Cricket 24 - General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Asked this question before,
addressing to those having RTX or high end systems,
I have kept the fps uncapped in my setting. I am finding that there is a good fps of 200+ when I am in the menu section, the moment the game starts the fps drops down to 60+ . I just want to know is this the way it is supposed to be or I am doing some wrong setting. The frame rate is vital for multiplayer games to avoid lags. If that is the case for all folks, I hope BigAnt takes a look into this. It makes no sense in giving an fps over 200 in menu section and then in the actual thing it drops to a sub-par level. As a tripleA game we atleast should have an 120+ fps.
You can see the FPS in the corner of my video

That's on a Ryzen 5 5600x & RTX 3070

adamtheswan

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone else taking left handed batters out of their lineups to avoid the giant disparity in batting difficulty? It's less noticeably in white ball but in tests you can consistently go 10 rpo for about 12 overs just milking leg side runs. I wish there was a way to avoid this but the way the AI bowls its really the only thing you can do.
The AI seems to bowl much better lines to left-handers from around the wicket, so you could try momentarily switching teams and have the bowlers do that.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
AI Wicket Keeper always throwing every ball back to bowler after each delivery if human batter leaves or misses ball. It's weird animation even the bowler jumps and falls on pitch to receive the ball from WK. It's unnecessary thing. It was not there in 1837 update.
Then the bowler throws it at the wicket for no reason at all. It’s pathetic it wasn’t there before now it is who in the right mind thinks this is ok.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
After defending the ball now, the commentators and the crowd thinks it is going through the gap for runs. Really want to smoke the same stuff everyone at BA smokes

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
After defending the ball now, the commentators and the crowd thinks it is going through the gap for runs. Really want to smoke the same stuff everyone at BA smokes
You mean the big cheer from the crowd on every shot ? It’s horrendous sounds like there’s a Mexican wave non stop

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You mean the big cheer from the crowd on every shot ? It’s horrendous sounds like there’s a Mexican wave non stop
Yup. It is really irritating particularly when you are playing a defensive shot in a test match. The commentators also say that the ball is going through the gap for runs. Really frustrating to see the game like this from what we had a couple of weeks ago

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Yup. It is really irritating particularly when you are playing a defensive shot in a test match. The commentators also say that the ball is going through the gap for runs. Really frustrating to see the game like this from what we had a couple of weeks ago
Apart from throw speed from fielders I don’t see any more positives from this patch but can name 9/10 negatives straight away. It’s an absolute shambles but like Ross the boss says you have to take the rough with the smooth, with all the glitches present and silly stuff going on in gameplay and crowd noise etc this is 10 X worse than c22 at the minute

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've given up playing this. Not even sure they will fix it up now.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I've given up playing this. Not even sure they will fix it up now.
It’s the fact they edge towards a half decent game then absolutely demolish it with loads of crap stuff we hadn’t seen yet, says it all when people are rushing to turn updates off when the game gets in a half decent state. I have given up myself I’ll follow on here see what’s going on cz I find this forum more entertaining and enjoyable than the game I paid £50 for It’s so so so poor they should be held accountable for the constant mess

Users who are viewing this thread