Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Kart7

School Cricketer
The academy displayed in C24 seems to be at least a year-old uploads from C22.
Teams have old uniforms, roster etc. even if one sorts on the latest date.

None of the recent teams uploaded from C22 into the academy, currently feature in the C24 academy.
Is my observation correct?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
You’re only allowed one I heard, can’t wait for my turn.

What I don’t get, is that they have gone all out with the licenses etc, but then only done half a job with them. I’ve just done an Eng v Eng match so I could see 22 different players and not one of them had the pads and gloves to match the bat (I think brook and root do so I left them out).

Like this is your big thing, what’s you’re thinking BA, that we’ll go through and fix them all? Ohh wait, we can’t even if we wanted to as they are locked.

Don’t know whether to press on and persevere or just go the pub

Licenses being locked makes me not want them. It adds nothing for me

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
The academy displayed in C24 seems to be at least a year-old uploads from C22.
Teams have old uniforms, roster etc. even if one sorts on the latest date.

None of the recent teams uploaded from C22 into the academy, currently feature in the C24 academy.
Is my observation correct?
Correct, even went back to C22 and uploaded my latest teams again, just to make sure, but it was still pulling through old stuff on 24

jpm123

School Cricketer
Tried loading up the ODI world cup and it only allows you 15 players in the squad, wouldn't be an issue but I can't pick the 15, it just randomly selects the ones outside the starting XI so I'm left with Jimmy Anderson as my back up seamer.

fezza

Club Captain
Just wanted to say thanks for all the reviews on here. I've saved £50 on a dumpster fire. I cannot understand how a developer can put out such garbage and survive.

I'm still playing C19 - it is not perfect but seems to be about the best game on PS4, although I also like DB17.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I just brought the game today on PS5, so far enjoying career mode. I think it looks a lot smoother then cricket 22 but the fielding still needs a bit of improving. I had to stop playing because PSN want down and for some reason I can't play this game offline.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Hey @blockerdave I did temporarily change my user name on steam to "MV" a few months back, so my teams may be there under "MV", but I did change everything back to "Mouseydread" a few weeks back so hopefully they show up. When I last looked under Mouseydread they were there on 22. I hope they show on 24.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hey @blockerdave I did temporarily change my user name on steam to "MV" a few months back, so my teams may be there under "MV", but I did change everything back to "Mouseydread" a few weeks back so hopefully they show up. When I last looked under Mouseydread they were there on 22. I hope they show on 24.
Thanks Mousey, I’ll check!

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Couple of issues I’ve come across.

Created two custom sides and tried to add them to a World Cup and had West Indies replacing Netherlands. When you proceed it reverts back to Netherlands Afghanistan and Bangladesh in. I then tried to create a custom World Cup and replace same 3 sides with others and the game crashed.

You can’t to apply a licenced bat to players, you have to edit a custom player and choose bat. I sent a ticket through as last game you could apply proper bats to real players. BA replied and said you could never do that.

That is a lie because I went into 22 and did it, you can make Steve Smith have a kookaburra etc, I remember doing it for the English players like Broad , Ali etc. This year you can’t do it so half the English are using those crappy plain bats and all the Australian side are using the Kooka’s and Grey Nic 21 range bats and not the new ones they scanned in like the beast, alpha etc.

What’s the point of having those new range bats in the game if the players who use them like Maxwell with the beast or Smith with the new style new balance etc …

Hopefully they realise their error and patch that up.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Couple of issues I’ve come across.

Created two custom sides and tried to add them to a World Cup and had West Indies replacing Netherlands. When you proceed it reverts back to Netherlands Afghanistan and Bangladesh in. I then tried to create a custom World Cup and replace same 3 sides with others and the game crashed.

You can’t to apply a licenced bat to players, you have to edit a custom player and choose bat. I sent a ticket through as last game you could apply proper bats to real players. BA replied and said you could never do that.

That is a lie because I went into 22 and did it, you can make Steve Smith have a kookaburra etc, I remember doing it for the English players like Broad , Ali etc. This year you can’t do it so half the English are using those crappy plain bats and all the Australian side are using the Kooka’s and Grey Nic 21 range bats and not the new ones they scanned in like the beast, alpha etc.

What’s the point of having those new range bats in the game if the players who use them like Maxwell with the beast or Smith with the new style new balance etc …

Hopefully they realise their error and patch that up.
We could never change the bat for players like smith, root, stokes etc, as they already had a licensed bat, but we could changed Broad an Ali because they had generic unlicensed bats

Users who are viewing this thread