Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Which batting styles do you guys find best in the game?

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Was playing Ashes 19 last night. I do not have C24 so cannot make assumptions about how the gameplay is now, but Ashes 19 you can choose the weather; the conditions actually impact the game, Cloudy day, green pitch, I was batting and had many play and misses from increased swing. The pitch detail is next level compared to C22 (and C24 by the looks of it). Overall, the graphics are just better - not so cartoony. what made BigAnt stray from this solid base is mind-blowing

Hester

County Cricketer
I still don't have the game but I'm actually starting to think about buying it (I'm on Xbox, so any purchase I make won't be until these latest patches get through the Microsoft process. I have a horrible feeling that they won't, though. The patches should have been processed by now...there's been plenty of time. I suspect Microsoft have pushed back to Bigant and it's now back in Bigant's court)

Anyway, at least things do seem to be improving on other platforms. I'm actually glad to see a lack of crazy spin. In C22, I could use Dean Elgar and spin the ball from the 1st ball of the 1st over on a day one pitch and have him and Markram tear through any team. I'm guessing that the rebalancing of the spin has actually helped with the RIDICULOUS amount of bat-pads and bat-boots that C22 had.

Also, from watching Rahul Rants' youtube video, seeing the ball spin more on a day 5 pitch makes me happy too. It actually proves there's some pitch degradation.

I'm still really confused about the regional crowd sounds though. Audio is a big deal to me and from videos I've watched of people playing as West Indies in West Indies, there's no steel drums or trumpets playing...which is kind of what we hear in the WI? Same with SA. It's just a 'normal' crowd. I do like the crowd I've heard in the India games though. I'm really pleased they actually made an effort on this side of things. It's really cool.

The Academy though.....will bats of player-created teams from the likes of wasteyouryouth always have blank bats? Or will the bat sponsors from C22 teams be fixed to fit properly? Anyone know if it's even possible?

And most importantly, did they add mountains back so we can make proper Newlands like we could in C19?

Staresblank

Club Captain
I have a difficultly in hitting the ball through mid wicket off pace bowling. Either I hit it to mid on or to square leg - anyone else have this issue?

jmarcf

Club Captain
you could change proficiencies for bowlers in cric22 by making them bowling allrounders or anything else and then once done change them back to bowlers. it works. I used this trick. As in cric22 u cant edit bowling prof for bowlers and batting for wicket keepers. Sadly you cant change type for licensed players as they are locked.
Works the same in C24. I did it to my fantasy players lol

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wicket keepers needs serious tweaking. It takes them literally 2 seconds to react to do a stumping. Fielders on the boundary still allow some balls past them where it is easily stoppable.

joeb86

Club Captain
Wicket keepers needs serious tweaking. It takes them literally 2 seconds to react to do a stumping. Fielders on the boundary still allow some balls past them where it is easily stoppable.
Playing with Bairstow? If so, sounds accurate

jmarcf

Club Captain
OK after a few hours of gameplay, I actually don't mind the game as much as I thought I would. Sure it needs some fixing but I would rather play this then watch the horrible stuff coming out of Hollywood or on Netflix..

I found on C22 there was just some shots I couldn't play at all....for instance, in some of my career mode saves, the late cut for instance was non existent but seem to be able to play them on C24...

Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread