Cricket 24 - General Discussion

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After todays steam small patch still 5 AI batsmen got run out at mid on/off in a t20 match. (All 5 wkts got run out)

And is anyone facing cover point /point shot in backfoot square cut/drive always replaces with backfoot cover drive or cover drive if ball is close to body ?
I mean if i want to play a certain shot then the batsmen should play that particular shot regardless of ball line/position & should get desired outcome instead of shot replacement(P.S. - i 've kept shot replacement option off whole time since C19/22 days).
I hope others are also facing this issue.

Also Game was playing so good before this last patch , i planned to play in this week a lot more but i guess need to wait till next tue till they look out for the numb keeper issue

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm getting so many run outs now with the rollout patch where the batsmen just stands there after playing a shot and doesn't ground his bat in. If this match carries on I'm going to post an innings where every single batsman is run out. I've had four out of four so far. Do they even test builds for half an hour before releasing them?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
The whole thing sounds like a shitshow.
I was on the verge of buying but wouldn't touch it with someone else's barge pole now.

It's annoying. With that ill fated Ashes Cricket 2013 and some EA games you can just bin them immediately.

With Big Ant they tease, like here is a nearly good game. We will fix a couple of things, add some polish. Oh we destroyed it! But we will give you a load new licenses in two years time and you can give us another $80. It works because there is nothing else. A great advert for free market competition economics, because this shows what happens where there is none.. It's a communist ecosystem and we very much have the Hugo Chavez of the cricket gaming world blowing up Twitter right now.

Staresblank

Club Captain
Im concerned this game may have peaked - this pattern has been in every BA game. The last patches of Ashes, C19 and C22 all finished worst then previous additions....

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I'm getting so many run outs now with the rollout patch where the batsmen just stands there after playing a shot and doesn't ground his bat in. If this match carries on I'm going to post an innings where every single batsman is run out. I've had four out of four so far. Do they even test builds for half an hour before releasing them?
I don’t know what patch I’m on but it was the one from last week the big Xbox update patch. I’ve had 14 runouts in 2 innings and can’t be arsed restarting all time shouldn’t have to so just shelved the game again it’s so frustrating I’ve played on every AI difficulty from rookie to legend and the higher you go the more run outs occur so maybe it’s the only way of taking wickets as I’ve found taking wickets naturally on veteran or legend near on impossible unless I drop striker timing down to 25/30 then you get the odd few.

2 month in to paying £50 and apart from a couple of nice wickets the game has me wanting to smash my pad up

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Bowling, hard difficulty, all default sliders, green, medium pitch, test match. Of course I can try hardest, but that still means five runouts before tea on the first day, and Moeen Ali taking three times more wickets than the seamers combined.

I'd say this is as poor as a Big Ant game has got, and Ashes Cricket 13 and Cricket 2000 aside, I think the poorest experience I have ever had with a cricket game.

20231110195918_1.jpg20231110195925_1.jpg

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I don’t know what patch I’m on but it was the one from last week the big Xbox update patch. I’ve had 14 runouts in 2 innings and can’t be arsed restarting all time shouldn’t have to so just shelved the game again it’s so frustrating I’ve played on every AI difficulty from rookie to legend and the higher you go the more run outs occur so maybe it’s the only way of taking wickets as I’ve found taking wickets naturally on veteran or legend near on impossible unless I drop striker timing down to 25/30 then you get the odd few.

2 month in to paying £50 and apart from a couple of nice wickets the game has me wanting to smash my pad up
I've always felt the Legend just causes more problems because they try to score more quickly.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
The irritation is also that if a game peaks, once it is updated you can never go back to that build.

I know with Euro Truck Sim and a few other games in my library, you can basically choose any version you want.

For the amount I have ripped into this latest build, it really is dreadful. I've had good, authentic cricket about two builds ago though.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is the rolled back patch out for PS4? Is it worth enough to update before I start playing today?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Windies are currently 234-3 against me. Had a lovely caught at mid off off the spinner mistimes drive caught at head height.
Post automatically merged:

Yes I agree the lower you go they play much more defensive and block almost everything. Just can’t find the sweet spot which would be nice minus the run outs

Veteran always for me with a slight reduction in a few skills. Have always produced good test matches with a competitive AI.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Windies are currently 234-3 against me. Had a lovely caught at mid off off the spinner mistimes drive caught at head height.
Post automatically merged:

Veteran always for me with a slight reduction in a few skills. Have always produced good test matches with a competitive AI.

How? I assume you are using manual fielding.

I'm on a runout every couple of overs at the minute. After playing a shot the batsmen just stand there, someone throws the ball and hits the stumps.

Users who are viewing this thread