Cricket 24 - General Discussion

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I put Ali in to bowl after 10 overs and fair to say they’ve gone after him 4 overs 22 runs and the AI don’t look like sitting ducks or slo motion robots when facing spin. Positive so far only had 1 run out which would have been ok had the battter dived to get in he would have made it apart from that so far so good

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I suppose from BAs perspective changing the trajectory of the throw in to the keeper and the speed of the keeper is one thing, but actually altering the AI sense of the batsmen about when 1 run is on or when they could make a 2nd run etc is more difficult.

Ideally we want to still see run outs, either from throws from the deep outfield or close by, and either direct hits or the keeper/fielder whipping the bails. What we don't want to see is this happening all the time, it cheapens a wicket as the user has had to do nothing to earn it (if you're like me and have automated fielding on). I have no stats to hand but I'd say you might get 1 or 2 a game in general in white ball cricket and 1 every few games in red ball.

What frustrates me and others I'm sure is that with BA it always seems like it's black or white. You either have no spin or Murali-like turn, you either get slow fielding or rapid fielding, you either get AI unable to get the ball off the square or smashing 6s every ball to chase down unimaginable totals. And so on.

It would be nice every now and then for something to happen in the grey area in-between. So the throw comes in to the keeper who then fumbles. Or the throw is a bit high or too wide for the keeper to collect properly. I've noticed we no longer have fielders diving but not stopping the ball anymore like in C22. The animation was awful granted but now in typical BA style they dive for (and stop) everything near them.

Yes agreed. It's like they solve something by turning it on or off. I haven't had a bat pad in about 200 overs after getting one every two overs in the last build. Test cricket is all about balance and nuance and I don't think they quite get it. Or maybe they do, but are unable to make it count in game.

I think the trajectory is positive with this build though.

Perhaps they could just increase the speed of AI batsmen running a bit. An annoying, dirty fix, but fairly simple. And then of course we don't want runouts disappearing totally.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Help needed please - I’ve downloaded wastes two Ipl teams that are missing in game, how do I add them to the Indian t20 league. They show up on custom teams or is this not possible. Cheers

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Help needed please - I’ve downloaded wastes two Ipl teams that are missing in game, how do I add them to the Indian t20 league. They show up on custom teams or is this not possible. Cheers
Or is the only option add the teams then create a new list called IPL and add all 10 teams in there ? All I’ve managed to do so far

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
lol i never seem to get these run outs.Anyway is the academy working trying to upgrade the county championship teams before starting career mode and it keeps saying not available after about 5 minutes. Might veer from my usual Middlesex -England tradectory.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Waiting for the game to be playable and then i'll purchase.

I wanted to ask 1 thing to people who have bough the game,

in C22, while in career mode, while batting, If I take a single and the game is set to auto simulate for my stike, I rarely get to bat in the same over. The opposite batsman would play the rest of the over. Is it present even now?
Yes... In t20s.. while playing as an opener.. I would have played lesser balls than the number 5 batsman if I keep rotating strike. The easy option is to "disable auto skip" and deny single an the end of the last ball of the over.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
People are very quick to criticize but not so fast to admit something that is very clear. Without any doubt cricket 24 is the best ever cricket game. With the last patch BA have really taken the game to a new level. And face it, if you are still unhappy, you are just a unhappy person in general
Do you get paid per comment or is it daily wage?

The game is definitely better than c22 and it's in a better stage than what it was released but certainly not the best ever.

Note:- if you can comment about others, others too can comment about you. So please don't rant that point back.

OMGAvrilLavigne666

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
lol i never seem to get these run outs.Anyway is the academy working trying to upgrade the county championship teams before starting career mode and it keeps saying not available after about 5 minutes. Might veer from my usual Middlesex -England tradectory.
I had to do them 1 by 1. Seems to time out if you do too much at once.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I’ve just done 10 teams all
Worked ok

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
On xbox one after the latest patch, the lighting in game is still going dark after every simulation in career mode, so off putting and looks awful. Visually, the graphics are still atrocious, not sure when these are supposed to be fixed in the xbox patch list? Either way, very disappointing post patch.
Post automatically merged:

Also, another glitch. The scorecard at the bottom now isn't displaying the batsmans scores or the bowlers figures...just the team score. On xbox one after the latest patch. Shambolic

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
On xbox one after the latest patch, the lighting in game is still going dark after every simulation in career mode, so off putting and looks awful. Visually, the graphics are still atrocious, not sure when these are supposed to be fixed in the xbox patch list? Either way, very disappointing post patch.
Must just be Xbox one mines fine now on day 1 release (series x) it was horrendous but looks perfect now the lighting have you checked any other mode except career mode ?

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Must just be Xbox one mines fine now on day 1 release (series x) it was horrendous but looks perfect now the lighting have you checked any other mode except career mode ?
It's in every game mode. Genuinely makes it unplayable. I don't know where the scorecard has disappeared to either after thr latest patch, but this is the final straw for me. Ridiculous waiting times, game visually is absolutely horrendous with loads of bugs and lag, the gameplay itself is again glitchy and full of bugs. It's absolutely disgraceful and unforgivable in how BA have launched this game and treated Xbox users in particular. I will be getting a refund now as have had to wait a month for this patch, only for it to be a complete let down.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Post automatically merged:

Also, another glitch. The scorecard at the bottom now isn't displaying the batsmans scores or the bowlers figures...just the team score. On xbox one after the latest patch. Shambolic
The scoreboards not a glitch it's a new feature. If your bowling press down on key pad and you have option for switching between 3 huds. When batting I think its in settings

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
The scoreboards not a glitch it's a new feature. If your bowling press down on key pad and you have option for switching between 3 huds. When batting I think its in settings
Fair enough, just after I typed this I realised the same thing haha. Have requested a refund just now as this is just not playable in its current state on Xbox One even after the two "patches".

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Fair enough, just after I typed this I realised the same thing haha. Have requested a refund just now as this is just not playable in its current state on Xbox One even after the two "patches".
Good luck Microsoft can be difficult to negotiate with. But raise a ticket with BA and I'll do the same as my graphics on stadium in background flashes and jitters as well. On xbox one also

Users who are viewing this thread