Cricket 24 - General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That friction-less slide is an abomination. Had people taking catches from it, instead of diving forward. Replaced the stoop forward. BA just trolling now

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Standard.

Ball is not turning, that's not the issue, but the AI cant cope with any thing. Plus wicket keeprs are taking everything in front, to the side etc...
I've had over powered spinners (on Cricket 22) using standard controls for spin. Main reason is I'm not a fan of the turning of the stick on Pro spin. Although, I have been using Pro on Cricket 24 because I'm too lazy to change anything beyond the bowling and batting cameras to my preference.

There does seem to be a clear issue with the AI playing spin regardless. But, I wonder if Standard controls make it too easy to hit the right mark over and over that triggers the AI into getting out.

shan111

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've had over powered spinners (on Cricket 22) using standard controls for spin. Main reason is I'm not a fan of the turning of the stick on Pro spin. Although, I have been using Pro on Cricket 24 because I'm too lazy to change anything beyond the bowling and batting cameras to my preference.

There does seem to be a clear issue with the AI playing spin regardless. But, I wonder if Standard controls make it too easy to hit the right mark over and over that triggers the AI into getting out.
I have been using Pro controls throughout. The issue is AI just gets out to spin without any effort from users. I mean, the ball doesn't spin in C24. So I just vary my line & pace. Ashwin took 9 wickets on a flat deck. I would prefer a defensive AI who blocks spin all day over this.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Sorted out the upload problem. 9 wickets from my Bodyline test.

Am actually re-starting the tour, because of a few issues in some player equipment. I've edited those and shared both teams this morning - England 32/33 and Australia 32/33. username mrdconnors

Not fan of the short leg making all that distance across to take catches on the other side of the wicket. Feels like the same problem you have with spinners. Ball hanging in the air and fielders with too great anticipation.

Did like the deep square leg and mid wicket hook and pull dismissals.
Anyone else lost the ability to view the ball condition when bowling?
Yeah, that's a known issue.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Not fan of the short leg making all that distance across to take catches on the other side of the wicket. Feels like the same problem you have with spinners. Ball hanging in the air and fielders with too great anticipation.

Did like the deep square leg and mid wicket hook and pull dismissals.

Yeah, that's a known issue.

I agree re the short leg - and it's made worse by the slide animation vs a dive, which would at least look exciting.

In prior games I've tried bodyline and the AI would warp outside leg and smash into the off-side, making unplayable. This was really good, and you could see the players who would take it on vs those that wouldn't.

The mid-wicket dismissal was especially good - there'd been 2 just go over the fielder's head and run away for 4, so I set the inner field back, and sure enough he hit it straight down his throat. really good.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I see.
However, some of the wickets were off rank poor deliveries like pitching and sliding outside legstump- so I wonder if it will really make a difference. I will try to play with pro control to check more. Cheers!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I see.
However, some of the wickets were off rank poor deliveries like pitching and sliding outside legstump- so I wonder if it will really make a difference. I will try to play with pro control to check more. Cheers!
I'm not saying it'll make much/any difference, it was just something that occurred to me. There's more to think about with Pro controls so I find it more difficult to repeat.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

I have had success in recent games making the release window very small using standard controls. I need to nail it to get perfect input and don't really experience the issue others do.

I also have no bowling HUD so it's all timing.
Post automatically merged:

In my recent Test on a standard pitch they are 107/2 Lyon has one but going at 4's after 10 overs

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I have had success in recent games making the release window very small using standard controls. I need to nail it to get perfect input and don't really experience the issue others do.

I also have no bowling HUD so it's all timing.
Post automatically merged:

In my recent Test on a standard pitch they are 107/2 Lyon has one but going at 4's after 10 overs
Yeah, I have the bowling Hud on but I don't look at it. Still experienced the issue though.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Completed first Ashes Test. Played as Australia Legendary hard bat and bowl with Rumple43 sliders. Wicket chance were at 30 and run rate 28.
Going to use Veteran difficulty in next test to see if AI can do better.

Positives: Good looking dismissals from pace and spin
Fielding is better but still need attention.

Negatives: Response time to do a run out from both ends are very very slow. It is non existent to run someone out.
Spin spin spin!!! Out of all the wickets that spinners took there was only one that looked a bit weird. The big problem is that spinners don't spin the ball.
Way too many wides bowled by the AI!
Ashes01.jpgAshes02.jpgAshes03.jpgAshes04.jpgAshes05.jpgAshes06.jpgAshes07.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread