Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Believe

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Xbox One here. I do like some things about this latest patch. It seems they've tuned down all fielders being Usain Bolt's cousins, and they no longer all throw like they're X-Men or something.

I've also had a couple of bump balls myself whilst batting. (Scared the shit out of me, as I was trying to go aerial but did not pick the slow ball) It was refreshing to make a mistake, but not be immediately out, and then watch the AI bump-ball 79/82 shots they play.

Though I also was caught by the WK literally standing on my boots to catch a mis-timed back foot cover drive off of Spin. At first I thought I had hit it into my foot, and he caught it, but then graphically just ran through me, but no. He was standing IN me before I'd even played the shot.

Have they also been randomly updating player likenesses? I swear Kane Williamson looks different now than he did on release.

Over-all... Couple nice little tweaks, but once again, the negatives far out-weigh the positives.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Don't think this is a complete pitch map because I've restarted. But the AI batting looks more realistic compared with my batting wagon wheels which are 95% through the V and covers. Kohli just put another one through cover.
2358260_20231114224043_1.png

Iyer just played this too, feels assertive/aggressive without being OTT like you'd see in previous games where they would just start launching it..

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Steam. Latest buiild I think.

One of those things where I believe it's all down to how the individual plays the game. It's why sharing sliders makes no sense to me.

I don't look at the hud for timing, I use the bowler run to time. So I am lucky to get Perfect/Perfect. Bowling with Woakes using the really hard to time Hazlewood action and Wood with the Starc action I don't like. This increase no balls and less chance of perfect bowling. And I'm bowling with Wood so I want to get bouncers in but sometimes Rambo Raja and Say Jhah call those wide.

I've always wondered if the extras impact the overall approach at all. Like if I'm helping the run rate by bowling lots of no balls with Woakes, does that keep the AI more sensible?

Nearly always use a similar field. Might take out short cover and stick in a short leg or a slip out to leg gully. So the AI can score down leg side when I bowl too straight. I know @Wealey says you can leave room for an AI release, which I get and agree might help, but at the same time I shouldn't have to. I think the AI has a choke point and so I just use realistic fields.

View attachment 286863

Genuinely it felt like the most realistic I've had AI batting. Kohli and Iyer are both in so I'm a little worried they might start teeing off. But Iyer has a FC strike rate up in the 70s, so I wouldn't complain if he dabbled in a little bazball.

View attachment 286862View attachment 286861
I will bowl to generally aggressive fields. I won’t usually have mid off and mid on - I’ll have eg a deep mid off and extra mid wicket, try to keep in slips.

Yesterday (on last build) was the first time I had a spinner really look overpowered and run through a 5-fee but weirdly the spinner at the other end didn’t get a wicket.

But today it was absurd. 2 short leg catches to a seamer - one edged on to body and looped up and caught running to leg gully… the other straight on to boot and caught. Then 2 joke run outs (restarted and undid one) and then 2 keeper slides in front of batsman for catches.

In between, a worse level of play than anything I’ve seen in any build so far.

cricboi

Club Captain
Anyone else taking left handed batters out of their lineups to avoid the giant disparity in batting difficulty? It's less noticeably in white ball but in tests you can consistently go 10 rpo for about 12 overs just milking leg side runs. I wish there was a way to avoid this but the way the AI bowls its really the only thing you can do.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
AI Wicket Keeper always throwing every ball back to bowler after each delivery if human batter leaves or misses ball. It's weird animation even the bowler jumps and falls on pitch to receive the ball from WK. It's unnecessary thing. It was not there in 1837 update.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
@MattW or @JNT BA could you tell us when the next patch is and what all are considered to be patched? The least you can do after having AAA pricing for this.
Sorry to disappoint you. You will not get any reply from them on this. Though we ask it as a customer and as someone with a genuine interest in the game, they don't pay any respect for the same. If you ask the same in BA forum, they will block or ban you, hope they can't do the same here.

PS: IF BA give a reasonable answer for @Nithin Antony post, admins can delete this post of mine.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Played an online match and it can be said without doubt that the game royally sucks. Ball high up in the air not even attempted to be caught by near by fielders.

Wicket keeper taking an eternity to run out batsman now when batsman has not even crossed the half. Some batting shots missing to off side which is constantly misused by opponents and also keep a close in catcher who bloody well catches even superman going near by him even at speed of light.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I am on xbox and after the latest patch i am having these overthrow issue while human batting. Are others also having this issue or am i alone ?

Also WK( AI) throwing every ball back to bowler after each delivery weirdly when human batter leaves or misses ball. It's unnecessary weird animation. Even the AI bowler jumps and falls on pitch to receive the ball from WK.

niksopikso

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Cricket 24: Community Professionalsssss admin- If you are in this forum which you are. Wanted to know if bigants have any leverage over you? If not, and you are posting what you are posting with your own will, then please share whatever you are smoking. Also, grow some walnuts. It wil help you to be more professionalsssssssss.

caprikaps

Club Captain
BA should also list out features (with new patch notes) that were working fine until the new patch but are now broken. While it's easy to highlight the improvements, it's important to acknowledge the new bugs causing significant issues which are conveniently ignored making it look like an effort from them to improve the game. The introduction of new bugs erodes trust and prompts customers to express their dissatisfaction across various platforms.

Recent statements from the CEO and BA seem to downplay the bugs, presenting them as minor inconveniences customers should accept. This arrogance is worsening the situation.

It's essential to remember that not long ago, customers were praising BA, and sentiments were positive. However, the current sentiment is primarily influenced by the gameplay experience, and it's crucial to address the issues rather than adopt a bullish stance.

Its a vicious cycle where you go from few bugs to new bugs to broken basic features to the next Cricket iteration. Nothing really hasn't changed, isn't it?

Last edited:

noys390

County Cricketer
Asked this question before,
addressing to those having RTX or high end systems,
I have kept the fps uncapped in my setting. I am finding that there is a good fps of 200+ when I am in the menu section, the moment the game starts the fps drops down to 60+ . I just want to know is this the way it is supposed to be or I am doing some wrong setting. The frame rate is vital for multiplayer games to avoid lags. If that is the case for all folks, I hope BigAnt takes a look into this. It makes no sense in giving an fps over 200 in menu section and then in the actual thing it drops to a sub-par level. As a tripleA game we atleast should have an 120+ fps.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cricket 24: Community Professionalsssss admin- If you are in this forum which you are. Wanted to know if bigants have any leverage over you? If not, and you are posting what you are posting with your own will, then please share whatever you are smoking. Also, grow some walnuts. It wil help you to be more professionalsssssssss.
1700030638036.png

Users who are viewing this thread