Cricket 24 - General Discussion

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
The lighting is changing in game after every ball, keeps going dark, feels and looks very odd. Waited almost a month for an xbox patch, and its still just as bad and unplayable. Great job guys.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
The lighting is changing in game after every ball, keeps going dark, feels and looks very odd. Waited almost a month for an xbox patch, and its still just as bad and unplayable. Great job guys.
Fyi today's patch isn't out for xbox yet, hopefully later. Your playing yesterday's patch and yes I have same issue. It got better after yesterday's patch but still matrix style stadium visual glitches in background which is annoying. Seems like much better graphics on PlayStation/steam.

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Fyi today's patch isn't out for xbox yet, hopefully later. Your playing yesterday's patch and yes I have same issue. It got better after yesterday's patch but still matrix style stadium visual glitches in background which is annoying. Seems like much better graphics on PlayStation/steam.
Thanks mate, time to shelve it (again). I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this is one of the worst video games I've ever played for what it is in its current state. Dreadful, and utterly shameful communication from BA in regards to Xbox user experience.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Thanks mate, time to shelve it (again). I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this is one of the worst video games I've ever played for what it is in its current state. Dreadful, and utterly shameful communication from BA in regards to Xbox user experience.
Just put the controller down until this evening. I played yesterdays patch and think even that version is better than C22 so I’m hoping for good things with what’s coming

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Are there any bat pad catches at all now as a spinner?

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I understand the frustrations for sure, I do reckon though now we are on same schedule as Sony and steam that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
One thing that did happen after starting career yesterday is that I play for a England club side in Surrey and my home ground is Sydney! The first time I started a career I was playing at a standard club ground, do hope that gets sorted in this patch.

Reddog

School Cricketer
What have they done now, the amount of run outs is ridiculous, the batsmen are so slow running between the wickets, every time they patch it they ruin it, do they test anything

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In BA games, dismissals are predetermined and not influenced by the quality of bowling, making it difficult for natural gameplay. This issue becomes evident when the AI-controlled player is on the verge of getting out.

The most significant improvement required is enhancing the AI's realism/situational awareness, followed by making bowling more skill-based and rewarding, rather than relying on scripted outcomes for AI dismissals.

I've also noticed numerous instances where the lower-order or tailenders manage to form partnerships of over 100 runs to successfully chase down a total on a pitch, even when the top and middle order have collapsed. It's quite amusing how poorly the scripting works in such cases.

Spot on, it’s as if a switch is flicked on and the batter takes riskier decisions with every ball that culminates in the dismissal looking quite jarring especially in the longer formats of previous BA games. Similarly if the AI decides it has to score it does so inevitably via even improbable rocket edges.

Wonder how much of that is still a thing in the current iteration.

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I understand the frustrations for sure, I do reckon though now we are on same schedule as Sony and steam that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
One thing that did happen after starting career yesterday is that I play for a England club side in Surrey and my home ground is Sydney! The first time I started a career I was playing at a standard club ground, do hope that gets sorted in this patch.
Yep I've had the same issue. Been playing my home club games at the SCG

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
With new update ..game looks good its getting beter and beter . !!

Staresblank

Club Captain
Just a word of warning - don't bother screenshotting your custom stadiums. It doesn't work and automatically deletes the picture after switching the game off. 90 mins down the drain

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've also had four of those weird flamingo scoops to fine leg for a catch in the first day of a test match.

I know I wanted outfield catches, but a couple a game.

Users who are viewing this thread