Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm still holding out as I know they'll mess up some good stuff in the patches to come before they eventually get it right (or as near as possible).

But there are certainly more positive vibes coming through now, particularly by those posters who seem to want the same sort of things as me i.e. more realistic red ball experience basically.

I believe some of it is because they’ve headed into the game with negative expectations thanks to the outpouring of terrible reviews at launch from many here. Imagine heading into the game with nothing more than “god I hope it isn’t a streaming pile of shite” and then you do see the foundation of a decent game underneath all those bugs gameplay wise (which has been the case for every BA title)?

You would definitely be ‘pleasantly surprised’. It’s not a coincidence that both @Dutch and @blockerdave used that exact phrase and why several others have used those same words or words that conveyed a similar meaning.

Staresblank

Club Captain
I believe some of it is because they’ve headed into the game with negative expectations thanks to the outpouring of terrible reviews at launch from many here. Imagine heading into the game with nothing more than “god I hope it isn’t a streaming pile of shite” and then you do see the foundation of a decent game underneath all those bugs gameplay wise (which has been the case for every BA title)?

You would definitely be ‘pleasantly surprised’. It’s not a coincidence that both @Dutch and @blockerdave used that exact phrase and why several others have used those same words or words that conveyed a similar meaning.
I think they've being punished for C22 release - that was in such an abominable condition on release it soured their reputation with a lot of people. Many of whom are now not going to give them as much leeway with bugs then previous additions.

Personally - I think gameplay wise this may be their best game at this stage of release so far. There are many bugs to address (academy, straight drive, spin and sweep shot) but if they can iron them out this may be their best yet. It's a big if though as their patches seems to cause as many problems as they fix.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I think they've being punished for C22 release - that was in such an abominable condition on release it soured their reputation with a lot of people. Many of whom are now not going to give them as much leeway with bugs then previous additions.

Personally - I think gameplay wise this may be their best game at this stage of release so far. There are many bugs to address (academy, straight drive, spin and sweep shot) but if they can iron them out this may be their best yet. It's a big if though as their patches seems to cause as many problems as they fix.
Agree 100% as much as I play it and think some things are a farce it has a base to be a cracking game it’s nowhere near as bad as 22 was little things like calming the WK down and slips catching the correct dismissals instead of diving across three fielders to take it and so on. I’m excited to play the new patches and see the changes although my career as a spinner is on hold lol

dawesy49

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So has Ross or big ant said they’re going to fix the little things like no wear and tear?

Does the ball really not spin? I’ve seen videos on YouTube where it looks like it’s spinning?

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
So has Ross or big ant said they’re going to fix the little things like no wear and tear?

Does the ball really not spin? I’ve seen videos on YouTube where it looks like it’s spinning?
Definitely no spin. And wear and tear if enough ppl raise tickets etc and shout out they will take note there was pitch wear in 22 although it made no difference to gameplay at least looks wise it’s essential

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Is it possible to add these broadcast camera angles for all 3 formats..Please consider this request to make Cricket 24 look realistic.. these are the angles used by all the broadcasters. @JNT BA @MattW ?
THIS. Their broadcast cameras seem to follow the ball/bowler (which is fine once the ball has been bowled) but a static wide angle which zooms in as the bowler enters the delivery stride is the perfect way to do it.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

I have always said the core gameplay and the foundations are very solid. If it's gets some love it will be a cracking game of cricket!

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Playing on Xbox One, just had to wait 10 minutes for the community search for teams, downloaded CSK and it took an absolute eternity to "quick download". Is there a reason why everything on the game is happening so slowly for me? On the verge of getting a refund.

noys390

County Cricketer
If BigAnt guys are here and care to read my post, I would request you going forward to spent less time on cosmetics changes like jersey, stadium, licensee etc, and, in the name of God, put some effort on gameplay & AI improvements. Apart from rectifying AI fielding issue which others have already pointed out, there are few improvements I would like to be there:
1) While player batting, disable the running button when ball hits the upper body/head.
2) While player batting, reduce the timing window for a perfectly delivered yorker (at the end of green bar). Currently the most potent ball in cricket, the yorkers are the easiest to loft for six.
3) Currently the AI bowlers are bowling outside offstump having 4 fielders on leg-side boundary. The line of AI bowlers should be corrected to middle & leg when having strong leg-side field.
4) Currently the AI does not put more fielders in the inner ring when the required run-rate is less than 6 per over. Need more fielders in the inner ring during those time.

Users who are viewing this thread