Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Ramz

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just wanted to ask Ive been reading on Twitter that C22 creations can be imported into C24 which is a good thing I hope! can anybody confirm if they have the latest India kits on the C24 academy? This is probably the first game from BigAnt i havent purchased day 1!

Jake Azazel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Steam reviews may have started off good but are now at 51% positive. JNT BA has replied to a few of the negative reviews, but its just generic responses like "pakistan licenses coming soon" and "audio has been worked on"
Post automatically merged:

Maybe that is intentional?

Meanwhile, Yannic Cariah got licensed but they forgot to change its name.
View attachment 284625

Maybe that is intentional?

Meanwhile, Yannic Cariah got licensed but they forgot to change its name.
View attachment 284625
"Cousin, let's go bowling"

DrSpaceman

School Cricketer
What's the deal with playing this in ultra-wide? I'm struggling to navigate the menus as everything is all over the place. Why have the option for the res if you're going to half-arse it?

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I generally look out for your opinion blocker, so I'm just wondering if you feel that as a starting point is it a worthwhile game to buy, given there's probably a chance that Big Ant will probably over the course of patches make it about 5% better overall? (Meaning they'll probably improve it more than that, but then ruin some of it with subsequent patches and it'll go forward and backwards for a while).

Not blocker (and obviously I haven’t bought the game) but judging from the posts here and footage seen elsewhere… it feels like you could buy this if you didn’t play C22 much (or perhaps played it too much) or skipped out on it and don’t mind more of the same. I assume they’ll fix most of the gamebreaking bugs and Academy related issues alongside having another go at some of the licensed stuff. Updating the game along with the upcoming seasons of the BBL, PSL and IPL in particular sounds like an easy way to keep the game fresh.

I don’t really think they’ll fix longstanding issues with the series such as the fielding still not being as realistic as it should be (dominant vs non-dominant hand throws, the overabundance of bullet throws, more human like reactions, better field settings), the run rates feeling scripted, the bowling lines to a batter of the opposite type being too leg-side focused, spinners being overpowered (or being capable of bowling no balls since I have’t seen anyone mention they can), pitch types still not mattering as much as it should, different playing conditions providing a vastly different experience and so forth. If you’re willing to tolerate them all again for what seems to be smoother animations and a better ‘feel’ to the game then you could do worse than buy it I suppose if you have the spare money or can afford it. If you’re wishing to take a stand on principles to not support their business practice of promising features that are nowhere to be seen on release then you shouldn’t be buying it but that is completely up to you.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I generally look out for your opinion blocker, so I'm just wondering if you feel that as a starting point is it a worthwhile game to buy, given there's probably a chance that Big Ant will probably over the course of patches make it about 5% better overall? (Meaning they'll probably improve it more than that, but then ruin some of it with subsequent patches and it'll go forward and backwards for a while).
I’ve cleared a bit of the day so I’m gonna try to play through some test match stuff and see.
Ultimately we know there’s no new feature, so it’s gonna be about the gameplay fixes. In my case that’s the OP spinners.

I can’t see any graphical upgrade in player models, stadiums or pitch/sky, for sure.

Cheers for the review @blockerdave. If you end up streaming this today do post in here first.

Now, waiting on @WealeyH review like

Yeah I’ll stream some later for sure and let you know

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just wanted to ask Ive been reading on Twitter that C22 creations can be imported into C24 which is a good thing I hope! can anybody confirm if they have the latest India kits on the C24 academy? This is probably the first game from BigAnt i havent purchased day 1!
I think they’ve been copied over by BA, so you don’t need to import. But the fidelity isn’t perfect and the academy download process takes forever

tarangmht

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No. the ball is not spinning very slight movement left or right
ball did not turn in cric22 too in some grounds in some matches and use to turn big on other grounds with same settings and pitch. try to c if it turns by changing the ground

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Steam reviews may have started off good but are now at 51% positive. JNT BA has replied to a few of the negative reviews, but its just generic responses like "pakistan licenses coming soon" and "audio has been worked on"

"Cousin, let's go bowling"

Gotta love how the wording has changed from “a complete overhaul of the fielding systems to provide the most realistic and responsive fielding controls ever seen in a cricket video game” to “fielding extensive rewrites to address misses/overthrows etc”. It’s also extremely funny that he’s asking for feedback from the users on Steam reviews, a place where it is utterly impossible to do so whilst promising to respond to the tickets that they‘ve urged said users to raise.

Meanwhile there has been no such response here or even on their own community forums where JNT’s last post was on September 28th and it was in the AFL section. There’s no response of any kind in multiple threads including the megathread there where he’s been tagged multiple times.

All for the PR I suppose.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Not blocker (and obviously I haven’t bought the game) but judging from the posts here and footage seen elsewhere… it feels like you could buy this if you didn’t play C22 much (or perhaps played it too much) or skipped out on it and don’t mind more of the same. I assume they’ll fix most of the gamebreaking bugs and Academy related issues alongside having another go at some of the licensed stuff. Updating the game along with the upcoming seasons of the BBL, PSL and IPL in particular sounds like an easy way to keep the game fresh.

I don’t really think they’ll fix longstanding issues with the series such as the fielding still not being as realistic as it should be (dominant vs non-dominant hand throws, the overabundance of bullet throws, more human like reactions, better field settings), the run rates feeling scripted, the bowling lines to a batter of the opposite type being too leg-side focused, spinners being overpowered (or being capable of bowling no balls since I have’t seen anyone mention they can), pitch types still not mattering as much as it should, different playing conditions providing a vastly different experience and so forth. If you’re willing to tolerate them all again for what seems to be smoother animations and a better ‘feel’ to the game then you could do worse than buy it I suppose if you have the spare money or can afford it. If you’re wishing to take a stand on principles to not support their business practice of promising features that are nowhere to be seen on release then you shouldn’t be buying it but that is completely up to you.
Completely agree with you on all of this and will also be very interested in how blocker feels after a few good sessions.

My reasons for even considering buying it are that I've begun to hear a few good aspects of it mixed in with the disappointment, for example that as a starting point it appears to be much better than C'22 was by some distance, though still disappointing in it's lack of innovation.

Also, I've had a very long and very stressful week and enjoy looking at and analysing a new game to see if I can find some enjoyment from it. Throw on top of that the fact that:
1 - I can afford it.
2 - There's only one real game retailer in town and it has limited stock left of it now and they take weeks to restock
3 - I'm running a championship marathon race on Sunday and I want something to let my legs die with on the couch afterwards (I'd kill for any sense of reward when I'm done).
4 - I'm concerned that knowing my luck they'll patch it within the next week and it'll actually be decent, because I won't have a copy, such is my luck at times! :lol

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
I think they’ve been copied over by BA, so you don’t need to import. But the fidelity isn’t perfect and the academy download process takes forever
Theres a whole blurb about the Ashes being this new unique experience with new cut scenes and commentary bla bla bla…..anything noticeable in that regard?

Users who are viewing this thread