Cricket 24 - General Discussion

jmarcf

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just discovered the sliders and wastes teams for C22....it's going to be like a new game for me....good I can wait now to see if BigLies...sorry Big Ant fix this mess...

Wastes...so I setup a England vs WI Reto...there's a little problem....the team is all Aussie and English players lol....Damien Martin opened the bowling and took 5 wickets

caprikaps

Club Captain
About the licenses.. if you get the licenses of players, teams, leagues, and stadiums then get the entire thing and just not one or two things.. for ex: Delhi stadium looks dead..the hoarding is covered with nothing but purple color and only color and nothing else..
Game is beyond dead mate where AI is so dumb to situations from whatever I’ve seen on this forum.

It’s funny to see people here stating that fixing fielding would make the game great . Go back 2 years and this is what people mostly said with C22.

I think they’ll focus on revamping the fielding for the next title, market it well but only for us to realise that the fielding would still be broken with the release. It’s a vicious circle.

The only way to fix this is through Intent. Don’t release the next title if it ain’t fixed. Even if that takes another 4 years. Period.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Do I get a cookie for being the one skeptical of those posts at that point?
:spy

If I were an utter dick and a cynist top notch I would interpret Matt's comment that his favourite aspects of the new game were audio related as meaning that nothing has been improved on the old game accept that the buggy audio had been given some fresh paint.

Luckily I am neither so would never post something as crude and petty as that.
I think we need to at least share the cookie @Bevab

Last edited:

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Big Ant prime target should be fixing all fielding bugs and need to modify batsman shots, so it won't adapt automatically to spinning, swinging balls and also need to fix batsman auto sliding when Playing shots...
They have almost 6 or 7 style of bating but in game only style 6 is used .. in career whatever style u chose their will be style 6 in game !!

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can we remove helmate for licensed players and select only normal hat while batting ?

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Thank you old mates @Wealey and @blockerdave , I won't be buying this pile of hot garbage. This is a second bigant cricket game I am skipping. I had hoped our dreams had finally a chance of realization after bigant engaged with this community before releasing the revolutionary DBC 14. It has been all downhill since. I hope some other developers can come up with a cricket game with focus on gameplay and AI. Till then, I guess we miss out.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I just discovered the sliders and wastes teams for C22....it's going to be like a new game for me....good I can wait now to see if BigLies...sorry Big Ant fix this mess...

Wastes...so I setup an England vs WI Reto...there's a little problem....the team is all Aussie and English players lol....Damien Martin opened the bowling and took 5 wickets
I downloaded India team all good expect rohit is in an England kit and England squad now

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@wasteyouryouth Buddy, could you pls confirm if the community still has issues with uploading SL teams? Last year when I tried to upload SL and Pak teams the community crashed for me and couldnt upload any of stuff for the next 6 months. Is it still an issue?

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I appreciate everyone's feedback so far, I know there's a lot of posts tagging me to try and reply, but I will just comment in general on some of the things mentioned. I really am not in a position to speak for Big Ant, so I'm always very cautious about what I post on here, as many seem to interpret anything I post as a company line, it really isn't.

I can first point out and confirm the day one build numbers, you can see the build numbers on the main menu (the final 4 digits) - including in some of the photographs posted.
PS4 1412/1413 (depending on region), PS5 1414, Xbox One 1338, Xbox Series 1339, Steam 1415.

Due to processes the Xbox is slightly behind the other platforms at launch, however we intend to synchronise them with an update early next week.

I know people hear it a lot and think it's a bit of a cliche, but the development process means many improvements require a lot of work on the foundations before they can fully shine - content that has been worked on for months and months in the lead up completes final approvals and polish after the points where deadlines are for getting discs made, the nature of cricket as a year round sport is that the timeframes can vary wildly.

That's true even between the builds you're watching being played and the builds you'll play from launch day onward. I suppose one example of that, the statistics update pass was left as late as possible to make it as up to date at launch as it can be.

There's a good chunk of feedback in the thread that is already addressed in the day one build, but once people have had their hands on it, we'll be looking to take that on board.

One I suppose I'll comment on that you've seen from the videos isn't there is a hud update. We have a refresh designed and planned from the graphical design standpoint, just it's one of those things where people have polar opposite opinions. Some view a change like that as just a "coat of paint" and we should focus on more important improvements, and then the opposite view is the idea that the game is the 'same' because a visual aspect remained unchanged. It was a coin flip in terms of priorities, it landed on putting other UI changes above it in terms of the coding - so you got stuff like the different frontend themes, which a lot of players appreciated in Cricket 19, as well as a lot of changes to the other screens that make up the in game UI.

I know there's some strong critics in the thread, even if you're someone not convinced on day one, I hope there's stuff you'll see as people get the game, or if need be through post release updates that change your mind. I hope we can make even our harshest critics happy over time

Any update on this Matt as there is an overwhelming sense that people aren’t seeing or experiencing what your statement alludes to. Not trying to be a dick but any communication would be appreciated either by you or someone else from BA.

Users who are viewing this thread