrade over C19 in every facet of the game.
If AI is any good, I will definitely consider purchasing this.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Hey mate. Can you give feedback on AI? Is AI chasing or defending properly?
Post automatically merged:

If AI is any good, I will definitely consider purchasing this.
yep good enough AI (not perfect for now because OP spinners ,just don't bowl with spinners for now if you want AI to go after chasing or getting big scores batting first) but you are going to enjoy the game even if you play SP only.

Users who are viewing this thread