Cricket 24 - General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
So basically you can’t have a deep mid off.

But they have definitely patched in the c19 thing where if the ball doesn’t bounce right in front of the batsman it will drop just in front of the ring fielder, but if it bounces right in front of the batsman it will fly to the ring fielder like a bullet.

Trolling us now.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have mostly been positive from the beginning and haven't given up on the game like many others here. But after the latest patch, last night i had a horrible game. I have been playing this test match for a few days now between Australia (early 2000) vs SAF (2012) and started the last innings with Australia (AI) needing 349 to win. things were going well for Aus with 88-0 after 25 overs (before the patch). and then after the patch, Caught behind where wicketkeeper comes forward even before the ball reaches the batsman. talk about showing the scripts in blatantly shameless way. Almost wanted to quit the game. But that wasn't all, had 4 stupid run outs where after the final one i didn't restart because i had truly lost interest to play other than that nagging feeling of just finishing the match. I did finish it with Australia being all out for 232 in the end. I had some beautiful moments in the game : batsman defending a bouncer and ball lobbing up for the bowler to dive and take the catch, Plays and misses followed by catch on the 4th slip, AI setting up field for bouncers and surprising me with a full one in the middle and getting me bowled. But it was all ruined by the latest patch.
Until yesterday’s ps5 patch I was honestly loving it. Perfect? No. But realistic, fun and genuinely good.

Now it’s garbage.

4 years ago I walked away from the beta because I saw they had no understanding of their own code/engine and could not reliably patch without destroying stuff. Nothing has changed.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Is anyone else playing on Xbox One? The state of the game is an utter disgrace. Right from the beginning there has been an issue with the visuals of the game going dark after every ball or simulation. Not to mention the outfield looks horrendous, the stadium has matrix like glitches, and the game feels a huge mess. I can't believe this game is over a month old and still in this condition.
I'd say kick up a stink on twitter but the Community Embarrassment accounts will just spill bullshit on how it's your fault or a ticket will fix everything

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Finally got around to playing the new patch on PS5 last night. First thing I noticed was that the batter doesn't run towards cover anymore when taking off for a single. The player coming back for a second is much quicker too so running seems enhanced.

Bowling wise, the batters seem to play shots in the air more (feeling like they haven't timed it properly) so you feel like you have more of a chance which I rate. I did find they hit a shot to a fielder on the fence and didn't go for a single which I found very odd.

Fielding wise, it's an absolute clusterf. Keepers sliding in front of the stumps taking grabs, batters walking out of the crease randomly. The reflexes from the keepers are out of of this world.

I really enjoyed the patch previously and I like what's happened with the running between wickets this patch but the balance for fielding must be a tough nut to crack because it's either too slow or too quick depending on patches.

Another patch to look at the fielding and some batting AI decisions would be great imo.

Staresblank

Club Captain
Until yesterday’s ps5 patch I was honestly loving it. Perfect? No. But realistic, fun and genuinely good.

Now it’s garbage.

4 years ago I walked away from the beta because I saw they had no understanding of their own code/engine and could not reliably patch without destroying stuff. Nothing has changed.
What I don't get is don't they save the old code so they can revert mistakes back? Or is that not how it works? Genuinely every single one or their games ends worse then previous versions.

MetChristofi

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I really wanted to buy this game, but after looking up all the comments here for a while, guess it’s best to give it a miss and stick with 22

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What I don't get is don't they save the old code so they can revert mistakes back? Or is that not how it works? Genuinely every single one or their games ends worse then previous versions.
It’s how it should work yeah.

Your code repository is versioned and you should be able to easily revert. Your devs should peer review each others pull requests to update the codebase, before it even hits QA.

It doesn’t appear BA have any of that.

I am CEO of a tech company - admittedly from the “business” side not the tech side. I’m not a dev. But I know how it’s supposed to work.

We’ve had shit builds get further than they should, but never to production and we can revert. If my lead had done the equivalent of pushing that ps5 release knowing the steam one was broken, they’d be out of a job that day.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Now it’s garbage.

I unplugged my PS5 to avoid latest patch download , because already existing patch 1883 is good. I am playing on steam and until WK throwing issue fixed i will never power on my PS5

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can bigant back the last patch ?? Spoild the game so many over throws going with kepper endss

mazd

International Cricketer
To think I was gonna finally buy this game after some really positive comments from the community members here who I genuinely respect like @blockerdave, @Dutch to name a few. However my processor gave out lol. Blessing in disguise.
BA doing the anti Hello Games. Hope they figure it out so that people who have invested in it can enjoy it for a few more months till BA gives up on it and works on new iteration. Smh

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
So sorry to read this as last week everything looked positive but it is no surprise as we all know that this is par for the course with Big Ant and the reason why I will not purchase this game.

Users who are viewing this thread