Cricket 24 - General Discussion

RDB3

Club Cricketer
Which player is batting style 7? Some say its Babar Azam and other say it is Don Bradman?

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Couple of things you can’t change any team as it says they are all licensed including Kenya and Kuwait but they both have big ant logos it’s ridiculous. Another one is I got some rain it came down for a minute or so then stopped looked ok tbf be interesting to see if it came down and stopped play see what happens IMG_2171.jpeg

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Couple of things you can’t change any team as it says they are all licensed including Kenya and Kuwait but they both have big ant logos it’s ridiculous. Another one is I got some rain it came down for a minute or so then stopped looked ok tbf be interesting to see if it came down and stopped play see what happens View attachment 284614
Managed to remove a licensed player and install rehan Ahmed from the community to England team so that could be one way round the poor players BA have produced not sure if you could do that I’ve only ever replaced full team

pinku

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
After seeing all the negativity about the game i almost cancelled my pre order, but then i thought i have bought every game since DBC 14 and i still appreciate that someone makes cricket games for consoles. I was pleasantly surprised as i liked the gameplay and it did feel improved (even if it is not a major upgrade.)

The player models yes do look the same as Cricket 22 but i feel if we can get all the licensed players and teams as promised then it will
be an excellent game and the future games will be alot better for sure. Only things bothering me are the same terrible crowd sounds from Cricket 22, i was really hoping to play a test match with the authentic crowd sounds we hear while watching on tv (especially here in England.)

The fact that all the licensed teams do not have the real player faces which is a huge thing for me as i will not feel like picking them teams until they are fixed and that could take some time which makes me wonder what the point is of buying the game so early if there is so many things still missing.

Here in the Uk the game does not have the latest patch as non of the IPL team players are licensed in the version i have updated to on PS5.I have seen videos on Youtube which show they have been patched. I hope it is done soon so maybe i can start with IPL teams.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
All the fielders run sideways and then chase the ball. That's the difference I noticed from C22. They should actually run directly towards the ball. What do you guys think?
View attachment 284615
You only run directly at the ball in cricket if it's coming to you. If it's coming past you at an angle you have to work out a cutoff angle. Running towards it means you add extra distance to the chase.

One of the weaknesses of the original fielding code was not really factoring any time for fielders to work out interception angles, and that they would set off without watching the ball. It looks like there's some new stuff in there trying to handle this aspect of the things with a little more finesse than previous versions with the added ability to sidestep to keep the player watching the ball.

It might not be optimally balanced but it's hard to tell from this clip. That's far enough away from the fielder that if it's hit really well that might be just out of range.

Sultan Ms Nama

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Licensed player faces looking amazing
If it's allowed to share more videos like that let me know
Will try to post more on channel if it helps users to see licensed faces

Last edited:

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Just started a test match bw Aus & Eng on Hard difficulty
I picked Aus and got to bat first, warner & khawaja to start
played around 15 overs on Perth green/dry top and very disappointed to see that right handed bowlers are constantly bowling outside leg stump to lefties from over the wicket
This is the exact same bug we had in C22
AI doesnt make any field changes no matter how much you score on the leg side
And as a batter you cant play pull shots towards mid wicket(7/8 o clock direction), the batter just plays a weird backfoot punch in that area which doesnt look natural at all

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So I just tried career mode and it kept crashing before the coin toss each time. Then eventually it removed all my settings I'd changed saying it was corrupted. I really CBA playing the game tonight now. Maybe tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread